Author Topic: The Witcher 2  (Read 51320 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
The Witcher 2
« on: Thursday, September 17, 2009, 08:47:25 PM »
NEWEST -> 8/10/2012:
REDKit modding tools for The Witcher 2 to be shown-off behind closed doors at GamesCom 2012.

News, Info, Links, Etc:
PC Patch 3.2 released.
PC Patch 3.1 released.
G4TV -> Sessler's Soapbox - "A Gift From Poland" -> Sessler on The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition for X360.
G4TV -> Perfect 5 stars for TW2: EE for X360.
IGN -> PC Review of TW2: Enhanced Edition - 9.0 (of 10).
PC Gamer -> Why CD Projekt Updated The Witcher 2 For Free.
OWNet -> My thread on TW2: Enhanced Edition PC Patch released.
The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition - Upgrade Patch for PC version owners is up for Pre-Load at around 13 GB; rest of files  needed coming April 17th.

GameBanshee -> TW2:EE X360 version reviews starting to pour in...
GameSpot -> Comparison videos of The Witcher 2 PC vs. X360.
TW2: Enhanced Edition - Some of its ChangeLog --> Part 1; Part 2.
Eurogamer -> Witcher dev's next two 2014/2015 "AAA+" games are simultaneous PC and next-gen console releases.
GOG.com -> The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition announced for PC and X360 for April 17th.
GiantBomb -> CD Projekt RED drops piracy initiative to chase pirates.
Patch 2.1 released.
TW2's sales -> GOG version sells 35K; Steam sells 195K; Over 1 mill at retail worldwide.
GameBanshee -> LOTS more info on upcoming Patch 2.0.
GameBanshee-> Witcher 2 - Version 2.0 PC will be shown off at GamesCon,which supposed to contain a new DLC.
Info on upcoming Patch 1.3.
Patch 1.3 ChangeLog w/ 45 things listed for changes, additions, fixes, etc - NO ETA on its release yet.

