Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 27327 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Fallout 4
« on: Monday, August 20, 2012, 04:54:11 PM »
NEW -> 05-04-2016:
PC Gamer -> Fallout 4: Far Harbor DLC -- Info on it: this takes place in Maine & comes out May 19th.
YouTube -> Fallout 4: Far Harbor DLC -- Trailer.

OLD:
FO4 Season Pass/DLC Info.
Gaming Rebellion -> FO4: A Failure of Narrative Interactivity.
Eurogamer -> Fallout 4 Patch 1.02 for PS4 boosts performance.
Eurogamer -> FO4 Patch 1.02 - The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly with the patch for PS4 + X1.
Destructoid -> Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE) released by modders for FO4 PC.
VG 247 -> FO4 Map Mod.
PC Gamer -> FO4: Good Game, Bad RPG.
Kotaku -> Fallout 4 is not the Fallout fans fell in love with.
Kotaku -> FO4's User Interface Is Truly Terrible.
PC Gamer -> FO4 Beta Patch is now Live on Steam; back-up your saves before installing (if you plan to use the Beta Patch).
Quemaqua of OWNet's really well-written Fallout 4 PC review on Steam.
IGN -> Instructions on How To Install PC Mods for FO4.
Kotaku -> FO4 PC - Dialogue Fix Overhaul Mod.
VG 24/7 -> FO4 sold over $100 million in digital sales; 1.87 million copies sold in digital - 1.2 million of those digital sales were on Steam; The rest of the digital sales were on XB1 + PS4.
VG 24/7 -> Game-breaking bug found in FO4 - game crashes at Monsignor every time the player goes there.
Eurogamer + Digital Foundry -> What does it take to run Fallout 4 PC at 1080p60?
PC Gamer -> FO4 PC Config Mod released - allows for changing FoV; enabling/disabling God Rays, Mouse Acceleration, Framerate Locks, Compass, GamePad Support, etc; and other things.
Hard OCP -> A look at FO4 PC Performance + Image Quality.
NVidia -> FO4 PC Graphics Performance + Tweaking Guide (cached from Google).
TweakGuides -> Fallout 4 PC - AA, Tweaking, and Injecting Guide.
VG 247 -> Enhanced Wasteland Mod released w/ SweetFX Presets for FO4 PC.
Steam Community Guide -> Changing FO4 PC's FoV; 21:9 Resolution; Remove Mouse Acceleration; And More.
Nexus Mods -> Get the Enhanced Wasteland Mod here on Nexus.
GameSpot -> FO4 PC Ultra screens leaked out...which don't look too Ultra.
NeoGAF -> Where the FO4 PC "Ultra" screens + debate over the (lack of) technical quality is happening.
Bluesnews -> Bethesda confirms FO4 on all platforms will be able to be pre-loaded a few days before game's official launch.
PC Gamer -> FO4 PC from retail-box won't come w/ all the files on DVD-discs; you'll have to download the rest via Steam.
Bethesda.Net -> Fallout 4 PC system requirements are up.
GameSpot -> Id Software assisted + consulted with Bethesda for FO4's gameplay + gunplay.
Bethesda.Net -> Fallout 4 - Post Launch Plans -> Free Updates; DLC's / Season Pass; Mods + Creation Kit.
GameSpot -> Their thoughts on a FO4 demo they had behind closed doors from GamesCom 2015 - Bigger Battles, Better Shooting, Less Clunky
Polygon -> FO4 doesn't end after main quest + there's no level cap.
GamesRadar -> Their thoughts on FO4 from GamesCom 2015.
PC Gamer -> FO4 Trailer Breakdown
Youtube -> FO4 - Official Trailer.
Fallout Web Site -> Countdown on Fallout website w/ "Please Stand By"; could be FO4 announcement coming tomorrow.
PC Gamer -> Fallout 4 Rumour Round-Up.
GameSpot -> RUMOR: Fallout 4 from BethSoft might take place in Boston.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 18, 2016, 03:30:37 PM by MysterD »

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
Re: Fallout 4 --> Update - Countdown on Fallout website.
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, June 02, 2015, 09:47:59 PM »
I should play Fallout 3. I mean, I've got over a hundred hours in it I think, but never did the main story past the radio station. I mostly just cleared dungeons/buildings and hoarded the loot. I mistakingly played the game like a completionist and could never reach my quest destination because of the driving need to check and clear every. building. and. cave.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, June 02, 2015, 11:18:17 PM »
I think I put in multiple hundreds of hours into the better Bethesda games.  I completed them *and* I tried to find everything worthwhile.

