Author Topic: Demon's Souls - Update: Remaster is coming to PS5 and PC  (Read 47303 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Demon's Souls for the PlayStation 3 (Action-RPG)
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2009, 06:42:43 PM »
I got my new package today too.  I wasn't expecting a hardcover art book for a mere preorder bonus.  I'm surprised it's as nice as it is, actually, but Atlus usually does their best with this kind of stuff.  I haven't listened to the music yet.  Will have to rip the disc soon.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2009, 07:22:55 PM »
Okay, so, I've ended up with two copies of Demon's Soul. Heh. Basically my newegg order got a little messed up; mostly my fault. But I have two copies in my possession. So, this game is hard as hell to find, at least around here. It only got one print. There is talk of another, but that's it. I think this game is going to get pretty scarce here soon.

I think I may put an ad of craigslist and see if I can get a few buck off it. Or maybe I should keep it until the game is crazy hard to find.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2009, 07:46:27 PM »
I think there were a few people here that were still wanting it.  Might be able to find a buyer on your very own forum!

Offline Dragonlor

• Nii-San!
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, October 15, 2009, 07:51:01 AM »
RAGE!!!!  I was about to enter the room for the second boss of area 4 and my ps3 lost connection.  I want to kill the internets.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, October 15, 2009, 08:01:55 AM »
Ah so the game requires continuous Internet connection?

Offline Dragonlor

• Nii-San!
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, October 15, 2009, 08:29:38 AM »
No it doesn't it's just funner to see all the other players.  Also the chance to get help from other players on a boss thats giving you issues.  Other wise you can play offline.  sadly for idol it requires broad band for the internet.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, October 15, 2009, 11:09:06 AM »
I assumed as much. I know I won't be playing online but I'm hoping things like peoples notes or blood stains will come through.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, October 15, 2009, 12:15:17 PM »
Ah so the game requires continuous Internet connection?

No, it just boots you off the game to the title screen and you can start at the exact spot you were at in offline mode.  It happened to me once too when PSN was down for a little bit.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, October 15, 2009, 12:38:19 PM »
God damn this is literally impossible to find in Canada.  Nearly every major retailer didn't order any copies, and the few that did (Best Buy, EB Games) only had a few.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, October 15, 2009, 01:03:35 PM »
God damn this is literally impossible to find in Canada.  Nearly every major retailer didn't order any copies, and the few that did (Best Buy, EB Games) only had a few.

You're probably better off just ordering it online.  It's getting like that in some places here in the US too, where the stores only ordered a small amount of copies.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, October 15, 2009, 06:06:43 PM »
Buy it from Scary!

Offline Dragonlor

• Nii-San!
« Reply #51 on: Friday, October 16, 2009, 06:04:28 AM »
About to beat my first play threw.  I have put 50 hours into the game so far and my guy looks freaken awesome.  Funny at the end of the game the knight and the temple knight aren't much different.  They only have different starting stats and equipment.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 17, 2009, 01:30:36 AM by Dragonlor »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #52 on: Friday, October 16, 2009, 06:30:54 PM »
Well, really that's the main difference between all the classes.  The only real difference is starting stats and gear.  You can otherwise build a character any way you want.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, October 17, 2009, 09:34:42 PM »
Started playing the game tonight actually. Man, this game is awesome so far. I'm still trying to figure stuff out, stats and what they do, and how they affect combat. I love the strategy part of it. You have to take into account your enemies armor, their weapon, the surroundings. It's just cool. It's taking me a while to pick up, but I'm getting there.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, October 17, 2009, 11:10:37 PM »
This game is great, I'm about 20 hours in now and having a blast.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #55 on: Monday, October 19, 2009, 04:01:35 PM »
Atlus is getting more copies made! Guess they didn't expect such a demand. However the Deluxe Edition is sold out and out of print.

ATLUS SUMMONS MORE COPIES OF DEMON'S SOULS INTO STORES ACROSS NORTH AMERICA; DELUXE EDITION SOLD OUT, OFFICIALLY DISCONTINUED

Own one of the best reviewed RPGs of all-time!

IRVINE, CALIFORNIA - OCTOBER 19, 2009 -- Atlus U.S.A., Inc. today announced that additional stock of Demon's Souls™, the newly released award-winning action RPG for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, will be making its way to stores across North America this week in response to overwhelming demand.