Full list from GOG on Patch 1.3 Change-Log.
Joystiq -> Namco Bandai is suing Optimus SA [CD Projekt's parent company] over European publishing rights for The Witcher 2 and also DRM removal in PC version.
Polish and English language audio packs released.
Joystiq -> The Witcher 2 is going to the X360 by End of 2011.
GOG -> The Witcher PC - Patch 1.2 coming tomorrow w/ over 50+ improvements and changes.
Bluesnews -> ALL DLC's will be FREE; Expansions will be for purchasing.
GTTV -> "Hope" Trailer.
G4TV -> "How To Kill A Witcher" Trailer.
IGN -> "Launch" Trailer.
GTTV -> Living World GamePlay Trailer.
Rock Paper Shotgun -> 12 Splendid Things About The Witcher 2.
Witcher 2 = Gone GOLD.
Eurogamer -> Preview.
Kotaku -> Impressions on the game.
GameTrailers.com -> In-Game Environment Slideshow Trailer.
GameTrailers.com -> Combat Trailer.
StrategyInformer -> Chris Capel's impressions on TW2 after 10 hours or so of it.
Plughead.net -> Chris Capel's first impressions of TW2, 10 hours into it. He'll be doing a preview for StrategyInformer.
PC Gamer -> Hands-On Impressions w/ TW2.
PC Gamer -> Dev Diary on Magic and Bombs.
The Witcher 2 - FAQ PDF on DRM, Updates, Etc.
Edge -> Interview w/ Tomasz Gop of CDP.
Escapist -> On The Overhauled Combat System.
OWNet -> More details on TW2 PC's system requirements.
GOG - Witcher 2 will only be DRM Free on GOG for digital versions.
RockPaperShotgun -> 10 minutes of TW2 footage.
RockPaperShotgun -> Preview on TW2.
GameSpot -> Written preview on TW2 - SPOILERS Included.
GameSpot - On The Spot -> 4:50 into this until 16:25, video interview w/ Tomasz Gop on TW2.
IGN -> Witcher 2 Preview - 3 pages.
GameZone -> Witcher 2 vs. Dragon Age 2.
Eurogamer -> Insane Difficulty Mode Revealed.
Shacknews -> New Dev Diary about The RED Engine and System Requirements.
Eurogamer -> CD Projekt talks more about their Anti-DRM stance.
1UP -> CDP is not playing around when it comes to piracy. - Torrent The Witcher 2 illegally, expect a possible threatening letter(s) and/or a fine.
Kotaku -> The Witcher 2: Collector's Edition for the PC revealed!!
Evil Avatar -> The Witcher 2 PC - May 11th, 2011 is the release date.
BigDownload.com -> The Witcher 2 - Dev Diary on The Engine powering TW2.
Shacknews -> Witcher 2 for consoles is "uncertain"; PC version still planned for March 2011.
Games.On.Net -> Interview w/ Tomasz Gop and Marek Ziemak.
Cubeecraft.com -> Geralt Cubee from Papercraft of Kings press kit to download.
Eurogamer -> Tomasz Gop interview on Witcher 2.
Eurogamer -> Jan Bartkowicz on how The Witcher influenced Mass Effect and Dragon Age.
Eurogamer -> 2-page interview w/ Tomasz Gop and Jan Barktowicz.
Voodoo Extreme -> Vernon Roche - Character Revealed from TW2.
Cynical Brit -> 29 min interview w/ CD Projekt on Witcher 2.
Gamasutra -> 3 page interview w/ Tomasz Gop on The Witcher 2.
Eurogamer -> Witcher 2 will have 16 endings.
TechSpotlight.net -> The Witcher 2 - Comparison w/ TW1 and Gameplay Videos/Demos from GamesCom 2010.
Bit-Tech.net -> Witcher 2 impressions from GamesCom 2010.
GameSpot -> Witcher 2 impressions from GC 2010.
IGN -> Witcher 2 impressions from GC 2010.
GameInformer -> Witcher 2 impressions from GC 2010.
Kotaku -> Witcher 2: Papercraft of Kings - Press Kit at GamesCom 2010.
CDP details their own DRM policies.
Faceoffgames.com - LONG interview w/ Tomek Gop.
Interview w/ Tomas Gop of CD Projekt.
GameSpot - Interview w/ Adam Badowski of CDP.
More footage leaked.
Info on Witcher 2 from CDP Conference.
PC Version planned for Q1 2011.
Worldwide Publishers announced.
VG247 - Interview w/ Tomek Gop.
Gamesradar.com - Preview.
WitcherVault on IGN - Interview w/ Tomasz Gop.
CD Projekt responds to Namco's comments on UbiSoft DRM.
Faceoffgames.com - LONG interview w/ Tomek Gop.

Alpha Leak
Alpha footage here from CDPR.
CDPR offers up an official statement due to the leak of the Alpha vid.
Eriash of CDPR speaks on the boards of the voice-acting found in the Alpha leak.

Trailers
Epic Trailer.

GamePlay Footage
Cut-Scene.
4 parts of gameplay videos.

Dev Diaries
The Beginning.
Importing TW1 saves into TW2 and more.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 20, 2015, 06:18:38 AM by MysterD »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings
« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 05:24:28 AM »
That looks interesting! I hope they ironed out a lot of the issues with the combat. Ideally I'd like to see it being more like Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 01:41:49 PM »
I loved The Witcher's combat -- where it was still mouse style (for the most part), but no obsessive click-fest like say Diablo series and Sacred series. I don't mind the click-fest of those two games, but it's nice to have a game go for something else.

For camera angles, I'd like to see other than what they had in the first one -- also an additional Free-Cam option a la Sacred 2 and NWN games.

I really hope Witcher 2 has more skills, more equipment, and more magic abilities.

QTE's (Quick-Time Events) really looked...interesting compared to how they usually are tacted-on, actually -- that it looks like it happens while possibly in dialogue and/or in combat.

