Author Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division -- Update: Free Weekend starts May 4th  (Read 4111 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Tom Clancy's The Division -> PC version announced.
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 15, 2014, 04:57:01 PM »

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Tom Clancy's The Division -> Delayed until 2015
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 16, 2014, 03:16:57 AM »
This thread is full of people who are upset.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 16, 2014, 09:29:58 AM »
Haha!

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 16, 2014, 12:08:47 PM »

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 20, 2014, 05:16:23 AM »
This thread is full of people who are upset.

I'm upset, just a little though. I love MMOs, almost always have one that I'm playing. I also love shooters. This is an MMO shooter that is supposedly going to not be the "walk for 10 minutes then get shot at the beginning of a 100v100 fight and run back" that Planetside 2 is.

If it came out later this year though, I might have had to juggle it and Destiny. (we'll see how much MMO that one is, they've avoiding the term though, and instead calling it a "connected" and "social" experience.)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Tom Clancy's The Division -> Rumor: PC version being downgraded graphically?!?!?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 07:26:24 AM »
I can't say I'm shocked, it's Ubisoft afterall. They did it with Far Cry 3 and Watch_Dogs.

Fortunately those games turned out good overall. The gravest sin I've seen so far was Aliens: Colonial Marines, where the difference between the E3 demo and the final product were blatant.

This bad habit needs to go away. I understand that we, as an audience, shouldn't assume that a gameplay trailer is an accurate depiction of a yet to be released game (and we really need to cut down on pre-ordering) but at the same time developers and publsihers should not be parading footage that doesn't represent the actual gameplay, it's false advertising.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
Re: Tom Clancy's The Division -> Rumor: PC version being downgraded graphically?!?!?
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 11:19:25 AM »
I've been assuming there would be a downgrade, especially after the whole Watch Dogs thing. I mean, I'm sure it won't look terrible. Game will still be fun even if it's a little less pretty than the ridiculous goodness we've been seeing so far.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 12:50:53 PM »
I have no idea how this game will turn out, but this is the best trailer for a game I've ever seen.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, February 20, 2016, 06:33:14 PM »
Anyone been testing this out this weekend during the Free Open Beta?

I'm digging this. Been playing it alone pretty much, even though it's online-required at all times.

I can see why this game has No NDA's and an Open Beta Test - this game is pretty good. Even at 1080p on PC here on Medium, it looks quite good + runs quite well at this setting; the game's action & combat both feels and looks great; and really digging the immersion factor in this WarZone out in NYC during this Outbreak.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
Re: Tom Clancy's The Division
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, February 20, 2016, 07:42:12 PM »
I think this is the 3rd beta I've played? I'm liking the game a lot, but having done the beta content a few times, I'm ready for more. This weekend was nice because they added another mission, the one to unlock the tech wing. Still haven't played it much in the past couple days because I'm also playing the Black Desert Online beta, and I've played the Division enough to know I want the full game, still need some time with BDO.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Tom Clancy's The Division
« Reply #14 on: Monday, July 04, 2016, 10:28:12 AM »
The Division is on sale (Weekly Discount) on the PSN Store.

But I noticed one really weird thing: the screenshots are not from the actual game. They're from the 2014 E3 demo that everyone loved. That's a blatant misrepresentation.