Author Topic: This guy again!  (Read 5156 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
This guy again!
« on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 09:07:47 PM »
Linky

Banksy strikes again

Guerilla artist Banksy has struck again - by sneaking a statue of a Guantanamo Bay detainee into Disneyland.

The manacled figure in an orange jumpsuit appeared inside the Rocky Mountain Railroad ride, reports the Mirror.

It was there almost two hours before being removed by guards at the California theme park.

Bristol-born Banksy says he wanted to highlight the plight of terror suspects held in Cuba.

Banksy is notorious for his subversive stunts - such as sneaking doctored versions of classic paintings into major art galleries.

In 2005, he embarrassed the British Museum by planting a hoax cave painting of a man pushing a supermarket trolley, which he said went unnoticed for three days.

Last week, he smuggled 500 "alternative" versions of Paris Hilton's album into record shops around the UK.

The artist replaced Hilton's songs with his own remixes, which were given titles such as Why am I Famous?, What Have I Done? and What Am I For?

He also changed the artwork to show the US socialite topless and with a dog's head.

For more on his earlier adventure regarding Paris Hilton:

Banksy remixes Paris...

Guerilla artist Banksy has tampered with hundreds of copies of Paris Hilton's new album.

Banksy replaced Hilton's CD with his own remixes with titles such as Why am I Famous?, What Have I Done? and What Am I For?

He has also changed pictures of the heiress on the CD sleeve to show her topless and with a dog's head.

A spokeswoman for Banksy said he had doctored 500 copies of her debut album Paris in 48 record shops across the UK.

She told the BBC News website: "He switched the CDs in store, so he took the old ones out and put his version in."

But he left the original barcode so people could buy the CD without realising it had been interfered with.

He visited cities including Bristol, Brighton, Birmingham, Newcastle, Glasgow and London, she added.

A spokesman for HMV said the chain had recovered seven CDs from two Brighton shops.

"I guess you can give an individual such as Banksy a little bit of leeway for his own particular brand of artistic engagement.

"And it might be that there will be some people who agree with his views on the Paris Hilton album."

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: This guy again!
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 10:27:04 PM »
I love the Paris Hilton thing, but political statements make me want to vomit.  Man I hate politics.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 10:34:51 PM »
How big was the statue? How the fuck doesnt he get caught doing any of this?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 10:41:20 PM »
He must have a really BIG trench coat.