Author Topic: Hellgate: London -> Revival Mod (Single Player) / London 2038 (Multiplayer Mod)  (Read 2809 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Here we go. Gotta' love modders - who love to take games and modify the hell out of them.

The HGL Mod Community has taken it upon themselves to take all the HGL content and even all the extra paid HGL content (up to Stonehedge Chronicles) - and they made a Source Port for the game to run on with new graphics, LAN, and MP features so that HGL gamers can play all of this on SP or MP.

If you're looking to install all of this HGL Revival Mod stuff, go here - lots of instructions on how to do this.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 09, 2017, 05:06:01 PM by MysterD »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Hellgate: London - Revival Mod
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 06, 2009, 11:39:07 AM »
Huh... that's pretty interesting.  Was the game even good enough to warrant going through all that?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Hellgate: London - Revival Mod
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 06, 2009, 11:47:19 AM »
Huh... that's pretty interesting.  Was the game even good enough to warrant going through all that?

If Hanbit doesn't do anything about this - I'd probably say "yes." I thought the gameplay itself and mechanics were great on the MP side of things. Unfortunately, I didn't try the SP too much and that was b/c it certainly wasn't as patched-up as the MP. Now, looks like thanks to modders, they've patched things up as well - which is great.

It's just really that my problem w/ HGL was the story depth, character depth, and presentation was just...well, nothing relatively special. It was severely lacking.

Despite its major shortcomings, after FS had it patched-up and quite functional, I bought the CE of the game - and I certainly enjoyed the hell out of HGL.

If you asked me to pick b/t HGL (before the Revival Mod) and Borderlands, I'd easily have to pick Borderlands.

I'll have to try this Revival mod, sometime down the line...

Always good to see a game get all fixed-up and stuff - as modders have really done wonders w/ fixing games like Gothic 3, Arcanum and Vamp: BL.