"We're thrilled at the level of interest and acclaim gamers are showing for Demon's Souls, one of the best reviewed games of the year and one of the highest-rated role-playing games of all time," stated Aram Jabbari, Manager of PR and Sales for Atlus. "We're working quickly to get more copies of the game out onto store shelves. We thank fans for supporting a daring, innovative product, and we ask interested gamers to be patient as stock is replenished."

The publisher also announced that the game's Deluxe Edition, which featured a 160-page strategy guide and collectible embossed slipcase, is now considered out of print in North America and will not be remanufactured.

"While the now discontinued Deluxe Edition of Demon's Souls was the only way to obtain the game's official strategy guide, the title already benefits from an in-game messaging system, a tremendous online community, and dozens of online resources for players who are finding the game to be a bit challenging."

Among those online resources is the official Demon's Souls wiki, which offers a central location for community members to share what they've learned about the surprises that await in the Kingdom of Boletaria. As more and more people discover the game, the community-driven assistance tools expand in quality and breadth, ensuring that while gamers are tested during their adventures, they never have to be frustrated.

"Mr. Jabbari," interrupted a frantic worker. "The game-making engines... They just can't take much more of this! They're going to blow," cried the man in a thick Scottish accent before turning about and returning to the game-making furnaces, soon followed by Jabbari.

Demon's Souls is out now for PlayStation 3 system and retails with an MSRP of $59.99. For more information, visit the game's official website.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #56 on: Monday, October 19, 2009, 04:35:34 PM »
Good to know -- I've ordered mine from Amazon.ca (they say that they will have Stock on Oct 25... and it looks like they've sold out again), so I'm hoping to receive mine late Oct to early Nov.  Can't wait... luckily I have Uncharted 2 to hold me off for now.

I saw a copy at HMV and I actually have one copy reserved at a Blockbuster, but since I have a gift card from Amazon, I shall be patient. 

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #57 on: Monday, October 19, 2009, 07:00:14 PM »
It makes me really happy to hear this is doing so well.  I don't think it's quite my GOTY, but it's pretty damned close.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #58 on: Monday, October 19, 2009, 08:15:42 PM »
So far, it's one of my favs. But I actually haven't done a ton of gaming this year. Been so busy. But I'm trying to get myself back into it again. And So far this is a great title to do it with. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I'm only on 3-1, and I think I've sank about 12 hours into so far. The game is addicting. 

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #59 on: Monday, October 19, 2009, 09:27:34 PM »
Started the game tonight.  pretty damn fun so far, although I've only beaten the first boss.  The multiplayer aspect is rather unique, and I found most of the messages to be very helpful

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #60 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 07:07:35 AM »
Still tooling around in 1-1.  I died twice last night, which makes the first time I've experienced that.  The first time I died I came back and the first enemy I killed broke my sword (i was unaware there was a durability system).  I had to go the rest of the way using the short spear I was pretty uneducated with.

The game world fascinates me.  It's very minimalist, there's not a lot you can do to interact with the world (or characters for that matter), but in some ways I feel a very strong attachment to the story and participants.  It's not a terribly polished game either.  Characters lips do not move when they speak, dead enemies will sometimes just flay about wildly due to the physics engine, and control isn't nearly as fluid as it could be.

Ultimately though it doesn't detract from the game significantly at all.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #61 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 02:34:43 PM »
I can't stop playing...

I'm onto 1-2 now. So I would guess about half-way through the game. I'm at soul level 34, and I'm feeling decently powerful now. I was playing some last night, and was invaded 3 times, and I owned all of them, it was pretty awesome. I felt like a bad ass. Granted, one of them, got half his life taken away by a dragon, and then I just finished him off. I haven't really tried co-op or invading anyone's game yet. I actually don't even know what the benefits to doing that are, but damn it's fun, and it adds a certain amount of intensity to the game.

This is seriously one of the best RPGs I've played in years. It's so addicting. And I love the way the maps and worlds are set up.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #62 on: Friday, October 23, 2009, 02:42:24 PM »
I actually don't even know what the benefits to doing that are, but damn it's fun, and it adds a certain amount of intensity to the game.

It affects your Soul Tendency, it turns it to black if you invade other people and kill them.  One of the areas you can invade in World 3 lets you play as the boss and when you get to that boss yourself someone else is playing against you.  So don't do invade too much if you don't want your Soul Tendency to be black.  There are benefits and consquences to having your Soul Tendency be pure black or pure white.  I can't remember if invading affects the World Tendency or not though.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, October 25, 2009, 11:35:14 AM »
The problem I have with games like this is that I want to do everything perfectly on my playthrough.  I want to be able to finish all the side quests and get all the powerful shit.  This game absolutely does not lend itself to that sort of attitude though.