I dunno, but I must have this game.

Oh, where's Que, dammit? I want him to comment on W2...

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 02:20:49 PM »
CDPR offers up an official statement due to the leak of the Alpha vid of the game.

“Of course, we can’t and won’t try to deny the facts. The movie that appeared on the various sites yesterday presents our newest project, The Witcher 2, which we’ve been working on for some time. We made something about half year ago, to present the first playable version of the game.” said Adam Kicinski, CEO of CD Projekt RED. “Currently we are looking for a potential publisher (or publishers) for this title, and this leak is an uncontrolled side effect of that process. For today, we are not commenting on anything that concerns the game itself.”

More information about The Witcher 2 will be unveiled alongside the official announcement.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 06:43:16 PM »
I'd be excited, but I still haven't finished the first one.  I got pretty close and then put it down and ended up starting it over after the EE stuff came out.  And then never had time to finish it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 06:52:14 PM »
I'd be excited, but I still haven't finished the first one.  I got pretty close and then put it down and ended up starting it over after the EE stuff came out.  And then never had time to finish it.
I finished through Witcher (Original), but never EE. Every once and a while, I get that knack to go back and get a little further through EE. I really should finish EE -- I wanna this time, for the romance-path, follow the Triss path, instead of Shani...

I'm bettin' once Que gets through EE and Witcher 2 draws closer to release, Que will be like me -- drooling for Witcher 2.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Friday, September 18, 2009, 07:48:49 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I loved the first one completely and I think it's fantastic they're doing a sequel.  Once I start seeing media it'll probably spur me on to finish the first.  It's easily one of my top CRPGs of all time, whether I finished it or not.  Just talking about it is making me want to play...

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 05:39:10 AM »
Eriash of CDPR speaks on the boards of the voice-acting found in the Alpha version video of The Witcher 2 that got leaked out.
As i did in the news section of the forum, I would like to thank you for you opinions on this movie, however unfortunate's the way it was published.

What i want to point out is, the voices in the movie are of course placeholders. This is an internal presentation based on early alpha of the game.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2009, 03:04:46 PM »
A bunch of FAQ's answered by Tomasz Gop of CD Projekt, in regards to The Witcher 2.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, leaked video - FAQ

Q: Does the leaked video show final or close to final product quality?

A: As Adam (CD Projekt RED CEO) noted in our response to the leak, the video was created using a very early alpha version of The Witcher 2 and therefore does not represent the final quality of the game in any way. Basically, the video was created six months ago to show the game to the potential publishers, and a lot has changed since that time. Moreover, the movie does not even touch the main aspect of the game, which is it’s story. We put all our efforts into making the story even more exciting and captivating, giving our fans exactly what they expect.

Q: I don’t like Geralt’s voice. Are those final voiceovers for the game?

A: After seeing the video many of you worried about the quality of voiceovers and the different voices used by lead characters. We’re proud that our team members can imitate native English actors so well that some people would even consider these VOs being part of the final product :). However, we are not planning to change RED into the world’s first non-native recording studio for English movies and games by using non-native non-actors. Don’t worry, we’ll stay in our day jobs. The voices in the video are not in any way final, and were only created for the purposes of the video. By the way - personally, I don’t like Geralt’s voice in this movie either ;).

Q: Will the developers of The Witcher be involved in The Witcher 2?

A: The Witcher 2 is being developed by the same team which was responsible for the first one with some minor changes (50+ people remain from The Witcher’s development). It is true that there were some cuts in the development department at CD Projekt, but those were mostly connected with freezing development of The Witcher: Rise of The White Wolf.

Q: What is the release date?

A: We haven’t established a release date yet. It will be announced together with our future publisher. However, please do not expect the game too soon. The Witcher 2 is still deeply in the development stage and as it is huge and complex, there is still many, many hours of work in front of us.

Q: When we will see more materials from the game?

