Author Topic: Captain America: Winter Soldier  (Read 6035 times)

Offline PyroMenace

Captain America: Winter Soldier
« on: Friday, April 04, 2014, 09:07:47 PM »
I was expecting good but wasn't expecting it to be the best Marvel movie to date so far, because it is, well I'm not sure if it beats Avengers but it easily rivals it though some are already saying it is better. It's even a good movie standing on it's own, as a spy movie and as an action movie. It keeps itself pretty grounded given how much the Marvel movies have expanded to sci-fi/fantasy territory and it is more serious than I'd say all of them, but still has room some quick wit here and there. The fighting choreography is some of the best I've seen and the villains feel more genuine and fleshed out. If you aren't into the Marvel stuff at this point and don't really care, then I would at least recommend seeing this one out of any of them, otherwise if you are a fan then you will not be disappointed.

Offline PyroMenace

Re: Captain America: Winter Soldier
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 09:23:40 PM »
Come guys, you need to see this one! I want to discuss super hero stuff! I think I'm gonna try and catch it again this upcoming week.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 13, 2014, 11:39:46 PM »
I really wanna watch it.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 07:31:25 AM »
I saw it yesterday.  It was pretty good.  I still am not a huge fan of the Captain America character in general or the actor that plays him, but overall the movie was really well done.

And Scarlett Johansson... :P

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 07:38:36 AM »
Scarlett is really well done too, but I don't need to see the movie to know that.  :)

I'm sure I'll watch this eventually.  I don't go to movie theaters anymore, like ever.  So I'll have to wait a bit.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 08:48:32 PM »
Meh. I was a little disappointed to be honest after the hype. It wasn't bad and the action scenes were badass... but The Winter Soldier looked like a giant emo kid and the film didn't have the soul of the first Cap. movie.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 11:59:53 PM »
Idol, unleash thy ban stick pls.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 21, 2014, 09:42:27 AM »
Meh. I was a little disappointed to be honest after the hype. It wasn't bad and the action scenes were badass... but The Winter Soldier looked like a giant emo kid and the film didn't have the soul of the first Cap. movie.
I hated the first movie.  As much as I love Hugo Weaving for his work in the The Matrix series and V For Vendetta, I just could not buy into that villain at all.  I just could not get over his appearance.  Some things that may work in comic books just don't translate to a semi-realistic movie, IMO.  I know it seems hypocritical given characters like The Hulk and Thor, but I just could not stand the overly mean-looking and overdeveloped skull thing.  Yes, I know the character is Red Skull but they should have left him in the pages of the comics.  He's just dumb.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 26, 2014, 10:59:55 PM »
I didn't mind the first one. The red skull was originally conceived as a sadistic guy that wore a red skull mask after being recruited by hitler to lead his fear campaign. I think he later went got into the supernatural stuff to try to overthrow hitler. Anyway, they changed it around to where his attempt at making the super soldier serum turned him into what he is now which seems to be growing into a over used plot device in the movies, like the Hulk movie, and Im pretty sure its gonna be the same with those 2 characters that were shown at the credits scene. Which is funny because they are actual characters from the X-Men comics as mutants, but since Fox owns the movie franchise rights to that, they have to remake them for the Marvel movies.