Author Topic: Assassin's Creed III - Update: AC3 Old removed, Remaster now out (Reply 57)  (Read 14915 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 31, 2019, 04:51:35 AM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Assassin's Creed III - Update: Will it be set during American Revolution?
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 07:58:44 PM »
The hood doesn't really fit in with that time period.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 09:13:16 PM »
They're really dragging this one out. I was hoping we'd finally get to the epilogue with Desmond being the main playable character.

I could see the hood working in the period but it would certainly make one stand out in a crowd.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 02, 2012, 10:26:39 AM »
"Leaked" screens

http://i.imgur.com/zfRML.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XswPc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Wwfnk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/01J2Q.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wfuNq.jpg

The 3rd one is probably concept art, just because thats a really detailed "reach into a coat" animation with no clipping so...Im guessing not in-game. But the rest look pretty damn good.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 02, 2012, 10:38:35 AM »
I want to care about this series but they've saturated the series with too many iterations.  I've lost a lot of interest.  I still need to finish Brotherhood and I haven't picked up Revelations yet.  I don't know if I will play Revelations at all.

That said, this one does look somewhat interesting.  Hopefully we'll see some advances in the gameplay.

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 02, 2012, 10:38:57 AM »
here's hoping you can ally yourself with redcoats.  >:D

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 02, 2012, 10:48:40 AM »
I do sort of agree with you, iPPi. Though for me it was just being stuck in Italy 3 games in a row just made it feel like it was dragging on. I played the hell out of AC2 and Brotherhood, but Revelations I havent even looked at. AC3, though, I'm getting kind of interested in again because of the new setting and characters.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #8 on: Friday, March 02, 2012, 03:11:59 PM »
This actually looks really cool. The only way the hood would fit is if he were Native American or something. Even then, a wolf skin perhaps.

I personally thought they were stretching the hood thing with the second even. It was too obvious they were trying to create a brand.

edit:

Wow, he has a Tomahawk and his bow is clearly American Indian. Awesome.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #9 on: Friday, March 02, 2012, 05:15:50 PM »
I lost interest after the first game was such an ungodly bore. Loved the setting and the cool world there was to explore, got bored with everything else really quickly. Can't believe it's gone on this long, honestly.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Friday, March 02, 2012, 06:04:29 PM »
I lost interest after the first game was such an ungodly bore. Loved the setting and the cool world there was to explore, got bored with everything else really quickly. Can't believe it's gone on this long, honestly.

AC2 is worlds better than AC1.
NO COMPARISON.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #11 on: Friday, March 02, 2012, 08:38:33 PM »
Yeah, AC2 fixed pretty much every complaint I had with the first game. Of course I loved the crap out of the first game so...take that for what you will. But the missions structure was completely overhauled and not so repetitive.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #12 on: Friday, March 02, 2012, 09:30:29 PM »
Yeah, AC2 fixed pretty much every complaint I had with the first game.
Same here.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: Friday, March 02, 2012, 10:30:20 PM »
I do sort of agree with you, iPPi. Though for me it was just being stuck in Italy 3 games in a row just made it feel like it was dragging on. I played the hell out of AC2 and Brotherhood, but Revelations I havent even looked at. AC3, though, I'm getting kind of interested in again because of the new setting and characters.

I got burned out after AC2, so I pretty much ignored what looked like AC2-2 (Brotherhood) and AC2-3 (Revelations).  This new setting may be a breath of fresh air, but I'm skeptical.  How many densely built cities with tall buildings were there in America in the 18th century?  Or is he traveling to Ye Olde King George land?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #14 on: Friday, March 02, 2012, 10:58:08 PM »
From the one "preview" I read you're going to spend a lot of time in the countryside/forests. So it seems they are going to be doing some things a bit different this go around. As for cities I saw New York and Philadelphia mentioned.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, March 03, 2012, 12:37:08 AM »
I'm looking forward to the much-needed change in formula, the series is getting stale.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 03, 2012, 03:43:47 AM »
here's hoping you can ally yourself with redcoats.  >:D

NEVER!!!!

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 03, 2012, 08:02:22 AM »
I'm looking forward to the much-needed change in formula, the series is getting stale.

It's a pickle.  Yeah, it's getting stale, and doing nothing but the same things again would only make it worse.  But what makes these games extraordinary are the unmatched structure-based acrobatics.  We already have generic action adventures, shooters, brawlers and now even the Western genre well covered.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, March 03, 2012, 08:18:36 AM »
I bought AC2 on a Steam sale yet couldn't play beyond a few hours. It may have addressed all my complaints with the first, but had AC1 been a finished product like AC2 it would have been far more amazing.

