Author Topic: Does the Apple Store carry older accessories?  (Read 8656 times)

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Does the Apple Store carry older accessories?
« on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 09:08:46 AM »
I have a 2011 MacBook Pro and my dog chewed the charging wire a couple years ago. I thought about going to the Apple Store today and getting a replacement, but I know Apple changed the magsafe connector since this model.  Will they have an older charging model at the store?

And do I need to make an appointment?

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: Re: Does the Apple Store carry older accessories?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 09:32:29 AM »
Nevermind. I found out that they do have them and you can order online for in-store pickup.

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
Re: Does the Apple Store carry older accessories?
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 10:28:15 AM »
Yeah, it is best to order it online or for in-store pickup. Usually they don't have anything in stock that isn't current.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: Does the Apple Store carry older accessories?
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 06:30:29 PM »
They had the power adapter I need.  Apparently it's still in use for the new 13" MacBook Pros.  Oh, and mine was a mid-2009, not a 2011.

It's funny, they have these iPhones with some sort of attachment that does scanning, credit card swipes, and has a PIN pad on the back.  Pretty cool.  They use them for everything.

The guy tried to scan my pickup code in the email on my Moto X.  He made some sort of comment like "We always have trouble scanning codes on Android phones".  Well, it's just your company buddy because it works everywhere else.