Author Topic: Assassin's Creed III - Update: AC3 Old removed, Remaster now out (Reply 57)  (Read 14920 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Assassin's Creed III -- Update: Tyranny of King Washington DLC announced
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, October 04, 2012, 12:18:16 AM »
Great, now I totally know who won the conflict.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Assassin's Creed III -- Update: Tyranny of King Washington DLC announced
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 08:48:46 PM »
Forbes -> Erudito DLC Packs already up on PSN/XBL.

Assassin’s Creed III won’t hit shelves for another few days, but there’s already Assassin’s Creed III ‘Erudito Packs’ in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 stores.

You can buy a variety of these mysterious packs in the following amounts:

20 Erudito Pack = 80 MSP ($1 USD)
50 Erudito Pack = 160 MSP ($2 USD)
155 Erudito Pack = 400 MSP ($5 USD)
380 Erudito Pack = 800 MSP ($10 USD)
925 Erudito Pack = 1600 MSP ($20 USD)

As of this moment, no word on what exactly these are for has surfaced. I’ve reached out to Ubisoft for comment.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 27, 2012, 10:54:53 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Last Edit: Friday, November 30, 2012, 08:57:55 AM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Assassin's Creed III -- Update: Launch day patch = 44 fixes; Reviews rolling in
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 06:57:25 PM »
EGM -> UbiSoft talks AC3 PC on Reddit.

Ubisoft has promised that the upcoming PC version of Assassin’s Creed III will come with a lot less bugs than the console versions had at launch.

A new patch is currently in the works for all versions of the game to join the first which was released on launch day. The PC launch will include both of these patches reducing the number of bugs and increasing the overall stability of the game, DirectX 11 support will also be added.

“[The PC version] will include all of the console patches out at the time (so, that includes any patches we might be releasing in between now and PC launch). In addition, PC has a special patch designed to ensure that everything runs as smoothly as possible,” said Assassin’s Creed III community staff member Gabe Graziani on Reddit. “We’ve added extra DX11 support for the PC version, so you’ll notice some significant increases in texture resolution (double-res in most cases, but quadruple in some), tessellation (which is like, the new DX11 hotness) and some other shader improvements that will have an impact, but aren’t all that sexy to enumerate in a Reddit post, hehe.”

“I would say it will be less buggy than the console versions at console launch, but that the console and PC versions will be comparable at PC launch.”

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Assassin's Creed III -- Update: Next patch will have over 100 fixes
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 07:07:43 PM »
So, I haven't played an AC game since the first (which I did really really enjoy).  In order to catch up story wise, can I get away with just playing AC2 or do I need to play Revelations and Brotherhood as well?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 11:00:15 PM »
Well, they are pretty critical at least for Desmond's side of the story.

If you wanna skip them you can just read up on the story. Here's one summary I found that lists the plot and basic synopsis for each game.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 12:17:36 AM »
If you are new to the series the only two games I think you should play are AC2 and Brotherhood. I've played a little bit of Revelations and I'm not digging it as much for reasons Cobra and Scott went into. But yea, just stick with those two which is where the series peaked and I think you can go into AC3 just fine.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 03:01:11 AM »
I enjoyed both Brotherhood and Revelations but I'll admit Revelations did feel more like an ironing out of Ezio's story. It did have some interesting revelations (pardon the pun) about Altaïr, his latter years, what he contributed to the Assassins and how his knowledge affects Ezio (and hence Desmond).

But yeah, if I had to skip one game without compromising much of the story it would be Revelations.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 05:54:11 AM »
I love it. I'll admit it's starts off at crawl-speed but it picks up.. several hours into the game.

It is the most visually impressive in the series and they've implemented a lot of great changes. A few wonky changes too but it doesn't sour the overall experience.

My complaints so far:
  • New movement system makes it smooth to navigate environments but also makes it extremely easy to muck up too, especially in a chase sequence.
  • Why does Desmond look so frickin' weird?! It's like they made a cartoon-ized version of him with exaggerated features. Contrast that with the excellent character design and model work in the Connor segments and I'm left wondering what happened in the development process.
  • Steam version also uses Uplay. So, when you're using Steam's Big Picture mode it's not a seamless gamepad experience.. Gotta go to click that Play button in Uplay.

