Author Topic: Pixel art playing cards  (Read 8163 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Pixel art playing cards
« on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 10:55:27 PM »
Something I worked on today.

I like how the backs turned out.

I found PokerTH, an open source poker game. Trying to learn how to play the game. Anyway, I found out it supports themes/skins! I grabbed a few, some gave errors when running them that they are for the older version of the program but will work on the new one anyway so I set out to see how to fix the error. While doing this I thought "Hey, it doesn't look that hard to make your own theme!" and thats how I got into doing what I'm doing now. I'm doing some kind of 8-bit/pixel art theme.

Cards are mostly done, at least its playable. I didnt do anything fancy for the king, queen, jack, or ace cards which I'm thinking of going back and doing something there. They just dont stand out like they should. But after making all the others in a mind numbingly repetitive process, I decided to start on the background and overall screen. Pay not attention to it in that shot, its really really early.

EDIT
Note that the cards are actually have twice the pixel count as it appears. I wanted big chunky pixels. Theres more resolution to work with in there if you're doing other themes.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
Re: Pixel art playing cards
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 11:07:39 PM »
Nice!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。