I do want to see where this goes next.  Hopefully not online like Elder Scrolls.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, June 03, 2015, 03:27:57 AM »
I think I put in multiple hundreds of hours into the better Bethesda games.  I completed them *and* I tried to find everything worthwhile.

I do want to see where this goes next.  Hopefully not online like Elder Scrolls.

ESO was done by Zenimax Studios, not Bethesda.
ESO is also...quite mediocre, at best (and quite cliche + generic, as well) - which is unlike most of BethSoft's other RPG's (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3).

I hope FO4 isn't online-only.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 03, 2015, 06:59:48 AM »
This is real, apparently.

Shacknews

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, June 03, 2015, 07:16:10 AM »
And the reveal video goes live . . .

I have goosebumps all over now.  Wasn't expecting that reaction.  Please don't suck.  Please don't suck . . .

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, June 03, 2015, 10:23:50 AM »
Looks good. I guess because its basically not a secret at this point anymore, but its odd they didn't hold the reveal for their E3 conference.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, June 03, 2015, 11:10:31 AM »

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, June 03, 2015, 12:52:48 PM »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, June 03, 2015, 02:54:40 PM »
BOSTON FALLOUT!!!
Oh my freakin' God....

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, June 03, 2015, 02:55:23 PM »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 03:24:16 PM »
Yay! Though it looks a little ... more of Fallout 3. But that game was utterly amazing, so hopefully this will at least approach the same level of quality. Here's hoping!

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 05:16:09 PM »
Yay! Though it looks a little ... more of Fallout 3. But that game was utterly amazing, so hopefully this will at least approach the same level of quality. Here's hoping!

Honestly, this is what worries me.  I mean, it's not a bad thing by any means but I couldn't get into NV because it already felt a bit stale to me.  Maybe the games just aren't really my thing once the novelty of the mechanics has worn off.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 04:20:35 AM »
I'd be happy with just more of that universe with additional refinement on all fronts.  They've added some Minecraft-inspired crafting, which might be interesting.  All the junk that we collected in the previous games to sell for a bit of cash can now be used to create all sorts of things, like weapons and a home base complete with defenses.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #15 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 08:56:06 AM »
Yeah, I'd be totally happy with just more of the same but with an improved engine and refined/additional mechanics. Assuming they can keep the stories interesting. That to me was Fallout 3's biggest strength, the fact that I was more invested in the world and characters than I was in the gameplay. Even after I maxed my character out and had no statistical benefits to gain from playing (and had finished up the story), I just kept going because the adventures I got to have were so compelling. That's my hope for Fallout 4, but of course that's also something a lot of games never manage to do.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, August 06, 2015, 12:02:22 PM »
Polygon -> FO4 doesn't end after main quest + there's no level cap.

This is a major departure from the previous Fallout games, all of which had level caps. And it means that the experience players earn from side quests and other activities that they do after completing the main quest line will be worthwhile.

Bethesda said previously that it's revising the way enemy difficulty is scaled upward along with the player's level, a change that likely goes hand-in-hand with the removal of a level cap.

"We call it rubberbanding; we'll have an area [where enemies scale from] level 5 to 10, and then this area will be level 30 and above," Fallout 4 game director Todd Howard told Game Informer at E3.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Fallout 4 --> Update - No level cap + the game continues after Main Quest
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, August 06, 2015, 03:58:49 PM »
Borderlands-y sort of thing?  As long as I'm still getting stronger vs the world as I level up, I'm OK with it.  Just don't go overboard like BL2 in UVHM.  Leveling up there was a punishment.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #18 on: Friday, August 07, 2015, 04:30:18 AM »
Well, with Fallout 3 the game ended and locked you out. People were pissed. Bethesda eventually patched it and gave you the option to continue playing after the main campaign ended.