The game does support mouse+KB input but it's certainly best with a gamepad. Ubisoft even specifically recommend gamepad to fully enjoy the ga,e. Otherwise it's a great port.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 02:07:19 PM »
I love it. I'll admit it's starts off at crawl-speed but it picks up.. several hours into the game.

It is the most visually impressive in the series and they've implemented a lot of great changes. A few wonky changes too but it doesn't sour the overall experience.

My complaints so far:
  • New movement system makes it smooth to navigate environments but also makes it extremely easy to muck up too, especially in a chase sequence.
  • Why does Desmond look so frickin' weird?! It's like they made a cartoon-ized version of him with exaggerated features. Contrast that with the excellent character design and model work in the Connor segments and I'm left wondering what happened in the development process.
  • Steam version also uses Uplay. So, when you're using Steam's Big Picture mode it's not a seamless gamepad experience.. Gotta go to click that Play button in Uplay.

The game does support mouse+KB input but it's certainly best with a gamepad. Ubisoft even specifically recommend gamepad to fully enjoy the ga,e. Otherwise it's a great port.

What CPU are you using?  This game is basically unplayable on my  Core2Duo e6750 even overclocked to 3.4ghz. Which is understandable as the cpu is 6 years old. Settings hold no real effect, it's just that the engine is now too much for the processor to handle.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #52 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 01:04:37 AM »

What CPU are you using?  This game is basically unplayable on my  Core2Duo e6750 even overclocked to 3.4ghz. Which is understandable as the cpu is 6 years old. Settings hold no real effect, it's just that the engine is now too much for the processor to handle.
I'm playing it on my Asus G74, sporting an Intel Core i7 2nd-gen and a GeForce 560M.

I still have my older system with a Core 2 Duo E6750 and a GeForce 8800 GTS, so I'll test it out and see how well it runs there. Based on the official sys-reqs it should run passably. I'm curious how playable it will be. If anything the issue would be the GPU and not the CPU in this case.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Assassin's Creed III
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 12:13:37 AM »
I looked around a bit and it seems that it's CPU dependent.  Well, at least when you're rolling with an old Core 2 Duo.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Assassin's Creed III
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, September 13, 2018, 03:40:29 PM »
Assassin's Creed III: Remastered announced for PC, PS4, and X1:
https://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-3-remaster/

It will be remastered w/ AC3 base-game & all of the game's DLC's.
It will have improved "ergonomics" and "gameplay mechanics."

AC3:R can be bought as a stand-alone title or as part of the AC: Odyssey Season Pass.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Assassin's Creed III - Update: AC3 Old removed, Remaster now out (Reply 57)
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, April 07, 2019, 04:14:37 AM »
Digital Foundry looks at the AC3: Remaster and AC: Liberation HD (which comes w/ AC3R):
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-assassins-creed-3-remaster-analysis

There's a bunch of changes in AC3:R -  lighting, shadows, textures, resolution support, now you can do crafting (instead of just only buying weapons/items), mini-map gives more info, etc etc:

Digital Foundry on AC3 Remastered:

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #57 on: Monday, April 08, 2019, 04:46:44 AM »

AC3 has some interesting story bits but it was definitely one of the worst of the AC games. If you fixed the technical side of it, theres still a lot more to be fixed that they they fucked up on.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #58 on: Monday, April 08, 2019, 04:30:41 PM »
They'd need to fix Connor and overhaul him, to make him actually interesting. He was dull and often one-dimensional w/ wanting revenge, unfortunately.

The story was ridiculous. There's no way Connor would've showed-up at every major meeting and event that leads to eventually formation of the USA; and all of the major battles & events (Bunker Hill, Paul Revere Ride, Boston Tea Party) around it.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, May 25, 2019, 09:36:10 AM »
Eurogamer / Digital Foundry article on at the technical stuff for AC3 Remastered & AC: Liberation RM for The Switch:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-assassins-creed-3-remaster-switch-analysis

Eurogamer / DF video on AC3 Remastered & AC: Liberation RM for the Switch:
https://youtu.be/g-TbwwW90iY