Author Topic: King's Bounty series  (Read 796 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
King's Bounty series
« on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 03:58:04 PM »
I began playing King's Bounty: The Legend today.

Holy smokes - where did 3.1 hours of my life (according to Steam) go? I never would've guessed I sunk this much time on this game w/out paying it much attention.

So, there's no voice-acting. Probably for the better, if they were going to plan to put "cheap" voice-acting in there.

Basically, you go around on a map; build a small army of different kinds of troops to join you; fight enemies on the map; and do all kinds of quests.

The combat's on a hex grid and turn-based - like some of the old Fallout 1 and 2 games were. The game's a blast and addictive as hell.

Anybody else play anything in this series yet? Or know of any other games like this?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: King's Bounty series
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 04:31:02 PM »
I tried the demo of one of them but havent gotten around to buying the games yet. I want to, though.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: King's Bounty series
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 04:38:04 PM »
I tried the demo of one of them but havent gotten around to buying the games yet. I want to, though.

I tried the KL: Armored Princess - DEMO when Steam had the KL: Complete Pack on sale - which got me to buy the whole KL: Complete Pack. Is that the demo you tried?

Anyways - yeah, this KL: The Legend game is addictive like say how the Mount & Blade series can be. You can literally lose track of time and lose hours playing. And once you stop, you ask yourself, "Wow...Did I really spend that much time with this?" :P