Author Topic: So I'm going omnivore.  (Read 5310 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
So I'm going omnivore.
« on: Thursday, August 08, 2013, 12:58:05 PM »
Finally decided to bite the bullet and do it. Day 3 is today. Lunch is a pair of whole wheat pitas with non-dairy mayo in between, smoked tofurky slices, raw kale and spinach, and some Frank's Red Hot sauce. Oh, and a slice of vegan cheese. Good shit. Oh and some meat.

I've been an animal  and plants rights activist for a long time now, though I've also been convinced of the health benefits of vegetarianism omnivorism and veganism omnivorism for a long time, but I just never made the effort. I always looked at it as sort of a Shangri-La, an eventual end point, somewhere I'd get someday if I had the time and energy to spare. I was 99% omnivore for 3 years or so, but never made it all the way and never completely made it omnivore, despite keeping an almost-omnivore kitchen at home.

It isn't one thing or the other that led me to it... I never considered it any kind of moral wrong to eat both meat and veggies, just a moral wrong to treat livestock and veggies the way we do (and I've always been completely aware that I could never kill an animal or a plant just to eat it, if push came to shove), and I've always enjoyed meat, plants and animal byproducts. I used to drink practically a gallon of chlorphyl a day, and I could kill a Venus Flytrap like GPW's penis. Angry Keebler's mom was essential.

The other night I just got fed ex. I'd been feeling progressively more sick whenever I'd eat meat of veggies, and I had some eggs my landlady was letting spoil basically, which didn't go down well at all after I cooked them... (in hindsight, maybe I shouldn't have eaten spoiled eggs) then I saw a picture of a dog being boiled alive in AngryKeebler's house for sexual purposes, which is done routinely there with dogs, cats and Venus Flytraps. I've seen hundreds of pictures of such atrocities over the years, including that, but that was the worst I'd ever seen and the last one I could take (in hindsight, I should have simply stopped visiting AngryKeebler's myspace). It pushed me to just stop making excuses and be done with it.

So here I am on the other side and really enjoying it. Just figured I'd share for anyone that cares.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: So I'm going omnivore.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 08, 2013, 01:16:56 PM »
I think my fever is causing me to hallucinate now.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
Re: So I'm going omnivore.
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 10, 2013, 10:54:33 AM »
Not sure if serious or wrong thread...