Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt  (Read 52879 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, July 17, 2016, 07:31:48 AM »
Damn it, you guys w/ your W3 talk - I'm gonna have to (finally) play this game some more soon...

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, July 17, 2016, 11:06:55 AM »
Any time, dude.

If you're playing on PC there are shader mods that can help you tune the game's colours to your liking.

Unfortunately, on consoles you're limited but I believe there are some settings in the game options that could help. The only other alternative is to play with your TV picture settings (or make a profile e.g. Cinema, Game, or Sports mode if you have a SmartTV).

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, July 17, 2016, 01:27:48 PM »
My options are very limited.  I am on a console, and my TV doesn't have advanced color-correction controls.  The best I can do (and have done) is use the coolest color-temperature setting.  That takes away much of the excessive green, but also brings down the reds.  Whites turn a bit bluish.  I've also taken the saturation down a fair amount.  I'd kill for proper individual RGB adjustments right now.  At least the settings are saved individually for each input source, so other connected devices (like this PC I'm typing on) don't get their look messed up.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 11:31:54 AM »
Despite the extremely overdone color and contrast, and resulting depressed low-light visibility, Blood and Wine is brilliant.  I suppose it helps that I get into the whole Boorman's Excalibur, chivalric-knights atmosphere that permeates it.  Even without this tilt, the story and all the different consequences of the player's actions are, I think, without peer.  Its world is gorgeously realized, from the scenery to the characters.  It is so magnificently well-crafted.  Shame that the underlying mechanics and software tech are in need of so much spit and polish.  Nothing worse than the vanilla game's problems, though.  I lived with them then, and managed to live with them here again.

Anyone who likes TW3 absolutely needs to play this.  I played Hearts of Stone and B&W in quick succession, and while HoS is good, it's absolutely dwarfed in both quality and quantity by B&W.  I do recommend playing both for the unique expansions to crafting and abilities.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 03:27:38 PM »
New promo from GOG:
https://www.gog.com/news/own_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_on_pc_or_console_claim_a_free_copy_with_gog_galaxy_20

Own a copy of Witcher 3 on Steam, Xbox or Playstation?
Get the GOG PC version for me.

Download GOG Galaxy to your PC.
Connect your account that owns W3 (Steam, Xbox or PS) to GOG Galaxy 2.0.
Then you will have the GOG DRM-FREE version.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #206 on: Friday, December 16, 2022, 04:21:58 PM »
Witcher 3: Complete Edition Update (aka Next-Gen Patch Update) is now out.

On GOG, looks like it straight-up replaced the GOTY Edition w/ now the new Complete Edition.
Old version (before GOTY) still is there.

Hope you guys backed-up your older versions and move them away from Steam or GOG's folder to recognize them.
Performance is a mess for many; especially w/ RT On.

GameSpot on this mess - https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-witcher-3s-big-new-gen-update-is-broken-causing-crashes-and-performance-issues/1100-6510024/

Forbes too - https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/12/14/the-witcher-3-remastered-performance-is-cyberpunk-launch-level-bad-on-pc-right-now/?sh=57dc720c52b0

This update runs like utter trash on my 8gb VRAM RTX 3070 PC. Stutters everywhere; frame-time's have to be a mess. None of the metric tools like MSI Afterburner work either - so can't tell on that either.  What a mess.

Looks great, yes - but those stutters got to go. Probably would be fine, if they can iron out the stutter-fest.

Ridiculous system requirements released for this one, too - https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/system-requirements

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #207 on: Friday, December 16, 2022, 04:47:20 PM »
From what I'm gathering online on Steam and GOG Forums.

Supposedly, instead of using DX12 files legit - they (CDPR) used a DX11-to-12 Wrapper, which likely is the culprit for poor performance. Usually, call interpretation (and emulation of that sort) is often fine for OLD games b/c this kind of overhead won't be noticed & taxing...b/c at that time, your system's usually much-much more powerful.

Well, looks like W3: Next-Gen, they (CDPR) went the fast-route to develop this Next-Gen Patch and used a wrapper, which is causing all of the problems here.

Of course, having RT added on top and Global Illumination as options won't help most, as those are insane performance killers as is...unless you have 3000 or 4000 cards. And many w/ those cards, like myself, are having issues here.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #208 on: Monday, December 19, 2022, 11:25:30 AM »
Oof, well that's disappointing.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2022, 08:28:08 AM »
A patch recently improved the performance and also basically stopped most of the constant stutters, but it still performs pretty "bleh" on my PC with RT On.

With RT Off, it looks good and runs decently mostly at 50-60fps - but, RT is a game-changer; looks amazing. It's too bad...optimization's awful here. Hope they can get it down, as there are some places in cities where it tanks to 10-20fps even at times.

Might be best for many...just to stick w/ old versions until they optimize it or better hardware is out there...if anyone could afford it. [shrug]

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #210 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2022, 08:28:33 AM »
Digital Foundry looks at W3: Next-Gen: