Author Topic: Renegade Ops (Steam preorder, XBLA & PSN now)  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Renegade Ops (Steam preorder, XBLA & PSN now)
« on: Thursday, September 15, 2011, 11:50:36 AM »
With all the (deserved) attention GoW3 is getting, this generically named little gem may go unnoticed.  It comes courtesy of Avalanche, the Just Cause devs, and Sega.  It's getting shamefully ignored by the press, though reviews in some out-of-the-way sites are starting to pop up.  If you like twin-stick overhead shooters, this one ranks among the best I've tried.  TBH, I have yet to buy it, but the lengthy demo has me salivating--quite an unexpected surprise.  Give it a shot if you can.

Gameplay trailer
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 17, 2011, 12:36:11 PM by Cobra951 »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Renegade Ops (XBLA, PSN)
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 15, 2011, 12:02:22 PM »
yeah, I pre-ordered it on PC during my online purchase craze last month or in July.. Looks pretty sweet and potentially a lot of multiplayer fun!

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 15, 2011, 12:44:07 PM »

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 17, 2011, 06:33:45 AM »
I went ahead and picked this up yesterday.  Played through the first 4 missions.  It's got the most love I've seen thrown at a twin-stick shooter.  Gatling Gears was quite good; this is great.

Giantbomb review, which I just found this morning.  Their Quick Look (Belmont's post ^) is a good showcase.

It's like someone played a whole lot of Jackal back in the '80s and then, sometime recently, figured out the only way that game could be improved is with experience points, a skill tree, physics, and four-player co-op. Luckily for us, whoever had that idea was right on the money. This game is a blast.

It's about time a real site reviewed it.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 17, 2011, 11:29:01 AM »
Sounds awesome.

Interestingly, if you want the Steam version they have a 4 pack. And unlike other 4 packs where you buy 3 get one free, this one is buy 2 get 2 free. Pretty nice deal.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, September 17, 2011, 11:46:26 AM »
Oh, this is coming the PC, too?!?!
NICE.
Will have to keep my eyes peeled for it.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Renegade Ops (Steam preorder, XBLA & PSN now)
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, September 17, 2011, 12:36:55 PM »
Yeah, I saw that you could preorder on Steam.  It should be released any day now, if it isn't already.