A: Except for this FAQ we do not plan any materials to be released soon. An official trailer and other stuff will be done with our publisher, and it won’t be very soon. Sorry.

Q: What engine will be used in The Witcher 2?

A: The game does not use the Aurora Engine anymore. We developed a brand new engine dedicated to creating games with the design and features we love (basically the same concept as in the first Witcher but everything done much better, smoother and with some significant improvements). The new engine is fully scalable and, well… kicks ass;). We believe it will let us avoid all bottlenecks we came across during development of the first Witcher. Exact engine specifications, features and name will be revealed after the official announcement.

Q: What platform will the game be released on?

A: Although PC is certain choice we made regarding platforms for The Witcher 2, we also want to release the console version. More information will come after official announcement of the game.

Questions answered by Tomasz Gop, Senior Producer at CD Projekt RED.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 22, 2009, 03:38:38 PM by MysterD »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2009, 06:34:17 PM »
Oh shit, I had no idea Rise of the White Wolf had been frozen.  Any news on that?

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2009, 06:58:10 PM »
Oh shit, I had no idea Rise of the White Wolf had been frozen.  Any news on that?

AFAIK, CDPR was NOT happy w/ Widescreen Studios for not meeting their milestones.
Let me go find that link....

EDIT:
This was the last we all heard about The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf being put on hold.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 03, 2009, 07:05:44 AM »
GameSpot interview w/ Adam Badowski of CDPR on The Witcher 2.

Technology & Always Improving Their Games
GS: CD Projekt RED seems to believe very strongly in improving its game products. For instance, the Enhanced Edition of the original game added numerous improvements to the base game. What are some additional areas that you're looking to improve in the upcoming sequel?

AB:We believe that we can always improve our products, bringing them closer to the best we can achieve. Even though we have released improvements like the Enhanced Edition, we will still be aiming to make The Witcher 2 as good as possible at release. That's why we've decided to use completely new technology and to redesign many of the game's features.

We cannot talk about many of the new features yet because it's still much too early, but I can say that the new technology will really stand out. We've built a brand new engine for The Witcher 2, with lots of amazing new visual effects--improved day and night cycles, a new dynamic camera, and much more--to present even more impressive graphics. We are also improving a number of gameplay elements, making combat even more exciting and helping players become even more immersed in the gameworld.

Adult Themes
GS: There were some very interesting and very adult story themes in the original game--betrayal, sexuality, and bigotry. Will these themes be expanded in the sequel? What other themes with the sequel explore?

AB: We want The Witcher 2 to be even more mature, so we'll be placing a lot of focus on the design of the story. Gamers will face a very real and brutal world. The way in which we explore sexuality will be greatly improved, and we'll be putting a lot of work into showing the erotic dimension of life in a more natural way, rather than as a sort of minigame. We'll be using cinematic means to flesh out characters, who will differ from each other as they would in real life. These differences will come through in their behavior, their attitude toward Geralt, and how they react to the world.

Once again, the game won't offer any choices between good and evil. Rather, it will force you to decide what is important to you and whom can you trust. Many times you'll be left with real doubts about the choices you've made because the consequences of your decisions will be unpredictable.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2009, 03:15:53 PM »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #13 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 04:53:41 PM »
Info from latest CD Projekt conference.

English version (summary)

We've been to CD Projekt's conference regarding its merger with Optimus. Here are some of the facts we have learned from the conference itself and from speaking to CD Projekt's founders, Michał Kiciński and Marcin Iwiński.

* According to CD Projekt, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is to be a "breakthrough RPG like Fallout 3" that should get over 90% score at Metacritic
    * The Witcher 2 development team currently consists of ca. 80 people, both from CD Projekt Red and from Metropolis Software, whose FPS titled They is currently "on hold"
    * The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf, the console port of the first game, is not canceled but suspended, and will likely be made after all. This time with the use of CD Projekt's own technology, not an engine outsourced from a third party. However, it might not happen until after the second game is finished.
    *  The Witcher 2 uses CD Projekt's internal, multi-platform engine, which is focused not only on the renderer and physics, but on non-linear quest design. CD Projekt founders believe that it will be in the vanguard among game engines, and especially RPG engines.
    * The company is in talks with publishers, although they did not specify how advanced the talks are. The publisher will most likely be announced in Q1 2010. They do not want a big publisher like EA, but someone they cooperate with as partners. They want the game to be published in identical form in all countries, with rich bonus content, like the Enhanced Edition of the first Witcher.
    * Despite some reports, the presentation of The Witcher 2 at Igromir in Russia was a closed show for potential business partners, and the game was not presented publicly.
    * They do not plan to sell new titles through Good Old Games in addition to classics, as the site would lose its uniqueness. Most publishers would also be reluctant to release new titles without DRM, and lack of DRM is one of the main principles of the site.
    * One of the 3 biggest game publishers will add their games to the GOG catalogue early next year.
    * Local versions of GOG might be created in the future, with localized versions of the games.
    * The merger with Optimus will give the company new opportunities for development, although if not for the crisis, CD Projekt would probably enter the stock market on their own.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 08:00:37 PM »
News from 1Up.
Looks like the official website for The Witcher has a big #2 on it.
Probably gonna get Witcher 2 info soon...

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings - Update: NEW Epic trailer (Reply 15)
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 02:20:16 PM »
Hope they can continue to do well as an independent studio.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 02:34:53 PM »
Hope they can continue to do well as an independent studio.

Makes two of us.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 05:29:17 PM »
PC version is planned for Q1 2011, by the way...

They would like to do a console version, but no definite plans for one yet...

There's a link w/ an interview on Witcher 2 there, as well.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 01:52:53 PM »
Publishers worldwide announced for TW2 by CD Projekt RED.

Let me confirm:

North America - Atari Inc.
Russia - 1C-SoftClub/Snowball Studios
Central Europe - CD Projekt
Western Europe - not decided yet

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 08, 2010, 03:40:14 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: The Witcher 2
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, April 01, 2010, 03:26:14 PM »
VG247.com interviews the Senior Producer on The Witcher 2, Tomek Kop of CD Projekt.

Witcher 2's Brand New Game Engine
VG247: Tell us a bit about the updated engine? What technological limitations did you come across the last time out, and how did you push through those with Witcher 2?

Tomek Gop: The Witcher 2 works on brand new engine created by CD Projekt RED, so it is not updated version of Aurora.

Previous technology limitations were mostly connected with the RPG core of the game. Dialogues, cutscenes, character interactions, scripting the storyline and so on. We’ve removed a lot of limitations, some of which were pretty obvious (the infamous obstacles you couldn’t leap over), and some closer to the production pipeline. Lots of things are now easier for designers, animators and artists to do without programmers’ help.

That’s one of the reasons the game looks so good a year before release. In one word, rewriting the engine was a mainly RPG-related challenge for us.

DLC Possibilities
VG247: Any plans for future downloadable content like adventure packs? What about a demo? Any plans for one? If so, will one come to consoles?

Tomek Gop: As for DLC nothing has been announced again, but we’re definitely thinking about this one. A lot of ideas, and new possibilities with the new tech. We’d like to make sure we do the game first though.

Geralt's Affairs
VG247: Geralt is pretty much the Captain Kirk of the medieval world. Will he have just as many female conquests this time around or will he decide to settle down with one gal?

Tomek Gop: What Would Kirk Do? Geralt has always been sort of womanizer, so you might expect relations this time as well. It was important for us to rethink and redesign the presentational aspect of sex, nudity and romance in The Witcher 2. We focused on this being more bound to the story, and less “collectible”.

You could expect that this time sex means actually two people getting close to each other.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, April 07, 2010, 06:39:00 PM »
So, this is next year right?  In North America as well?

