Author Topic: What was that MUD Zombie game  (Read 2545 times)

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
What was that MUD Zombie game
« on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 03:42:44 PM »
that you guys used to play? I remember some of you were obsessed with it for a time.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: What was that MUD Zombie game
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 03:57:46 PM »
Urban Dead.  After awhile we just quit.  The more you played, the more you realized how stupid and unbalanced the game was.

Might have more meaning and be more balanced now though.  They were contstantly tweaking and adding things.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 11:05:16 PM »
They added some new cool stuff on both sides. Now zombies arent completely fucked (they reduced the headshots ability to remove all your XP).

It seems the Shacknews peeps are big into it now.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 10:10:14 AM »
It still gets to the point where you max out your skills for whatever side you're on and have nothing else really to look forward to in the game.  Well, I imagine it still does.  There were definitely some cool moments in the game though...like the massive siege of Caiger Mall.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 10:19:54 AM »
I just hated how if you were a class like medic, it took you forever to gain XP, but you gained it rather quickly as a firefighter.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 10:33:37 AM »
I think one of the worst problems is the huge gap between low level players and high level ones. At low levels you cant hit anything, so you dont get XP. Then some high level player comes along and kills you. So now you're a low level zombie which is even worse at hitting anything.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 11:29:03 AM »
Yeah, very true.  Then you get a zombie skill and suddenly people think you might be a zombie spy and won't revive you.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 06:35:46 PM »
Yeah, I never got any zombie skills, partially because of that reason but also because I didn't die with my main character until I was almost maxed out as a human and it was during said Caiger siege so there were a ton of people reviving...I think.  I may have died before that but I never really spent any time as a zombie. 

I started as a Private in the military, and that was probably the easiest route to take.  It took a while to get up the first 5 or so levels, but once you do the xp comes in fast (sharpshooting, shotgun skill, and things like that just rake it in).  There were a few days where I'd make just retarded amounts of XP because my accuracy was as high as it could be and I'd luck out and kill a bunch of zombies in a shot or two because someone else had already done most of the work.

Anyways, the fun part once you got to a high level was some of the community interactions like people warning you of giant zombie hordes  coming your way and the next time you logged in you were right in the middle of it.  The Many was a force to be reckoned with.