Author Topic: Digital Deals  (Read 281070 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Digital Deals
« Reply #1440 on: Thursday, September 08, 2016, 12:28:59 PM »
Thanks for the tips, Cobra.

XBLive is working perfectly fine in everything with the Xbox One itself. But only the X360 emulation fails to "download profile" each time I try. I chatted with a Microsoft support agent and we narrowed it down to an issue with the X360 emulator. There seems to also be a problem on Microsoft's end with some Xbox Live Core Services, at elast according to their Xbox Live Status Alerts page. So there could just be something there that's interfering with my particular case.

I'm looking forward toi hopping some of the exclusives and playing online!

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #1441 on: Thursday, September 08, 2016, 02:16:36 PM »
I was going to say that after posting, I thought about the 360 profile being different from the X1 profile.  A couple of days ago, I noticed a couple of new games added to the 360 BC list, games which I already owned.  After downloading them, I couldn't launch them.  I'd get an error every time, something bogus about them not being available yet.  I rebooted the console, and that solved the problem.  It was the first time I had to do that.  Maybe it's related.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #1442 on: Thursday, September 08, 2016, 04:11:56 PM »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #1443 on: Friday, September 09, 2016, 07:40:11 PM »
Humble GameMaker Bundle is back! Get a key for GameMaker Studio Pro for $1. You also get some games and source code. Higher tiers get you the Android, iOS, HTML5, and some Windows store thingy exporters...plus more games and source code! Pretty awesome deal if you want to mess with game development.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #1444 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 03:37:04 PM »
The Crew (PC) is now FREE on UPLAY.
Go get it and add it to your UPLAY account.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #1445 on: Thursday, November 10, 2016, 05:52:16 PM »
For about another day you can get Dirt 3 Complete Edition for free on Humble Store. Its a steam key and you have to add it to your Steam account before the 19th or the key disappears. But go grab it. Free game.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #1446 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 07:10:21 PM »
Gone Home is free on itch.io for the weekend, because most everyone has had a bad week.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1447 on: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 06:45:12 PM »
EDIT: Nevermind, looks like it's not working and was never supposed to work. Comment from Major Nelson on it: "This was a test that slipped out. There are no plans right now for it to go live."
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/5djhqk/free_lost_odyssey/da53gxg/

----------

You can get Lost Odyssey free for Xbox One through backwards compatibility right now. It's the 360 game, but will only unlock for use on XB1. All you have to do is "buy" this free shirt for your avatar before November 30th.

male shirt: https://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Xbox-One-Backward-Compatibility-Gift/00000008-3146-d2d1-c3c2-90a95858081c
female shirt: https://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Xbox-One-Backward-Compatibility-Gift/00000008-ea45-92c2-c11b-c8ea5858081c

I think it might take a day or so for the game to show up in the ready to install list. It's been like 10 minutes for me and I'm not seeing it yet.

NOTE: I'm pretty sure you need to have a payment method on file to get the shirt, even though it's free.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 08:35:22 PM by W7RE »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #1448 on: Thursday, December 01, 2016, 04:57:48 AM »
Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition is FREE to add to your GOG account.
Go to GOG main page and it's on the middle of the page somewhere.
Go add it.
This deal's going on for 48 hours.

Plus, Monster Sale in progress on GoG right now.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #1449 on: Wednesday, December 07, 2016, 11:49:23 PM »
Assassin's Creed III [PC version] is currently FREE on UPLAY for Ubi30 (Ubi's 30th Anniversary).
Go get it.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #1450 on: Thursday, December 15, 2016, 08:03:27 AM »
Ubisoft this weekend is giving away all 7 of their freebies again! Go here to claim them if you happened to miss any. Prince of Persia: Sand of Time, Splinter Cell, Rayman Origins, The Crew, Beyond Good & Evil, Far Cry Blood Dragon, and Assassins Creed 3.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #1451 on: Thursday, December 15, 2016, 11:16:24 AM »
Strictly for the XBL crowd:  the spruced-up version of Bastion is free to owners of the 360 game for a short while. 

Several games have gone backward-compatible, most notably the Bioshock trilogy.  The two that I own digitally showed up on my install list:  II and Infinite.

To celebrate 300 games going BC, Lost Odyssey (360, BC) is being given away for free for a short while.  It doesn't show up as free until you find it and click on "See price".  This is actually 2 bits of good news.  Besides being free, it has made the leap to a digital download.  This is originally a 4-DVD game, and multi-disc games have been notoriously absent from digital release.  I believe the Mass Effects have also made this transition (though they are not free).

Burnout: Paradise (360, BC) goes free from tomorrow till the end of the year.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #1452 on: Friday, December 16, 2016, 06:19:32 PM »
Ubisoft this weekend is giving away all 7 of their freebies again! Go here to claim them if you happened to miss any. Prince of Persia: Sand of Time, Splinter Cell, Rayman Origins, The Crew, Beyond Good & Evil, Far Cry Blood Dragon, and Assassins Creed 3.

