Author Topic: 10 Games you really want to complete.  (Read 7141 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
10 Games you really want to complete.
« on: Monday, February 07, 2011, 12:14:57 AM »
Let's make lists to help us finish games.

Keep it realistic and do not add games you simply don't want to play again. Please edit your post once you do finish a title, to keep everyone motivated. :P Once you finish a game, you can cross it out as something you finished, and replace it something else you intend to finish.

So here we go:

Games I intend to finish:

1. The Witcher (I am bored with the combat, yet must finish to play the upcoming sequel.)
2. God of War 3 (This I have to find the time for. Can't imagine it will be dull.)
3. Uncharted 1
4. Uncharted 2
5. Final Fantasy 13 (*cry*)
6. Demon's Souls
7. Dawn of War 2.
8. Rome: Total War (YIKES!)
9. Batman: Arkham Asylum
10. Fallout 3

« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 08, 2011, 01:55:49 PM by Pugnate »

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
Re: 10 Games you really want to complete.
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 07, 2011, 12:17:44 AM »
1. World of Warcraft
2-10. Pugnate is a dildo
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 07, 2011, 12:26:32 AM »
1. inFamous
2. 3D Dot Game Heroes
3. Alan Wake
4. Splinter Cell: Conviction
5. Resident Evil 5
6. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
7. Mafia 2

I bought Alan Wake and SC: Conviction this Christmas and played a bit of both, but am nowhere near completing them.  With inFamous and 3D Dot Game Heroes, I picked them up just as I was losing interest in gaming and had them sit around until now and haven't had time to play them.  RE5 I've played a bit of with my friend; I intend to finish the campaign playing it through on cooperative.  

I love SC2, but I simply do not care enough about the campaign to put time into it to finish it.  I do intend to eventually though.

I wish I had more time to play video games nowadays.  I've become so much of a casual gamer.  I look for games that I can allow to take a brief amount of my time and that's about it.  I intend to pick up Limbo and Super Meat Boy in the near future as they look like good temporary distractions.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 12:38:02 AM by iPPi »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 07, 2011, 12:57:55 AM »
Dead Space
Demon Souls
Uncharted 2
Okami (I got really close to the end before I got distracted by something else and never finished it)
FFXII (I sorta wanted to play this in the PS2 emulator)
The Darkness
Yakuza 3 (What I'm currently playing. Want to beat it before Yakuza 4 comes out next month)
The Witcher
Batman: Arkham Asylum (Gave it to my brother for christmas but havent started it myself)
Mount & Blade (no real end, but I want to play it more than I have)

Probably more but its late and I cant think.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 07, 2011, 02:12:37 AM »
Yea if I list all the games I have left unfinished, I'll just get overwhelmed and not finish any :P. I want to start with a list I can realistically handle, and slowly work through titles that are harder to get back into..

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 07, 2011, 03:49:56 AM »
1. Dead Space 2
2. Crysis
3. Enslaved
4. Metro 2033
5. Fallout 3
6. Bioshock
7. Bioshock 2
8. Duke Nukem 3D (yes, this is sad)
9. Borderlands DLC
10. Medal of Honor
« Last Edit: Friday, February 18, 2011, 12:12:46 AM by W7RE »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 07, 2011, 07:51:34 AM »
Final Fantasy XIII. I just have to finish that one and I'll feel a little more satisfied with life. The gameplay is so effing monotonous that the story has to compensate severely!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 07, 2011, 10:30:51 AM »
Good thread!  For me:

1: Dead Space iOS
2: Dead Space 2
3: Enslaved
4: Fallout 3
5: Silent Hill 5
6: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
7: Folklore
8: Demon's Souls
9: Deadly Premonition
10: Dead Rising 2

There's really a ton more, too, but those are the principle ones I'd like to devote time to.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 07, 2011, 01:43:19 PM »
God of War 3 (just haven't had the time for it)
SC2 (same reasons as iPPi)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 07, 2011, 03:37:35 PM »
I'll start the list off for my PC games I need to finish.
Expect adds and edits, when I think of more and all...

1. Dead Space - Damn Stasis and mining the planet w/ blades moving section drives bananas. Drove me so bananas, it got deactivated and uninstalled.

2. Risen - Chapter 4 can be BRUTALLY tough...

3. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - I finished Original Version w/ the Shani pathway, but I want to finish it again and side w/ Shani - which I've been doing here and there. I've played it here and there, but just ain't been able to buckle down to finish it b/c I've got other things in my way now - i.e. Risen and Two Worlds 2.