It only makes sense that they wouldn't repeat the mistake with Fallout 4.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: Friday, August 07, 2015, 07:22:20 AM »
Oh, yeah.  Brotherhood of Steel (iirc) Broken Steel brought in the continued open-ended gameplay for after the story ended in FO3.  Good stuff.  That wasn't my concern.  My concern is a style of leveling where everything gets harder as you level up.  Borderlands 2 does this in Ultra Vault-Hunter mode.  Absolutely everything levels up with you instantly, and enemies gain a bit on you each level.  All of the uber-gear you worked long to put together becomes obsolete within 3 levels, and you need to discard it in favor of whatever you find lying around.  That is why I called leveling in BL2 UVHM a punishment.  That is what I don't want to see in FO4.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #20 on: Friday, August 07, 2015, 11:12:09 AM »
Oh, yeah.  Brotherhood of Steel (iirc) Broken Steel brought in the continued open-ended gameplay for after the story ended in FO3.  Good stuff.  That wasn't my concern.  My concern is a style of leveling where everything gets harder as you level up.  Borderlands 2 does this in Ultra Vault-Hunter mode.  Absolutely everything levels up with you instantly, and enemies gain a bit on you each level.  All of the uber-gear you worked long to put together becomes obsolete within 3 levels, and you need to discard it in favor of whatever you find lying around.  That is why I called leveling in BL2 UVHM a punishment.  That is what I don't want to see in FO4.
Oh yeah, the scaled leveling. That stuff was annoying in Oblivion, thank God for modders. I think they also had it in Skyrim with level brackets.

What was really annoying though is the level scaling on the rewards and equipment. If you found an epic weapon early on it would have specs that match your current low level and become obsolete in no time at all. Some modders have made mods that try to alleviate the problem by either allowing you to respawn the item or they make the weapons automatically scale up with the player.

I really hope they don't implement that in Fallout 4.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, September 09, 2015, 07:54:09 AM »
Bethesda.Net -> Fallout 4 - Post Launch Plans.

-> Season Pass -> includes ALL DLC's for Fallout 4 period = $30
-> Mod + Creation Kit = Coming in Early 2016.
-> Free Regular Updates will be done...just like Skyrim had with likely with new tweaks, features, etc.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline ender

Re: Fallout 4 -> Update: Id Software consulted + assisted on gameplay & gunplay
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, September 20, 2015, 09:01:33 PM »
I just get more and more excited for this to come out everyday.

Perfect release time, when it gets cold outside nothing better than a super in-depth RPG.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, September 20, 2015, 10:12:56 PM »
Too much.  There is just too much.  Good problem to have, I guess.  So many recent and upcoming must-plays.  I'm not sure what will have my attention come November.  FO4 will figure into the near future somehow.  :)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #25 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 01:56:32 PM »
I wish I was excited about this, but I don't care at all. I'm kind of tired of the setting, and everything they've shown so far just looks like more FO3. Which is totally fine, don't get me wrong ... but I could just go play FO3 again. It's been forever and I never fully finished it off. I basically played none of the DLC.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #26 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 03:08:24 PM »
I've actually started playing New Vegas for the first time in preparation for this. I honestly can't wait enough for it.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 02:50:56 AM »
I liked New Vegas--bugs, glitches and all.  I may still have that installed.  FO3 I'd have to reinstall to play.  But like I said, I have way too much on the gaming plate already.  I doubt I'll take any time to relive this past.

Offline ender

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 10:48:41 AM »
Yeah, I thought New Vegas was pretty fantastic. I think some of the quests were really fun and combat heavy, it felt a little more fun in areas than Fallout 3.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 05:24:48 AM »
New Vegas is so good.  IMO much better than FO3 for a myriad of reasons.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 06:52:21 PM »
New Vegas is so good.  IMO much better than FO3 for a myriad of reasons.

I thought FO3 was great b/c Bethesda basically revamped + revolutionized how a modern-day Fallout game could play, feel, and work.

FO:NV just took everything that was great from FO3 and expanded on it quite a damn bit. Obsidian added way more choices/decision-making to it; and brought in better storytelling + narrative stuff; and brought back the more of the humor the old Black Isle Fallouts were known for.

Both of those games are great.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 07:44:58 PM »
Yea I'm getting pretty hooked on it. I'm actually a little surprised on how well the visuals hold up. The interior stuff looks a bit rough now, but the outside fallout landscape still looks pretty. I am encountering some bugs and a nasty forever loading screen, but I found some stability mods and it seems to be working good now. VATS still feels pretty broken however, I remember there being some jank to it but not this bad, like it's actually broken. If your targeting hit chance is 95%, it can still miss every single time if the opponent simply moves making the whole point of VATS, well, pointless. So I simply avoid any traits that have anything to do with VATS. Anyway I'm falling in love with Fallout all over again, fuck the Legion, it's all about the NCR law.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, October 08, 2015, 09:22:43 AM »
Fallout 4 PC system requirements are up

PC Systems Requirements (Requires Internet Connection and Free Steam Account to Activate)

Minimum
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

Recommended
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Fallout 4 -> Update: "Ultra" screens for FO4 PC leaked; doesn't look too "Ultra"
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, November 04, 2015, 08:59:18 AM »
I swear people will take the time to complain about literally anything. The screens look fucking fine, jeesus.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Fallout 4 -> Update: "Ultra" screens for FO4 PC leaked; doesn't look too "Ultra"
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, November 04, 2015, 09:30:26 AM »
Totally agree.  The look of modern videogames is the least thing to complain about in this industry.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, November 04, 2015, 06:07:12 PM »
This game better run at 1080p 60FPS with no drops ever what-so-ever, if this is the actual technical graphics (lack of) quality on FO4 PC @ Ultra. There better be all kinds of expensive graphical AA settings + Super-Sampling in this engine, to make this thing look technically worthwhile.

I'll probably have inject some ENB + SweetFX, if this is how it's actually going to look out-the-box.

Probably also going to have go into the NVidia Control Panel and jack some of their settings way the hell up, also.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, November 04, 2015, 06:14:36 PM »
So guys, how do we know people are complaining? I went to the link D posted and 95% of the comments are from people impressed.

I think the only one complaining is D. :p

That being said, they look OK to me for 'ultra'. The dog looks weird. But these Bethesda games to me look better in motion. Also, the mods are what really set them apart.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, November 04, 2015, 06:22:30 PM »
So guys, how do we know people are complaining? I went to the link D posted and 95% of the comments are from people impressed.

I think the only one complaining is D. :p

That being said, they look OK to me for 'ultra'. The dog looks weird. But these Bethesda games to me look better in motion. Also, the mods are what really set them apart.

It shouldn't be up to modders to basically "fix" Bethesda low-res' texture quality with every damn game b/c they have to make sure they get this game to work + run nicely for these hardware-weak consoles. I remember back when Morrowind looked great for a RPG technically on the PC; long gone are those days, for sure.

While we did get higher-res textures officially for Skyrim PC, will we get any for FO4? If this is what FO4 PC is going to look like technically - meh. I really hope they have some higher-res textures laying around and give them to us.

Yeah, we know it's going to happen w/ modders making new textures  - as there'll probably be a billion mods for this thing. It's a Bethesda game, for crying out loud. It's inevitable.

Also, Bethesda's animations have always been "meh" to me. They are often janky, stuff, and weird. Characters always seemed to run and jump kind of odd in their games - especially your char in 3rd person. They certainly ain't Assassin's Creed smooth. Probably one of the problems of still constantly + upgrading that old GameByro engine.

Also, the FO4 HUD and text looks too big for the PC, as well. Meh. Hopefully, it's re-sizable. It's not like Bethesda ever really did great Inventory UI and HUD's on the PC - it always took SkyUI (for Skyrim), DarnUI (for Oblivion), or some mod to basically fix their shit.