Author Topic: Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross - The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross - The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
« on: Wednesday, December 21, 2011, 05:54:31 PM »
So I wasn't expecting to care about this movie in any capacity, and I basically don't, having read the book and seen the movie that came out a couple years ago (why do we feel the need to remake movies just because they were in another language? seriously, what the fuck is that?). However, I heard that Reznor was working on the soundtrack, and being a sometimes-fan, figured I'd check it out. Turns out it's actually pretty damned good, as is some of the stuff on the Social Network soundtrack which I just found out these two also collaborated on.

Basically, this is nearly 3 hours of music on 3 CDs, and it makes me think of a more ambient and sometimes spooky Ghosts I-IV. It's more background music, so there's a focus on basic ideas and repetition, but what's there is quality. I've happily added it to my writing playlist and have been enjoying it a lot.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 21, 2011, 10:08:56 PM by Quemaqua »

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross - The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2011, 06:48:06 PM »
Basically, this is nearly 3 hours of music on 3 CDs, and it makes me think of a more ambient and sometimes spooky Ghosts I-IV.
Say no more. Sold.