4. Darksiders - Tiamat boss...I need to get by her! I figured out how to beat her, but I always seem to eventually fail it. She always seems to get me, when it's all said and down.

5. Two Worlds 2 - Just b/c it's the current game I'm playing and hope to get it done, whenever that might be. Not in any hurry to finish it. Been having a blast w/ this - especially the craft, loot and magic system. One of the most improved sequels EVER.

6. Diablo II + LOD
7. Titan Quest + Immortal Throne

8. Dead Space 2 - Just started yesterday, so it gets added to my list.

9. Braid - Someone mentioned it. There's another one I need to finish. Added to my list.

10. STALKER: Clear Sky - Someone mentioned STALKER. Thanks for reminding me about the series. I've finished every STALKER game except Clear Sky. Added to the list.

EDIT #1 - 02-21-2011 -> 6 and 7 added to list.
EDIT #2 - 03-07-2011 -> #8 added to list.
EDIT #3 - 03-16-2011 -> #9 and 10 added to list
EDIT #4 - 03-19-2011 -> Dead Space 2 [#8] finished and crossed off the list.

« Last Edit: Friday, March 18, 2011, 09:36:10 PM by MysterD »

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, February 08, 2011, 02:55:03 AM »
Not particularly listed by importance.

Uncharted 2
Batman Arkham Asylum
Okami
Metroid Prime 3
Dead Space 2
Condemned 2
Enslaved
Silent Hill Shattered Memories
Red Faction Guerrilla
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time

Can't think of anymore since I'm at work at the moment. Also these games will continue to go unplayed if I keep playing WoW.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 17, 2011, 08:22:06 PM by PyroMenace »

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, February 08, 2011, 01:56:10 PM »
So I can cross one off the list!

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, February 08, 2011, 02:18:26 PM »
One thing about lack of discretionary income is that I have almost no worthy uncompleted games left on my shelf.  Scanning around, all I see is:

1. Ico
2. Shadow of the Colossus

I've had those forever, and I keep putting them off.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, February 08, 2011, 03:00:06 PM »
There is no excuse for not playing either of those.  That's like a film buff not having seen any Hitchcock movies.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, February 08, 2011, 04:57:30 PM »
Well, there is a slight excuse now. The HD versions should be out next month I think. It might be worth waiting for at least the supposed frame rate fix that Shadow of the Colossus should get.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 09, 2011, 02:17:16 PM »
Modified mine to make it a full 10. I initially left Dead Space 2 off because I knew I'd play through it NP, but whatever I'll put it on there. MoH I mostly put there because finishing it will make me feel more justified in talking shit about it. I think I'm like halfway in anyway.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 09, 2011, 02:41:02 PM »
Well, there is a slight excuse now. The HD versions should be out next month I think. It might be worth waiting for at least the supposed frame rate fix that Shadow of the Colossus should get.

Shadow of the Colossus looks like ass on a large television.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 09, 2011, 03:13:35 PM »
Haven't played Shadow or Ico myself. I'll definitely get the HD version of Shadow, though not so sure about Ico.

Pyro, I wouldn't bother with Awakening since they couldn't be bothered to finish the game. I was so upset with Awakening. If you want to read about my experience, read on, though it isn't spoiler free:

Basically it is obvious that at some point they decided to rush through the latter half of the game, even though the first half felt pretty good. While from the beginning it was obvious that they were working with a lower budget (no romances and unable to fully interact with the party members, the latter of which was a major selling point of DA:O), at least those limitations were clear to the developers from the start.

It is obvious that halfway through Awakening, the developers were forced to cut corners for whatever reason (EA happened, or limited interest in the DLC). Certain quests can't be completed successfully no matter what you do. On a certain quest, I was supposed to save some farmers from attack, and no matter what I tried, I couldn't get to them on time. A few frustrating quick loads later and an hour of repetition later, I went to the forums to find that it wasn't possible to complete the quest no matter what, with the speculation being that it was a budgetary cut. Other side quests were similarly left incomplete.

As you play through Awakening, you can alsodo sidequests to ensure that your castle survives the eventual major attack while you go off defending the bigger city. These sidequests last more than a few hours, and basically reward your castle with better infrastructure, defenses, and your men with better equipment.

