Author Topic: Blood series -- Update: Blood: Fresh Supply remaster released on GOG/Steam  (Read 4011 times)

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: Blood is coming soon to GOG
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 02:43:03 PM »
Wow, that's a classic.  I had totally forgotten about that game.  I really need to check out GOG's catalog.  I haven't looked basically since it first opened.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 02:50:46 PM »
Wow, that's a classic.  I had totally forgotten about that game.  I really need to check out GOG's catalog.  I haven't looked basically since it first opened.

Some stuff on there -l Fallout series (1,2, and Tactics); Divine Divinity: Remastered Edition; Beyond Divinity; Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition; Syberia 1 and 2; Another World; Outcast; Descent series; Freespace series; Interstate 76; Arcanum; Krondor series; Myst series; Psychonauts; Beyond Good and Evil; Oddworld series; Earthworm Jim series; Painkiller: Black; UT 2004; UT: GOTY; Far Cry; Commandos series; etc

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 04:34:52 PM »
I was just looking for Blood the other day. I couldn't find anywhere to buy it and I tried finding it on a torrent with no luck. I'm definitely buying this.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 07:12:19 PM »
I have a CD set with everything, but I might pick this up just for ease of use.  I fucking love these games.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 12:34:16 PM »
And my bank strikes again. My order got declined. Last time this happened (it was gog.com then as well), it was because Wells Fargo apparently automatically blocks billing from sources outside the US. Well, they told me that my allowing the charge would fix the issue for anyone ordering from gog.com and using Wells Fargo. So, why the problem again? Has there really been no one in the US using Wells Fargo ordering from gog.com? I didn't think they were that small.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
Re: Blood on GOG - Update: Blood 2 joins GOG (Reply 6)
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, April 29, 2010, 05:57:35 PM »
From the GOG screens:

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, April 29, 2010, 06:24:05 PM »
LOL @ above said pic.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 06:11:53 AM »
Since Blood series is on sale [$2.99 each], I'll throw in this link about a cool mod for the original Blood.

One Unit Whole: Blood - Launcher Program
Basically, this program is a nice launcher for Blood and also contains mods, source ports (ZBlood), Yang [for MP purposes], config setups for DosBox, and 700+ user-made maps.

If you install the mod, YOU WILL need every patch [there's three of them] -- the patches are NOT cumulative.

Here's what the Launcher program looks like:

« Last Edit: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 06:33:35 AM by MysterD »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Blood series on GOG -> Update: Links for OUW: Blood Launcher program w/ mods
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 08:02:10 AM »
Nice. Damn it. I don't need to be tempted about any of this.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Blood series on GOG -> Update: Links for OUW: Blood Launcher program w/ mods
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, August 05, 2012, 10:13:57 AM »
Bluesnews -> Jace Hall is thinking of bringing Blood back.

Hello,

My name is Jason (Jace) Hall and some of you may know of me.

I have been contemplating the idea bringing Blood back and was wondering how people might feel about it or if they were interested in helping me to do it.

To be clear, I am thinking of bringing the ORIGINAL Blood game back as it was, with functionality alterations/enhancements that are similar but superior to ZDAEMON's. I would also make it work on all platforms, and not just PC. There are other things as well...

I have a very specific vision in mind for what I'd like to do, but before I go off and do it - I wanted to speak directly with the Blood community and see what the thoughts are.

My goal of course is for this all to be free, and all about gameplay and fun. You can rest assured that I have the resources to bring BLOOD back properly but like I said, I'm hoping to have the community participate in all this if it wants to so we can all do it together. This site is great and it would be great to see the Blood community grow!

What do you all think?

Jace

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Blood series on GOG -> Update: Jace Hall is thinking of bringing Blood back
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, August 05, 2012, 10:22:12 AM »
Thats pretty cool.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Blood series on GOG -> Update: Jace Hall is thinking of bringing Blood back
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, February 16, 2013, 10:08:18 AM »
GOG -> Blood Revival (from Jace Hall) = CANCELLED (for now).

Dear Blood Community:

I just got an unusually short, one sentence e-mail from Atari, letting me know that given the current set of circumstances, they are choosing to decline to proceed.

Obviously, I am disappointed. Particularly given Atari's continued encouragement along with the amount of time, effort and correspondence that I have put into this venture.

The only thing that can be done at this point is to wait and see what happens with ATARI, and hope that they find themselves in a position and mindset to allow my efforts to continue on this matter at a future date.

Tears and Sadness,
Jace Hall

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Blood series (by Monolith)
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 09, 2019, 05:55:13 PM »
New remastered version of Blood released.

Blood: Fresh Supply is now up on Steam and GOG for $9.99.

Steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1010750/Blood_Fresh_Supply/

GOG:
https://www.gog.com/game/blood_fresh_supply

If you have Blood: One Whole Unit already on Steam, you probably (like myself) have a 50% off coupon for Blood: Fresh Supply (to drop it to $4.99) via Steam.
If you have Blood: One Whole Unit already on GOG, you'll get a 50% off discount automatically applied to your purchase over on GOG.

Includes the original Blood and addons: Plasma Pak and Cryptic Passage

Blood: Fresh Supply Enhancements:
    • Updated using Nightdive Studio’s KEX Engine
    • Vulkan, DirectX 11 and OpenGL 3.2 support, play with unlocked framerates!
    • Antialiasing, Ambient Occlusion, V-sync and Interpolation support
    • Support for high resolutions including 4K monitors
    • Fully customizable keyboard and controller pad support
    • Extended modding support, including support for already existing mods
    • Completely rewritten netcode supports up to 8 players:
    ◦ Play online in co-operative mode, kill each other in “Bloodbath” or split the difference in classic 4v4 team-based “Capture The Flag” mayhem
    ◦ Battle it out in local split-screen action
    • Roll your own soundtrack with full CD and MIDI music support
    • Look fully up and down with a new 3D view, or stick with the classic BUILD-engine style!

Youtube - GManLives on Blood: Fresh Supply: