Author Topic: Dead Island: Riptide -- Update: Free on Steam, go get it (Reply 6)  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Dead Island: Riptide -- Update: Reviews rolling in...and are all over the place.
« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 22, 2013, 04:16:56 PM »
A lot of disparity in the scores.. Much like the first one.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Dead Island: Riptide -- Update: Reviews rolling in...and are all over the place.
« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 22, 2013, 04:24:03 PM »
@Xessive

Yup. And from what I'm reading, watching, and hearing in this reviews - sounds like MORE Dead Island 1, basically.
Doesn't sound like a sequel here.
Sounds more like a "stand-alone expansion"; and/or maybe even a DLC here.

I'll wait for the inevitable price-drop. I can go for MORE Dead Island, but not at THAT kinda pricing...

I really would've liked for more story & character emphasis in a DI sequel - you know, like what that original amazing Dead Island 1 Trailer implied...

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 22, 2013, 04:27:56 PM »
I was hoping they would specifically address player complaints about the first and that they would improve upon the gameplay mechanics. Meh, still at $30 it's not a bad deal (base game price $40 then use a 25% off voucher at GMG).

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 22, 2013, 04:36:15 PM »
I was hoping they would specifically address player complaints about the first and that they would improve upon the gameplay mechanics.
Well, sure - they should've did that, too. :P

Since DI also has that Co-Op influence, maybe if they want all-out in the "lore route," they could get the story-depth & character-depth thing done properly.
I'm thinking the System Shock 2 and Bioshock route w/ tons of audio logs to listen to; and the Dishonored route w/ also all kinds of notes, books, & stuff to find in the game-world to read.

Meh, still at $30 it's not a bad deal (base game price $40 then use a 25% off voucher at GMG).
Would've been better if it was $30 initially...and then you use a 25% off voucher on GMG. :P
I'm still gonna wait on this thing.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2024, 12:15:22 PM »
Dead Island: Riptide - Definitive Edition (Remaster) is free right now to keep forever on Steam, so go get it:
-> https://store.steampowered.com/app/383180/Dead_Island_Riptide_Definitive_Edition/

You have until Feb. 15th to grab it - so go get it, while you can!