@Cobra
Now that you got a rockin' PC, you're gonna add all of these to your UPLAY account, right? ;)

@Idol
I'm guessing you already added these, right? ;)
Especially even more so true, since you got a new sweet PC coming, right? :)

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #1453 on: Friday, December 16, 2016, 10:15:07 PM »
Oh, shit!  I knew about that, but hadn't thought enough about it.  Uplay acct?  I think I have one, but never logged into it from PC.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #1454 on: Saturday, December 17, 2016, 10:58:09 PM »
Kerbal Space Program can be bought from the official site for $13.59. This is the cheapest the game has ever been, so if you're interested now might be the time to jump in and go to SPAAAAAAAAACE!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #1455 on: Saturday, December 17, 2016, 11:57:41 PM »
Oh, shit!  I knew about that, but hadn't thought enough about it.  Uplay acct?  I think I have one, but never logged into it from PC.

While I don't do consoles, it's possible you might need a Uplay account on console games just to connect to their servers - i.e. like what Origin does.
So, that account might work on PC.

If it does, sweet.
If not, you can always create a new one for PC so you can get some free stuff. Since you got a kick-ass PC, might as well take some of their free PC games (before the promo ends).

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #1456 on: Sunday, December 18, 2016, 12:17:48 PM »
Well, that was painless.  I had forgotten my password, but I was in their system.  Searching through my old emails, I found and remembered that I am Jackdaw951 on Uplay (Cobra was taken).  Reset PW, logged in, one box tick and one button press, and bam--now I own 7 PC games.  Ha!

I'm downloading Rayman Origins.  Starting out small and undemanding.

Now I guess I need to see if an Xbox One controller will work if I plug it into USB.  It should.

Edit:  Played Rayman Origins for a while.  I thought I had played it before, but that was Legends.  Runs perfectly.  It's just 2D, I know.  Such a long time since I even try to play something on PC.

Keyboard is not ideal, though.  I think I can dig up a USB cable with a mini end for one of my spare controllers.  Will do that later.

I had to prod the Uplay downloader several times, as it kept saying the download failed.  It would always resume from where it left off, but I'm wondering if there's some setting I should be tweaking.  The PC has no issue with downloads itself.  It's just Uplay.  This was less than 3 GB.  It would be a major pain to download a bigger game with dropped attempts every half GB.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 18, 2016, 02:46:40 PM by Cobra951 »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #1457 on: Sunday, December 18, 2016, 03:28:23 PM »
Well, that was painless.  I had forgotten my password, but I was in their system.  Searching through my old emails, I found and remembered that I am Jackdaw951 on Uplay (Cobra was taken).  Reset PW, logged in, one box tick and one button press, and bam--now I own 7 PC games.  Ha!

I'm downloading Rayman Origins.  Starting out small and undemanding.

Now I guess I need to see if an Xbox One controller will work if I plug it into USB.  It should.

Edit:  Played Rayman Origins for a while.  I thought I had played it before, but that was Legends.  Runs perfectly.  It's just 2D, I know.  Such a long time since I even try to play something on PC.

Keyboard is not ideal, though.  I think I can dig up a USB cable with a mini end for one of my spare controllers.  Will do that later.

I had to prod the Uplay downloader several times, as it kept saying the download failed.  It would always resume from where it left off, but I'm wondering if there's some setting I should be tweaking.  The PC has no issue with downloads itself.  It's just Uplay.  This was less than 3 GB.  It would be a major pain to download a bigger game with dropped attempts every half GB.
Old-USB XBox 360 controllers + new XBox One controllers should work on the PC.
If you are using a wireless version, on the PC you will need the wireless adapter for the controller to make it go wireless so the signals send back+forth, Bluetooth-style.

Dropped downloads on PC? What the hell is that? You likely won't get that on Origin + Uplay, as that ain't as popular as Steam. Dunno how you ran into that on Uplay. :(
Even on Steam, I don't have many of those downloading issues, which has tons of users. :P
Probably helps that I have Comcast Blast for Internet, as well.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #1458 on: Sunday, December 18, 2016, 03:46:13 PM »
DOOM 2016 [Steam key for PC download] on GameStop = $19.79:
http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/doom/123074

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #1459 on: Thursday, January 12, 2017, 11:10:13 AM »
DIRT Showdown is free for a limited time on Humble Store. Grab it!

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #1460 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 11:07:08 AM »
Constructor is free on GOG.
X-Com: UFO Defense is free on Humble (Steam key)
FEZ is PWYW on itch.io, proceeds going to the ACLU

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #1461 on: Thursday, February 02, 2017, 07:41:29 AM »
Constructor is free on GOG.

Not anymore.  I'm going to have to get used to checking this thread now that I can play PC games.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #1462 on: Thursday, February 02, 2017, 05:07:45 PM »
Man, what a world has opened up to you now. I imagine you've missed a lot of PC stuff in the last while. Anything you're particularly itching to try out?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #1463 on: Friday, February 03, 2017, 07:07:50 AM »
It's funny how my outlook has changed on this over the past month.  At first, I wasn't even thinking so much about gaming.  I figured I could use the system for some games, but my goal wasn't that at all.  I had gaming covered, and in fact, I had just gotten some console games during the great Black Friday, etc sales.  I just needed a new computer, and I didn't want a disappointing cheap POS to replace the reliable tank and once good gaming rig that saw me through the last 16+ years.  I was not prepared for the huge difference, and what all that opened up.  Everything just works.  Bootups and shutdowns in seconds?  60-fps 1080p unflinching youtube video?  Two internet browsers with over 40 tabs open working simultaneously while emulating a Gamecube at full speed?  Unthinkable.  Hooking up an X1 controller sort of pushed it over the top.  I feel perfectly at home with it, and it is perfectly at home with Windows 10.

