Author Topic: What's up?  (Read 1991 times)

Offline Ace_O_Spades

• Poster Child
What's up?
« on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 03:04:41 AM »
How is everyone? I'm happy to see so many people still here. I'm still alive!

Oh yeah, if nobody remembers, I used to be "Kams" ie: "Kamloops_69ers" from back in the day.

I've been spending uncomfortable amounts of time in the real world away from the internet, so it has been nice to go back to all the places I used to hang out and see what's what. Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm graduated from university now (w/ honours!) and I'm working full-time as a mental health support worker with recovering drug addicts.

I've really been able to turn things around for myself in the past two years, due in large part to dramatically scaling back my drug intake.

Hope everyone is doing okay. Anything major I need to be appraised of since I was last here in 2008?
The CONtrast
...Is the conTRAST
to THE contrast...

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: What's up?
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 03:11:06 AM »
What's up buddy.  Was wondering what happened to you.  Still in Vancouver?  Nothing much have changed except Keebs and Hoob finally just came out and married each other.   

And I'm off to bed.  Sticking around the boards for a while or is this a one night thing?

Offline Ace_O_Spades

• Poster Child
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 03:24:14 AM »
Yep, still in Vancouver. Not sure if I'll stay around, I'm just not online all that much anymore. Probably ~1 hour a week, if that.
The CONtrast
...Is the conTRAST
to THE contrast...

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 05:21:05 AM »
why, hello!

genuinely good to see you're doing well.

since 2008? hmm... well my life went from shit, to worse, to not too bad again. other than that, i'm not sure, i try not to pay attention to anyone else.

i'm with you on the scaling back the drugs thing. i've done class a's i think three times in the last year, and my smoking has gone from habitual to occasional. the mind is far less addled.

Offline Ace_O_Spades

• Poster Child
« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 06:28:14 AM »
the mind is far less addled.

Tell me about it. I've actually started writing and being productive again! Hoping to be published in an academic journal by the end of the year.
The CONtrast
...Is the conTRAST
to THE contrast...

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 06:52:08 AM »
Yep, still in Vancouver. Not sure if I'll stay around, I'm just not online all that much anymore. Probably ~1 hour a week, if that.

That is amazing discipline. I've managed that for months at a time, but this place sucks me back in.

Offline Ace_O_Spades

• Poster Child
« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 06:59:20 AM »
That is amazing discipline. I've managed that for months at a time, but this place sucks me back in.

Well, I looked at my life and (in conjunction with my counselor) decided that the constant oversaturation and overstimulation was a significant contributing factor to my anxiety and stress. I mostly just use the internet now to pass the time at work (I work nights so it can be pretty boring at times). When I'm at home, my computer is mostly turned off.
The CONtrast
...Is the conTRAST
to THE contrast...

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 07:03:52 AM »
Not much has changed on the whole that I can think of.  Personally speaking, I'm learning Japanese in an attempt to finally do something with my life that I can stand.  Playing far fewer video games.  Trying not to strangle my coworkers and set my building on fire.

Good to see you, mate.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 02:10:07 PM »
Good to see you and good to hear things are going well for you man.  Not much has changed on my end that is worth noting.