While it is obvious that the game is structured so that you can return to your castle after you defend the main city, you simply can NOT. In fact, once you leave your castle to defend the city, you can't even interact with the party members you left behind.

And even if you completed at all the sidequests aimed at improving your castle's defenses, the city's garrison will still tell you that your castle fell. But if you DID complete all these sidequests, the text you see at the end (which is supposed to serve as some sort of half assed conclusion) contradicts what the garrison told you, that your castle did survive... even though on the map it showed as being annihilated along with all your party members.

I went to the Bioware forums, and everyone was really upset and people were bitching.

So yea, a waste of time and money. Bastards.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, February 17, 2011, 07:56:34 PM »
Finished Enslaved. Pretty good, despite it's weaknesses. The ending was a little odd, but not as odd as I'd been hearing. Though it did feel like it needed a little more of something, not sure what. Anyone tried the DLC for it? I heard it's good, so I might pick it up if it goes on sale.

I think I might do Medal of Honor next just to get it out of the way. I've heard it's pretty short and I'm partway through already.

EDIT: Well that didn't take long. MoH done.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 18, 2011, 12:12:05 AM by W7RE »

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #19 on: Friday, February 18, 2011, 11:45:18 AM »
So far W7RE is doing quite well.

I am almost done with Uncharted 2, and just started getting into Fallout 3.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #20 on: Friday, February 18, 2011, 12:22:15 PM »
MoH was a total exercise in frustration. I would find some sort of bug, glitch, or design issue that was getting me stuck in almost every level. On one level, we're sneaking through a village and my buddy says "ok it's clear to cross that courtyard, go". So I assumed the 4-5 bad guys were all facing the other way. They weren't, and once I got across the courtyard, I turned around and there were over a dozen guys swarming me. On another mission you're in a helicopter and they don't tell you the controls. I've got a gun on right trigger and a missile on right bumper. It took 4 mission failures before I realized the missile I was supposed to be using is on left bumper. Also lots of objectives that are really not clear at all, environments with so little contrast that you can't see enemies, inability to shoot enemies because of terrible geometry blocking (I'm pretty sure I missed a lot of guys because my bullet couldn't pass through a leaf). Also lots of texture pop-in and terrible texture work.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #21 on: Friday, February 18, 2011, 02:59:26 PM »
For some reason when you talked about finishing MoH, I was thinking of the old Allied Assault. :P

Anyway, yea the reviews were pretty poor for that game.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #22 on: Friday, February 18, 2011, 03:06:46 PM »
I'm still working on Yakuza 3. There are 12 chapters and Im on chapter 9 now. I'm being a bit of a perfectionist and trying to do all the side quests. So basically a chapter starts, I run around doing everything I possibly can, then do the next story missions, new chapter, repeat. But I'm getting there, and enjoying the hell out of it.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #23 on: Friday, February 18, 2011, 04:03:19 PM »
For some reason when you talked about finishing MoH, I was thinking of the old Allied Assault. :P

ROFL I never finished that one either. I have a bad history of buying all the good games, but never finishing them.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 06:28:04 PM »
I really should get in on this after I finish up with Bulletstorm which I'll be getting on Tuesday. Here's my list in no particular order and its going to be crazy since almost all of them are JRPGs, so this will take awhile:

1. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 (I'm counting this as one since its one huge story)
2. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
3. Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
4. Disgaea 3
5. Disgaea Infinite
6. Infinite Space
7. Parasite Eve 2 (I've finished this a long time ago but I want to play through this again before The 3rd Birthday comes out in late March since I just recently replayed Parasite Eve)
8. Amensia
9. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (both the main game and the expansion)
10. Braid
« Last Edit: Friday, August 26, 2011, 12:50:01 AM by TheOtherBelmont »

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 10:07:38 PM »
I'm on level 3 (of 11) in Crysis and it's already feeling really repetitive. So far the game is either "take out Korean base/outpost where the objective is" or "take out Korean base/outpost on the way to your objective". As far as story, it's "the Koreans found some bad shit and you have to kill a lot of them to get to some scientists".

I do have to say though that the AI, while still pretty bad, isn't as bad as FarCry was. By bad, I mean "not realistic". In FarCry the enemies had super vision and a hive mind, so if you got in line of sight of someone within a mile or two, you'd have the whole island on you. In Crysis you can actually hide behind bushes and stuff and people can't see as far, but you still alert everyone in the area if you kill one person with a silenced 1-shot out of anyone's line of sight. I was sneaking past a lot of stuff before, but then I wold kill 1 person along a road and every patrol I had snuck by would come running toward me.