All AC1 had going for it was the novelty factory. Once that wore off, the game died for me. With AC2, the novelty was gone, so I probably couldn't give it a chance.

edit:

Cobra makes a good point. Let's see where they go with this in terms of acrobatics etc. It is important for a franchise to retain its core mechanics even when refreshing things. Or you could go the way of Splinter Cell: Double Agent.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #19 on: Monday, March 05, 2012, 06:40:50 AM »
Y'know how your brain tries to make sense of everything? It will see the patterns that your subconscious is churning up.. Yeah I'm seeing the number 1776 a lot today. Even some references to Paul Revere. I also watched an episode of Futurama where they go back in time to the American revolution. Patterns everywhere!

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #20 on: Monday, March 05, 2012, 11:00:42 AM »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Assassin's Creed III - Update: TRAILER
« Reply #21 on: Friday, March 09, 2012, 02:26:46 PM »
Rumor: Assassin's Creed 3 to have online co-op

IGN spotted mention of online co-op for 2-4 players in the game's official description in the Xbox Live Marketplace. That descriptor has since been pulled, which could indicate it was a mistake. Of course, it could also mean that Ubisoft asked Microsoft to stop spilling those particular beans. The listing still mentions online multiplayer for up to eight players, confirming the return of Assassin's Creed competitive offerings in some shape.

Interesting.. A rumour but still a glimmer of hope.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Assassin's Creed III
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, May 10, 2012, 10:53:20 AM »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, May 10, 2012, 04:22:11 PM »
Damn...what a bad-ass trailer.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #24 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 01:26:55 PM »
He just looks out of place and pretty obvious.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #25 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 02:02:41 PM »
I think they're going to run with that a bit this time though, at least that's the impression the trailer gave me. Maybe you won't be seen so much as blending in (and really, they were always pushing that), but more that you're a symbol to be feared. If they get that right that'd be pretty awesome.

Actually, the whole thing seems a bit more serious this time around. That could be a good thing. While ACII was undeniably better than the first, it lost a little of the tone of the first in favor of a few more winks and nods.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #26 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 05:58:46 PM »
He will be like a Native American Batman.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #27 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 09:20:31 PM »
EGMNow -> Rumor - AC3 will have a Season Pass DLC Pack.

Wouldn't surprise me, since AC: Revelations did have a Season Pass DLC Pack.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #28 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 11:14:57 PM »
EGMNow -> Rumor - AC3 will have a Season Pass DLC Pack.

Wouldn't surprise me, since AC: Revelations did have a Season Pass DLC Pack.

It did? I don't recall AC Revelations having a season pass! They released the three DLCs individually and you could only buy them together much later when they made the Revelations Gold Edition.

Just checked the Steam store page, there's no season pass or any pack that gives access to all DLC except the Gold Edition.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Assassin's Creed III -- Update: Rumor that AC3 will have Season Pass DLC
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2012, 06:09:42 AM »
I don't get paying for unproven future content up front.  It would have been a mistake with Forza 4, the only one I briefly considered.  At least with preorders you can get your money back instead of the game when it releases. 

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2012, 06:26:26 AM »
It did? I don't recall AC Revelations having a season pass! They released the three DLCs individually and you could only buy them together much later when they made the Revelations Gold Edition.

Just checked the Steam store page, there's no season pass or any pack that gives access to all DLC except the Gold Edition.

Gamestop PC App had ACR Season Pass DLC.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2012, 06:40:20 AM »
EGMNow -> UbiSoft is thinking of getting rid of Desmond.

(click to show/hide)

So, if they eventually gonna get rid of him, who's gonna replace him...?  
:o

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2012, 06:48:07 AM »
Gamestop PC App had ACR Season Pass DLC.

Woah, was that a Gamestop exclusive? I haven't seen it anywhere else. It's not even in the official UbiShop.

Cobra, I can justify a Season Pass sort of bundle if it offers notable savings. There has to be some advantage to buying in advance. For example, the Season pass costs $20 for DLC that would individually accumulate to $35, it make sense. The savings could be worth it even if one of the DLC sucks, well you didn't pay more per DLC than buying them individually.

One example of a poorly planned one, that is not really worth it, is the Saints Row 3 Season Pass. The season pass gives you access to 3 DLC, individually at $7 each + a bonus $3 bit of NyteBlade DLC, total $24. The season pass costs $20, so not much savings there, plus if any one of the DLC sucks or is something you don't care about, it negates the advantage of getting the Season Pass. For example, Genki Bowl VII sucked and I wasn't interested in it, so I could buy all individual components without Genki Bowl VII for $17. So this particular Season Pass is practically useless.

