Author Topic: Sierra Adventure Bundles -- KQ Series, Space & Police Quests, LS Larry Series  (Read 6042 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Sierra Adventure Bundles -- KQ Series, Space & Police Quests, LS Larry Series
« on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 01:51:30 PM »
Link:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3153555

Sierra Adventure Game Compilations Releasing Soon
King, Space and Police Quest, plus Leisure Suit Larry, becoming bundles.
by Patrick Klepek, 09/12/2006
9 of 9 users recommend this story.

Not to discount the greatness that is Sam & Max returning to gaming, but the adventure genre is still mostly dead in the water. What happened to the greats of old? King's Quest, Space Quest, Police Quest, Leisure Suit Larry (let's forget the recent remake, for argument's sake) -- basically, the entire Sierra adventure catalog before the genre went kaput?

While none of them are returning in remake form to ruin our childhood memories yet, videogamesblogger has turned up a series of Amazon.com listings detailing compilation packs for all the series listed above. We've known these were coming, but Sierra had previously been coy about a release date, with many sites citing a release at the end of the year.

Instead, it's sooner than you think. Amazon lists a release date of this Friday, but EB Games is probably more on the money, listing a shipping date of September 18th, next Monday. Either way, if you've ever wanted to experience the seven King's Quest games, six Space Quest adventures, five Leisure Suit Larry titles or four Police Quest mysteries, here's your chance.

Let the point 'n clicking begin!

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: Sierra Adventure Bundles -- KQ Series, Space & Police Quests, LS Larry Serie
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 04:28:54 PM »
Holy fucking shit!!! This is awesome news!!!  I played and beat every single Space Quest game, and even a few of the fan made ones.  I also played a few of the LSL games.  I always wanted to play Police Quest, but never got to.  Too bad the Gabriel Knight games aren't included, but still...

I'm all over this.   O0

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Sierra Adventure Bundles -- KQ Series, Space & Police Quests, LS Larry Serie
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 05:46:26 PM »
Hell yes.  The question is exactly how many of the games each will include.  Are these complete collections?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Sierra Adventure Bundles -- KQ Series, Space & Police Quests, LS Larry Series
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 07:20:38 PM »
*cries*

All I want is for them to run on XP. I would so play them all month. And I'd buy Xessive a copy too. He has started to become more 'cultured' and is enjoying adventure games hahaha.

If you appreciate the history of PC GAMING you need this pack!

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Sierra Adventure Bundles -- KQ Series, Space & Police Quests, LS Larry Series
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 07:58:19 PM »
I was never really into Sierra adventures. My brother played most of the Police Quest games, but I couldnt get into them. Monkey Island FTW.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 08:36:14 PM »
Yes the Lucasarts adventure games had a lot more humor and personality, but something about the Sierra games spelled epic.

The Sierra adventure games that were meant to be funny, like Space Quest were great, but still didn't have anything like the personality of the Lucasarts titles.

The Quest for Glory series was amazing. Quest for Glory 4 was just brilliant. It was the first RPG I loved.