Now, as I settle in to the new reality, and as I sample more of the gaming available, it becomes clear that this is the way to go for a lot of future games (and stuff I have missed out on).  It will be slow, though.  I'm determined not to spend any more money on games for a while.  I have plenty to keep me entertained for a good while.  Since I got pretty much what I wanted during the sales, I don't have anything specific I'm itching to try yet.  It will come, though.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #1464 on: Monday, February 20, 2017, 04:47:07 PM »
Hexcells Complete Pack is on sale for $2.69 on Steam. I 100% recommend this game if you like logic puzzles such as picross. You could just get Hexcells Infinite for $1.49 if you only wanted one, as it is the most fleshed out and has a puzzle generator.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #1465 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 09:17:48 PM »
Jumped on that. Thanks idol. I'm really, really enjoying Hexcells. A lovely little game to spend a half hour on in the evenings. Looking forward to seeing how the other games build on the formula.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #1466 on: Monday, March 27, 2017, 10:49:31 AM »
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is free on Steam for the day. Add it to your account and you get to keep it.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #1467 on: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 03:47:01 PM »
Witcher 1 is currently FREE from ArsTechnica + GOG, in a partnership deal.

Go here, follow instructions on middle of the page, and you'll get GOG version for FREE:
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/04/ars-and-gog-two-great-tastes-that-go-great-together/

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #1468 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 06:22:43 AM »
Very cool.  Thanks, D.  They have a lot of related downloads too--music, guides, art.  Why 7 separate 1.5GB downloads for the game?  I could understand SL DVD-sized chunks.  No big deal; just weird.

This will complete my Witcher collection.  Can't wait to try it out.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #1469 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 04:09:12 PM »
Very cool.  Thanks, D.  They have a lot of related downloads too--music, guides, art.  Why 7 separate 1.5GB downloads for the game?  I could understand SL DVD-sized chunks.  No big deal; just weird.

This will complete my Witcher collection.  Can't wait to try it out.

I remember back when they first did the DL split-up files to make it easier on users - so they didn't have partial, corrupt, or cancelled downloads.
That was back then, Internet wasn't that fast for this crazy EE upgrade.
EE was a massive upgrade, back in the day.
They probably ain't changed the files much, I'd guess.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #1470 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 09:24:20 PM »
True.  Downloads used to be all or nothing.  I remember the frustration.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #1471 on: Thursday, May 11, 2017, 10:26:02 AM »
Dungeons 2 is free on Humble. Seems to be a Dungeon Keeper-like game. Steam key, must be redeemed by the 27th.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #1472 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 05:28:12 PM »
Humble Indie Bundle 18

$1/PWYW Tier
Ziggurat
Windward
SteamWorld Heist

BTA Tier (Currently $7.40)
Kentucky Route Zero - Season Pass Edition
Beholder
Goat Simulator: GOATY (Includes all DLC)
More next week

$13 Tier
Owlboy

Good bundle all around, especially that first tier. Steamworld Heist has been on my wishlist for a while. Worth it all on its own.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #1473 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 06:58:30 PM »
Just throwing this out there.

HumbleBundle has GOG Versions (i.e. DRM-FREE versions) of The Witcher games on sale at right now:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/the-witcher-spring-sale/

Witcher 3 GOTY Edition [W3 base-game + Expansions Pass] = $25

Witcher 3 [base-game only] = $23
Witcher 3: Expansion Pass [Hearts of Stone + Blood & Wine expansions only]= $12.49
Witcher 3: Blood + Wine [expansion] = $9.99
Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone [expansion] = $4.99

Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition = $2.99
Witcher 1: Enhanced Edition = $1.49

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #1474 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 10:19:11 AM »
Phantom Dust is free. Guess they added some kind of microtransaction stuff? Anyway, HD version of an original Xbox game. Free on Xbox One and Windows 10.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #1475 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 11:19:28 PM »
Folk loved that game. I'd be tempted if I didn't fucking hate the Windows 10 store so much. I still have it on Xbox. Never played it.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #1476 on: Sunday, May 21, 2017, 11:29:22 AM »
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Steam key on Humble Store = $8:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #1477 on: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 10:34:04 AM »
Rising Storm Game of the Year Edition is free on Humble. Comes with Red Orchestra 2's full multiplayer.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #1478 on: Thursday, June 01, 2017, 03:29:50 PM »
Gothic Universe Collection is 85% off at $3 on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6375/

Gothic universe includes Gothic 1, Gothic 2: Gold Edition, and Gothic 3.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #1479 on: Thursday, June 08, 2017, 12:27:00 PM »
Payday 2 free on steam. Add it to your account and keep it forever.