I reinstalled The Witcher, started to play it again and then all of a sudden realized I couldn't do it...as much as I like the game I just don't have the ambition to play through it again and tread old ground.  A new one though?  I'd be all over that.

And yeah, they need a new engine - they've pushed this one to the max.  I did,  however finally figure out how to get cut scenes and dialogue scenes to display correctly at 16:10; you can't.  Engine limitation that they still have not officially recognized, but it's been pretty much confirmed that they won't be displayed correctly at that aspect ratio on ANY hardware. The answer? 16:9.  For me, this meant manually editing the drivers before installing them so that 1664*936 is a forced display option for Windows and all games.

All that and I just uninstalled the game after...damn.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, April 08, 2010, 01:34:37 PM »
So, this is next year right?  In North America as well?
Yup.
Q1 2011 is their plan, if all stays on course and all.
Atari will be publishing in the USA.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 03:15:40 PM »
Witcher 2 interview w/ Tomasz Gop of CD Project.

Witcher 2's SDK
Witcher Vault: We have already heard rumours that new SDK for the Witcher 2 will be a lot better than D’Jinni, is that true?

Tomasz Gop: Oh no doubt about it! At least for us – we wanted to write an engine from scratch, so our tools are our own. It allows us to add something, or change something, in any way we want to. For instance, designers can do a lot more stuff without the programmers’ aid, which, thinking logically, will translate similarly into the realm of community-made things.

W2 will have more of an open-world to it
Witcher Vault: All right, then what about open-world locations? There’s been quite a few such places in W1, but overall the world felt just a bit too hermetically sealed…

Tomasz Gop: Locations in W2 are much larger than in W1. At the same time, there’s a huge difference here; where in one Act you had to travel between several locations in W1, for example, Act 4 required travel between several places, in W2 you get one huge location for each Act. The interiors are dynamically streamed as well.

Not Too Many Load Times
Witcher Vault: So, this will more or less look like we’d have Vizima’s Temple and Trade quarters hooked up together with no transition?

Tomasz Gop: Yes, this might be a good example. But size aside, we’ve also streamlined the loading process. You might not see a single loading screen throughout a whole Act in Witcher 2!

Combat
Witcher Vault: Continuing in the ‘comparison’ vein, can you tell us something about combat? We’ve seen the examples during your gameplay session, and – to be frank – it wasn’t actually more dynamic to the viewer. However, from what you describe, the system is much more dynamic. Can you explain?

Tomasz Gop: Well, right now you’ve seen a dev playing. There’re two significant changes here, first of all, there’s no hard lock onto a target. Where in W1 you were forced to attack a selected target – which needed to be reselected, if you had to switch to the next one – now you can simply change the direction of your attacks, and they will find the next opponent even mid-hit, without losing the pace. Another new thing is the ability to mix fighting styles ad hoc, without any penalty or losing your progression. And, to that point, there’s no fixed combo sequences now – you build your attacks by yourself, mixing and matching for better result. You can even use Signs during ‘clicking’ with no detriment to the melee.

Witcher Vault: So is seemingly slower-paced combat a result of lower level of the character shown in the presentation, or maybe something else?

Tomasz Gop: We don’t want to show everything at once. To be honest, we were focusing more on the plot, dialogue system, cutscenes integration into the game during this presentation, more so than on the combat. It’s also worth mentioning that combat in the Witcher has never been a very big part of the game – at least, not considering the RPG aspect. In fact, we wanted to make combat in W2 more ‘witchery’, more tactical, more tuned to the character development. That said, we wanted to give player a choice: whether he/she wants to fight more with the aid of alchemy, or maybe solely focusing on the swordfight. There’s even more interactivity here – since wilderness here is a true ecosystem, you can perform truly ‘witchery’ stuff, not just tied to your knowledge of how to defeat the monsters. For example, you can catch a beast, pump it full of some substance, then let it go. Then, you follow it on its chemical trail to its lair, and destroy the whole lair of the monsters. This, in particular, is something that we haven’t done in Witcher 1.

