Author Topic: Selling accounts  (Read 1280 times)

Offline beo

• Veteran
Selling accounts
« on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 04:11:46 AM »
anyone done this?

i'm a bit short on money at the moment and considering i haven't played wow in about 18 months, i'm thinking of pawning off my account. anyone have any experience with this - reputable sites, etc?

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
Re: Selling accounts
« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 08:59:19 AM »
I've got an online friend that does the account selling for all his friends, and he sold a couple accounts for me about 2 years ago. He advertises through Craigslist and meets in person, and deals in cash. I think he has them come to his house, but I would meet in a LAN Cafe or wireless hotspot. (you'll need net access to log in to Battle.net and change the email and password for them.) For pricing, we just check craigslist for other postings of similarly geared characters of the same class.

We did sell our Warhammer Online accounts to some website not too long ago. We didn't get much, but that's a dying game and we were just glad to get something. I'll ask him what the site was and if they buy WoW accounts too.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #2 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 09:27:59 AM »
The only thing is that Beo is in the UK, and from what I remember, he couldn't play with you lot because of the regional thing or something (or was it some other game?).

If this is the case, I am not sure if craigslist will work?

Beo, I'd suggest you go to ebay.co.uk and do a search to see if there is anyone selling their account.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 01:47:35 PM »
I don't know if Craigslist is a US thing only or not. The main reason my friend sold mine for me was because Craigslist is sorted by area, and my friend lives in the San Fransisco Bay area. I live in a small town in North Carolina where it would be harder to find a buyer.

Ebay might work, but in my experience they remove WoW account auctions as soon as they see them.

Still waiting for a response from my friend about that site.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 04:13:06 PM »
http://www.toonstorm.com/

They make you jump through some hoops though, he says. Like you have to give them your phone number and they call you during the sale process. He has definitely used the site before though, and said he had no problems.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #5 on: Friday, June 18, 2010, 05:22:14 PM »
I wonder how much WoW accounts go for nowadays.  I haven't played mine in about 15 months now as well.  If you've got a lot of 'exclusive' or special items I think it will inflate your account value as well.