Still enamored with it though.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, October 25, 2009, 12:11:01 PM »
I used to do that, but then I realized that when I do that, I get bored of the game long before I finish it. So, I stopped. Not sure if that would be the case with this game though. I'm still addicted to it.

I just beat Flamelurker which was my toughest fight so far. Got him on my fifth try, after I had to use a SoEE so I would have all my health. Used the warding spell, a ring of fire resistance, the health regen ring, and about 8 grass.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, October 25, 2009, 12:14:52 PM »
Still anxiously awaiting my copy.  It should arrive this week. 

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, October 25, 2009, 02:39:11 PM »
I have never been so ok with spending so much time on the first level of a game.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 06:36:04 PM »
My copy arrived today and I have already killed the first demon.  I wanted to explore the first area a little more though but was too afraid of losing all my souls so I headed back to the Nexus for now.  I think I'll head back there when I play it again tonight and search for some stuff I may have missed.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 03:03:36 AM »
I just beat this tonight.  What an amazing game.  I'll definitely be playing through this a second time soon so I can get everything I missed on the first playthrough.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 11:44:25 PM »
This game is amazing.  I've finished up 1-1 and 2-1 and been exploring a bit to see if I missed any good loot.  Very challenging and unforgiving, but it also feels incredibly rewarding when you do succeed.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 05:33:27 PM »
I hate Maneater!

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 11:54:47 PM »
I hate Maneater!

Yeah, he's a tough bastard.  I pretty much just kept close to that fire in the center of the area and hit him with a fire spell at a distance.  Fighting him head on was pretty tough, even for my knight.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #72 on: Friday, October 30, 2009, 10:23:32 AM »
Demon's Souls to get more tough on Halloween: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/104/1040691p1.html

As if the game wasn't difficult enough.  Still, good stuff :)

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #73 on: Friday, October 30, 2009, 11:13:44 PM »
Halloween event has started -- All World Tendency is Pure Black...

I think that means most enemies are tougher, and you can expect to face phantoms a lot more frequently. 

Unrelated to the event, I lost 13000 souls in 2-2 tonight, without reaching the boss yet.  Dammit.  I think I might try 3-1 or 4-1 instead for now as 2-2 is quite annoying with those falls, maze like tunnels and armored bearbugs.  Grrr.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, October 31, 2009, 07:14:17 PM »
I was playing for a little bit today. I don't think WT is Pure Black. There are no Primal Demons about, and no events happening. It's just like %70 black or whatever. So the enemies are tougher. And they give up more souls. I racked up about 90,000 in about an hour running though 4-2. I forgot that I have the Ring of Avarice, might have gotten about 15,000 more souls. I did managed to gain about 7 levels though. Think I got from 43 to level 50.

I want to work on my pure white tendencies. I have yet to upgrade my armor since I've started. Except for my Gloom Gauntlets. There is supposedly a pretty cool set in 1-1 that you can get by killing, Executioner Miralda. 

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, October 31, 2009, 08:47:19 PM »
There is supposedly a pretty cool set in 1-1 that you can get by killing, Executioner Miralda.

Just so you know, you don't have to be pure white to get that armor set.  You can enter that gate on on 1-1 by having pure white or pure black world tendency for that world.  She is a bitch to kill though.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, October 31, 2009, 10:33:56 PM »
I played this for a bit today and I suck at it.  I have to get my rhythm back.  Didn't notice anything interesting happening with the world tendency.  How do you get that to change?  As I've been playing it's almost always been neutral.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, November 01, 2009, 12:01:40 AM »
I played this for a bit today and I suck at it.  I have to get my rhythm back.  Didn't notice anything interesting happening with the world tendency.  How do you get that to change?  As I've been playing it's almost always been neutral.

If you die in physical form it goes to black. If you kill bosses in physical form it goes towards white. Dying or killing bosses in soul form does not affect tendency.  Killing other players makes it black and helping other players makes it white.  There's other factors in there too I'm probably not touching on but that's a good chunk of it.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, November 01, 2009, 12:31:53 AM »
That would explain it.  I've spent most of my time in soul form.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, November 01, 2009, 10:19:40 PM »
I've just been farming 4-2 since I haven't had the time to invest in the last couple days. I'm wondering if WT goes back to Neutral after the weekend is over? Or do we actually have to work to get it back to that?
« Last Edit: Monday, November 02, 2009, 10:43:30 AM by ScaryTooth »