I think I'm gonna have to work on 2 games at a time, as Crysis feels better in short bursts. I'm sure some might want to lynch me for saying this, but I sort of hope the city setting of Crysis 2 lends the game to more of a story and a little more variety.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 10:33:29 PM »
It picks up and offers some variety when you get a bit farther in. I don't want to spoil it, but there were some memorable sections.

Of course my favorite thing to do in the game was to find a shack and just completely dismantle it. The physics were fun.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #27 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 10:31:12 AM »
I just beat Yakuza 3. I wanted to do all of the side missions, which is why it took me so long (I think my total playtime was 38 hours). I ended up only doing 96 side missions out of a possible 101, mostly because I looked them up and several of them I don't have the patience to "unlock". They require you to do well on some of the minigames (score 200 or better in bowling, play a whole game of golf where you end at par or better, etc). Those sport minigames are a bitch to play so I'd have to really buckle down to do that well...and I really don't care enough.

So yeah, one down!

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, March 05, 2011, 04:41:11 PM »
Sort of took a break from Crysis for Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm. Finished both, and the DLC for DS2.

I decided to go back to Bioshock, where I have a save file about halfway through. Damn the hacking can be tedious in this game. It's getting to be pretty fast, despite having a mod on to slow it down. Plus add in the broken and alarm blocks, and the randomness of it all, and it can be a pain. One try, I'll see I need to go for a path across the top, and the next time I go that way again and it's blocked off but it's too late to do anything about it. Doing a lot of loding saves at hackable objects lol.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, March 08, 2011, 03:15:10 AM »
Got an easy one knocked off of the list.  Braid was a pretty neat game.  I'm surprised I went as long as I did without someone spoiling the ending for me before I finished the game.

I think I'm going to get started on Amnesia next.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, March 08, 2011, 03:17:07 AM »
I liked Braid but I got really frutsrated at one point and just quit.. I ought to give another go.

Finished Bulletstorm, now enjoying Echoes and multiplayer.

Jumped back into Castlevania (after a month hiatus).

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2011, 03:22:07 PM »
Man I haven't touched a game in 3 weeks. :P I am going to get back into it now. :)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2011, 03:59:40 PM »
@Pug
Did any modder ever create a mod for Awakening and fix all the stuff that was incomplete and unfinished in the game?

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #33 on: Monday, March 21, 2011, 01:47:21 AM »
I've stalled on Bioshock again. I keep saying I'm gonna finish it, but I'm having trouble keeping at it. Like right now, I want to play F.E.A.R. I don't really want to start another FPS though because I still have Crysis and Bioshock to finish. Both are sort of boring me though. Crysis is really repetitive, and Bioshock's gameplay and combat is feeling not far off. I like the setting, I like the story and the characters, but the combat feels old and tired. Maybe it's because I'm playing through it so long after release.

So because I have reasons for not starting F.E.A.R., but don't want to chug through any more of Cryis or Bioshock right now, I load up Minecraft. Then I end up spending hours on that.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, April 05, 2011, 09:17:07 PM »
Well, I got started on Disgaea Infinite during the meet and finished it up today unlocking all the endings and getting 100% on the database.  I've been playing Amensia too so I hope to finish that one in the next day or two.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, April 05, 2011, 09:32:44 PM »
I still have to get around to finishing On The Rain-slick Precipice of Darkness, parts 1 and 2.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 07:44:31 PM »
I finished Amensia tonight.  The last couple of hours of that game were intense and creepy as hell.  Don't know what I want to get started on next on my list, I'm thinking Disgaea 3 or S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 07:48:01 PM »
I finished Amensia tonight.  The last couple of hours of that game were intense and creepy as hell.  Don't know what I want to get started on next on my list, I'm thinking Disgaea 3 or S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I was reading that a new, shorter side campaign was recently added to Amnesia for free. If you own the game on Steam you should have it already. (not sure if it's Steam only)

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 10:11:02 PM »
I was reading that a new, shorter side campaign was recently added to Amnesia for free. If you own the game on Steam you should have it already. (not sure if it's Steam only)

Yeah, its Steam only sadly.  I bought it on Impulse.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 10:23:45 PM »
The dev said it was only Steam only for the time being. Guess they plan to give it to everyone once this whole Valve ARG crap is done.