Witcher Vault: Going back to actual combat, what of the active blocking? We’ve seen Geralt put his sword up in a sort of a ‘riposte-ready’ stance…

Tomasz Gop: There’s going to be active block. We want to make it so that you can use this blocking tactically – to wait until you see an opening, and then strike to see it work.

Multiple Endings
Witcher Vault: Since you can do that and you can change the way Acts pan out, can you also have different endings?

Tomasz Gop: Oh yes, definitely. There’s going to be a lot more possible endings in the Witcher 2. Not just one or two more, a LOT more. I can’t divulge how many there’ll be just yet, but I can already tell you that some of the endings will not entirely depend on your dialogue choices… there’s a lot more factors at play here, including seemingly random elements. Aside from that, your companions will influence the plot as well – and you will get to have a companion around you.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, June 03, 2010, 04:50:06 PM »
New dev diary on TW2.

Things worth noting:
--> You will be able to import your save from Witcher 1 into Witcher 2.
--> MAIN story is shorter than the original game
--> Though the game itself maybe bigger b/c of side quests and the bigger open game-world to explore.
--> Less quests of running around and delivering items to people.
--> More vast number of characters in Witcher 2
--> You do not control nor level-up companions in TW2 like say your typical Bioware game
--> Many dialogue sequences, you have all the time in the world to make a decision
--> A few dialogue sequences, a decision must be made in seconds...

EDIT:
CD Projekt responds to Namco's comments on UbiSoft DRM and reassures Witcher 2 fans that Witcher 2 DRM will be "Nothing to worry about."
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 08, 2010, 03:42:29 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: The Witcher 2 - Update: The Witcher 1 saves can be imported into TW2 (Reply 28)
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, June 08, 2010, 03:33:14 PM »
From The Faceoffgames.com interview.
About Importing Saved Games from TW1 into TW2...
F.O.G: We've been told that the Witcher 2 will feature a save game importer - just how much of an impact will our decisions from the first game have?

TG: It's mainly about decisions actually. You will be able to import parts of your inventory (e.g. swords - though its yet to be decided), but the main reason for implementing the save import feature is the storyline. For most of the crucial choices the player took throughout The Witcher there will be something that will represents the outcome of their decisions. Oh and of course you don't need to have played The Witcher to be able to start the second game. There's a beginning for all those not importing a saved game.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: The Witcher 2 - Update: NEW LONG Interview added (June 8th)
« Reply #28 on: Friday, August 20, 2010, 02:24:34 PM »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #29 on: Friday, August 20, 2010, 03:47:44 PM »
Haha, thats awesome.

I wouldn't mind that but if someone could grab an art book from the Arenanet booth, that would be swell.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 08:25:57 AM »
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 09:16:26 AM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, October 03, 2010, 10:46:16 AM »
Eurogamer -> Tomasz Gop interview on Witcher 2.

One thing I found interesting:
CDP is thinking of even licensing off their TSOOD Engine (Witcher 2's Engine).

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, October 07, 2010, 06:46:44 AM »
Haha, thats awesome.

I wouldn't mind that but if someone could grab an art book from the Arenanet booth, that would be swell.

Idol can have his Geralt papercraft cubee.
Link - download here.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: The Witcher 2 - Update: Geralt - Papercraft of Kings Cubee released to DL (10-7)
« Reply #33 on: Friday, October 08, 2010, 12:44:52 AM »
This looks really good.  I'm hoping for a 2011 q1 release and hardware requirements that don't exceed a e6750 and ATI 5770.  Please.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2010, 12:38:14 PM »
Collectors edition

I don't usually buy collectors editions, but this one has dice, a deck of cards, and replica coins! WANT

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2010, 02:47:27 PM »
Yea same here. Except it costs and arm and a leg. And a pancreas.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2010, 02:50:56 PM »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, November 18, 2010, 08:08:49 AM »