Author Topic: MH370  (Read 6472 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
MH370
« on: Sunday, March 09, 2014, 10:14:45 AM »
This has been so creepy. When I woke up and my wife told me I knew a plane had been missing, I knew the plane had crashed somewhere, especially after I learned that it had stopped contacting 1 hour into its flight.

I find the whole thing disturbing. New reports suggest the plane turned around according to radar, but there was no contact.

Now it turns out two people were traveling with stolen passports of different countries, but the tickets for these two passports were bought together. Imagine dying like that.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: MH370
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 09, 2014, 11:23:30 AM »
What bugs me the most is that the media are just about suggesting it was terrorism.  The fact is that no one has a clue yet as to what the hell went wrong.  For one thing, no one has claimed responsibility for a heinous act (afaik).  Terrorists want recognition and attention, and my guess is they'd be all over this with credible reveals if they brought down an airliner.  For another, stolen identities and documents happen all the time.  Bringing a lot of scrutiny into this passenger list is going to reveal anomalies that a hurried check at a less-than-stellar airport never would.  For yet another, this plane had one wing partly broken off when it clipped another aircraft at an airport.  How good were the repairs?

There is so much that is unknown at this point that to even plant a seed of terrorism fear in people's minds is completely irresponsible of the media.  Yet that is exactly what they are doing with their constant insinuations.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 09, 2014, 11:51:24 AM »
Well said Cobra. We have no idea what happened. Apparently it is very common for people to travel with stolen identities.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 01:41:50 AM »
So the terrorist link can be ruled out for now. The two stolen passports were used by two Persian kids who just wanted to immigrate to Europe basically. They didn't specifically pick these flights either and just wanted something cheap to travel.

So quite messed up. Not a trace of this place. Similar incident with the Air France plane a few years ago, and that plane did leave many traces and called for help I believe.

Hmmm.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 03:12:03 AM »
I need to stop following this so intently. I've had nightmares recently with my wife and I in plane crashes. It is incredible that they found nothing yet. I feel so sorry for everyone involved.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 07:09:24 AM »
That isn't healthy, Pug.  Don't obsess over this.  You mentioned Air France, meaning flight 447, I'm sure.  Are you going to put yourself through years of worry over the Malaysia mystery, if it comes to that again?  It's not that I don't care.  I'm as curious as anyone.  But until new details surface, I'm not going to dwell on it.  We're powerless, and that's not our fault.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 08:47:21 AM »
Pretty sure there's no way this plane isn't at the bottom of the ocean somewhere.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 01:02:30 PM »
haha yeah my wife told me it isn't healthy. I've stopped following it now. :P

This blog I wrote was the last of it:

http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/21411/9-things-you-should-know-about-the-missing-malaysian-flight-mh370/

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, March 15, 2014, 06:09:55 PM »
Pug, that's sort of what I've felt because of the situation in Ukraine. Just have this continuing angst about the whole thing.