For the record, I bought the Saints Row 3 Season Pass when it was on sale a couple of months back for $6; at that price it was totally worth it :P

From a business perspective, the idea is to convince people to see the value in shelling out the cash for the bundle rather than buying one or two individual components for a few dollars.

Plus, they want to take advantage of completionists and collectors. For me, I know I'm gonna want the most complete Assassin's Creed package, that's why I usually wait for GOTY/Gold edition that includes everything for the game. A season pass for AC3 will surely appeal to me, though I'll have to gauge its value or just wait for a price drop.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2012, 06:52:34 AM »
EGMNow -> UbiSoft is thinking of getting rid of Desmond.

(click to show/hide)

So, if they eventually gonna get rid of him, who's gonna replace him...?  
:o
It makes sense. The stories of Ezio and Altaïr are over and AC3 could be a final set up to tie off Desmond's story.

They may explore Daniel Cross, the descendant of Nikolai Orelov (from the Assassin's Creed comic). Or y'know they could just create another character.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2012, 07:20:32 AM »
Woah, was that a Gamestop exclusive? I haven't seen it anywhere else. It's not even in the official UbiShop.
Good question! I...don't know. I just knew GameStop had it for PC download, for sure.

Cobra, I can justify a Season Pass sort of bundle if it offers notable savings. There has to be some advantage to buying in advance. For example, the Season pass costs $20 for DLC that would individually accumulate to $35, it make sense. The savings could be worth it even if one of the DLC sucks, well you didn't pay more per DLC than buying them individually.
I think this also does depend on what you're getting for the price-tag of the Season Pass, as well. Since Season Pass DLC's are pre-orders (normally) and often released AHEAD of the actual DLC releases (that'll be in the Season Pass DLC Pack), so you often don't knows exactly what you're going to be getting for content. You just know - you'll be getting some DLC.

One example of a poorly planned one, that is not really worth it, is the Saints Row 3 Season Pass. The season pass gives you access to 3 DLC, individually at $7 each + a bonus $3 bit of NyteBlade DLC, total $24. The season pass costs $20, so not much savings there, plus if any one of the DLC sucks or is something you don't care about, it negates the advantage of getting the Season Pass. For example, Genki Bowl VII sucked and I wasn't interested in it, so I could buy all individual components without Genki Bowl VII for $17. So this particular Season Pass is practically useless.

For the record, I bought the Saints Row 3 Season Pass when it was on sale a couple of months back for $6; at that price it was totally worth it :P
I think the SR:TT Franchise Pack at $13.29 USD (87% off) on the final day of Steam Summer Sale was the better deal (SR:TT + Most of the DLC except the brand new Genki Girl Pack DLC). I don't think most of expected that, since SR:TT Franchise was $25 on most days it was on sale during Steam Summer Sale. And, well - I already bought SR:TT base game from Amazon DVG for $10. Oh, well.

BTW - I probably should discuss SR:TT in the SR3 Thread, but that game's bleeping AWESOME!!!

From a business perspective, the idea is to convince people to see the value in shelling out the cash for the bundle rather than buying one or two individual components for a few dollars.

Plus, they want to take advantage of completionists and collectors. For me, I know I'm gonna want the most complete Assassin's Creed package, that's why I usually wait for GOTY/Gold edition that includes everything for the game. A season pass for AC3 will surely appeal to me, though I'll have to gauge its value or just wait for a price drop.
I still think it's smart for them (dev's and publishers) to say they're done w/ all DLC for the game and then for the gamer to gauge what's actually in the Season Pass DLC Pack. Otherwise, if you buy a Season Pass DLC ahead of time, who knows what you're getting in the Season Pass DLC pack.

It's probably still best to wait for the final ALL Content Inclusive Re-release Edition (they have so many re-released editions names, it ain't funny - Gold Ed, Platinum Edition, Ultimate Edition, GOTY Edition, Franchise Edition, etc etc). Though, often when you buy a great game -- for me, I'd think like Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas -- it can be hard to wait for that Re-Released Edition that includes EVERYTHING.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2012, 07:56:24 AM »
Yeah, SR3 is awesome hehe We gotta co-op some time!

For me I just like buying a game and knowing that I won't have to buy anything more for it. That's why I shelled out the extra cash for ME3 Digital Deluxe edition, it had a specific line stating that I will get "A full collection of in-game content." I don't mind putting up a few extra bucks to ensure that all future releases will be free for me, that's why I go for the Collector's or Deluxe editions. So when I grab a deluxe edition and find that I have to pay more for DLC later I get angry. Angry at the publisher and angry at myself.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, July 24, 2012, 09:24:42 AM »
Yeah, SR3 is awesome hehe We gotta co-op some time!
YES! :) That would and will be a blast!

