Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto V - Update: FREE on Epic Store (Reply 128)  (Read 41263 times)

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: Grand Theft Auto V
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 09:32:04 AM »
I saw a movie not long ago with that beach setting and the ferris wheel.  All I could think of was GTA.
You're referring to Santa Monica Pier.  I feel like I saw a movie that showed this too, just recently.  It's killing me that I can't remember what it is.  Then again, L.A. is used for the setting of tons of movies and I'm sure Santa Monica Pier is in a decent portion of them.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 02:29:42 PM »
I have fond memories spending time with my first girlfriend there. I don't remember how the real one compares to the GTA version, though. It was a long-ass time ago.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 04:28:59 PM »
I visited it twice in the last few years.  One thing I found remarkable: the quiet, even with hundreds of people.  West coast people are way less rambunctious and loud that East coasters.

This is probably one of the reasons you never ever meet someone from California here.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 08:14:51 PM »
I visited it twice in the last few years.  One thing I found remarkable: the quiet, even with hundreds of people.  West coast people are way less rambunctious and loud that East coasters.

This is probably one of the reasons you never ever meet someone from California here.

West Coast - East Coast mentality is really interesting to think about either American or Canadian (to be fair, actual east coast in Canada, such as Nova Scotia and PEI is a lot more similar to the West Coast mentality, while Ontario lines up more with the New York mentality a bit). I was born in Toronto, raised in Vancouver but spent a lot of time back east up until early adulthood.  I'm pretty sure you could drop me in a random town north or south of the 49th Parallel and I could tell you which coast I was on without landmarks or accents. I guess that's true when you're talking about any two areas separated by that great of a geographical distance though.

Aaaaaanyways, I have really good memories of Santa Monica Pier.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Last Edit: Monday, July 13, 2015, 05:24:29 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #125 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 12:09:35 PM »
EGMNow -> GTA V: GTARPG Mod released.

Are you a big fan of Grand Theft Auto V? Are you a big fan of RPGs? Now, thanks to a mod, you can have them both—in the same game.

GTA V already has a few RPG elements, such as the ability to level stamina and driving skills, but GTA: RPG, a mod for the PC version of Rockstar’s open world opus created by LogicSpawn, adds so much more.

Players can now roll a new character, choose a class, level up, and progress through skill trees. NPCs have dialogue trees and offer sidequests. And the inventory system seems to have been completely overhauled, with new menus and the ever-important RPG ability to loot the bodies of your enemies.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 08:49:33 PM »
This might be the biggest "get" ever for the Epic Game Store.

One of the best selling games of all time in one of the biggest franchises of all time!

Rumor has it: GTA5 could be the next freebie for Epic Game Store starting tomorrow:
https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/gta-5-grand-theft-auto-pc-epic-games-store-free-game/

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Grand Theft Auto V - Update: Next Epic Store freebie maybe...? (Reply 127)
« Reply #128 on: Thursday, May 14, 2020, 03:36:39 PM »
Yep, GTA5 Premium Edition PC version is the Epic Game Store freebie.

It broke the Internet...and the Epic Game Store site:
https://www.tomsguide.com/news/gta-5-is-free-on-pc-today-but-the-epic-games-store-is-down

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Grand Theft Auto V - Update: FREE on Epic Store (Reply 128)
« Reply #129 on: Thursday, May 14, 2020, 07:07:05 PM »
Well I guess I can play this now.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: Grand Theft Auto V - Update: FREE on Epic Store (Reply 128)
« Reply #130 on: Friday, June 19, 2020, 09:56:25 PM »
I picked this up when it was free on the Epic Game Store. This game is actually quite fun, and it still looks good and is graphically intensive when you max everything up (which is somewhat surprising considering how old the game is). I'm still quite early in the game but I am enjoying it.

Setting up the game was annoying though because you are required to be online and register for the Rockstar Social Club. Also, launching the game every time triggers Windows UAC, which is another oddity.