For me I just like buying a game and knowing that I won't have to buy anything more for it. That's why I shelled out the extra cash for ME3 Digital Deluxe edition, it had a specific line stating that I will get "A full collection of in-game content." I don't mind putting up a few extra bucks to ensure that all future releases will be free for me, that's why I go for the Collector's or Deluxe editions. So when I grab a deluxe edition and find that I have to pay more for DLC later I get angry. Angry at the publisher and angry at myself.
I agree w/ you - well, as long as the extras in the Deluxe Edition are worth the extra $ to you.

About Season Pass DLC's or All-Inclusive DLC Packs - I wish there were more of these. Nothing's more annoying that buying a base game, then basically be forced to buy a Re-Release Complete Edition just to get ALL the DLC. I usually won't buy those Re-Released Complete Edition, unless I can get a Re-Release Complete Edition quite cheap (think $10-20 or less). Season Passes or All-Inclusive DLC Packs pretty much can (try to) solve that problem - so I can try to save some $ since they are not including the base game that I already own.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #37 on: Monday, September 03, 2012, 09:01:33 AM »
Joystiq -> New challenges and new content every month will be added to the MP portion of the game.

While Ubisoft has been quick to introduce Connor and focus on the single-player campaign in Assassin's Creed 3, not much has been said on the multiplayer side, a staple of the series since being introduced in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Multiplayer developer Ubisoft Annecy says there will be a greater focus on multiplayer in Assassin's Creed 3 – both in terms of support from Ubisoft and its impact on the overall Assassin's Creed lore.

Abstergo has turned the Animus into a commercial product, and you'll play as one consumer who's looking forward to "reliving the past in HD." Every month, Ubisoft will give players new content to unlock through new challenges. "As you progress in the game and level up your character, you access these files and videos. Every month you'll have new challenges to unlock new content that will continue the storyline throughout the year," Ubisoft Annecy game director Damien Kieken told CVG.

So basically, we get to access new files and videos when he meet challenges and/or level-up...
Hmmm, sounds like what Bioshock 2's MP did...

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Assassin's Creed III -- Update: New content & challenges monthly for MP
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 04:16:22 PM »
PC Gamer -> AC3 PC Requirements revealed.

Minimum system requirements

Supported OS: Windows Vista (SP2) / Windows 7 (SP1) / Windows 8
Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core2 Duo E6700 or 3.00 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better recommended
RAM: 2 GB (4 GB recommended)
Video Card: 512 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant with Shader Model 4.0 or higher (see supported list)*
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c-compliant (5.1 surround sound recommended)
DVD-ROM: Dual-layer drive
Hard Drive Space: 17 GB
Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
Multiplayer: 256 kbps or faster broadband connection

Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
AMD Radeon HD 3870 / 4000 / 5000 / 6000 / 7000 series or better
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT / 9 / 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 series or better

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Assassin's Creed III -- Update: PC Requirements revealed
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, October 03, 2012, 07:46:38 PM »
ACIII: The Tyranny of King Washington DLC announced already

Ubisoft today officially announced the first DLC that’ll be coming to Assassin’s Creed III—and it plays an interesting bit of “what if” with one of America’s most legendary presidents.

Here’s how Ubisoft’s announcement kicks off:

As the revolution comes to a close, a new and most unexpected enemy emerges. Driven by the desire to secure the fate of the colonies, the greatest hero of the revolution, George Washington, succumbs to the temptation of infinite power. The new King is born and his reign leaves no one untouched. To return freedom to the land our new hero must dethrone a tyrant he once called friend. Today, Ubisoft announces the Assassin’s Creed III Season Pass offer, granting access to all five upcoming downloadable content packs to gamers owning the original game on PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, Microsoft’s Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system, and Windows PC.

The first president of the United States of America—George Washington—decides that he instead wants to be king? And you’ve got to take him down? Craaaazy!

Titled The Tyranny of King Washington, the story will play out across three episodic DLC packs—and will, obviously, have a bit of fun injecting some serious fiction into the facts of the birth of America.

“History is our playground – and AC teams have always loved playing with historical facts and their consequences as a way to better understand a time period,” Ubisoft executive producer Sebastien Puel said in the announcement. “While Assassin’s Creed III concentrates on history as it happens, we wanted to take some liberties with this DLC and tell you how things ‘could have happened.’”

While no direct price for The Tyranny of King Washington was announced by Ubisoft, they do mention that this will be part of the Assassin’s Creed III Season Pass—which will also include new multiplayer maps and characters. The ACIII Season Pass will be $29.99 on PS3 or 2400 MS Points on Xbox 360, will net players a 25% savings over buying the DLC individually, and Season Pass holders will get all DLC one week before everyone else.