Author Topic: Valkyria Chronicles coming to PC  (Read 2493 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Valkyria Chronicles coming to PC
« on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 08:12:39 PM »

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Valkyria Chronicles coming to PC
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 09:53:36 PM »
This is a great game to bring to the PC.  Good job SEGA.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 10:19:54 PM »
I remember having this game on my wish list for the PS3 at one point.  I may end up getting it now.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 10:34:32 PM »
Fantastic game. I wish I'd been able to finish it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Re: Valkyria Chronicles coming to PC
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 12:18:22 AM »
Fantastic game. I wish I'd been able to finish it.
I agree with this.  I still have it, maybe I'll give it another shot

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 04:42:38 AM »
I didn't realize you could save mid-mission and failed a mission a couple times and kept starting over. It just killed my desire to play any more even though it wasn't really the game's fault. That was dumb. It's been long enough now I could probably go back, and I still have it.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 30, 2014, 10:30:23 AM »
Do you like paying for things well before you actually get them? Well good news! Preorder is up on Steam for $17.99.

EDIT: GetGamesGo has the preorder for $15.

EDIT2: $14.04 on GreenManGaming with code SLICKD-EALS22-OFFGMG

Its all Steam keys so save some money, yo.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 30, 2014, 12:35:18 PM by idolminds »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 30, 2014, 05:23:50 PM »
Do you like paying for things well before you actually get them? Well good news! Preorder is up on Steam for $17.99.

No, no, no!
I'm gonna wait to see the reviews and gamer-opinions.
And especially since this is a console-port, I'll wait to see if it'll be stuck in 720p (i.e. see Deadly Premonition PC, Dark Souls PC, and especially Final Fantasy XIII PC).

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 30, 2014, 11:57:42 PM »
I have the game sitting on my shelf and am almost tempted to buy it again.  But its really amazing how the whole pre-ordering thing still works out for games.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Valkyria Chronicles coming to PC
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 12:56:12 AM »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 05:25:10 AM »
Looks great! Buzz seems positive so far as well. Only bummer for me is that the PC version doesn't have Japanese support. It does include the option for original Japanese voice acting, like the PS3 did, but Steam doesn't have anything but the NA port as far as interface and subtitles. I know nobody else cares but me, but ... shut up.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 09:51:42 PM »
So, I bought this.  It was $20 and even though I own it, I tried to start up from where I was and just couldn't - had no idea what was going on anymore.  I remember getting pissed at the game for some reason when I stopped playing (I remember some of the mechanics being a lot less fun once you got into heavy tank battles, but whatever, I could have been going about everything wrong).   I figured I'd buy it to A.) Support SEGA doing quality ports of old games and B.) Support SEGA bringing back the franchise.   Hell, I bought the game for like $9.99 the first time anyways, so that's $30 for a great game.

The port is good.  It doesn't run well on my PC, but it's good.   It's strange, because I checked into that and I exceed the minimum requirements by far and also exceed the recommended in everything but CPU (which I miss by about 200 mhz).  Everything went fine until the second battle, and the framerate just dropped to about 20fs.  Not a big deal BUUUUUUT I think it's still coded so that a drop in the framerate drops the game speed (I don't know what this is called).  So the whole game slows down.  Still totally playable, but it slows.  There are WAAAAAY bigger battles out there and I don't think that would go so well.

I'm going to stick to the PS3.  I'm sure newer hardware runs this great, and it could even be a mixture of my specific card and cpu or something, but the experience for me is still better on the console.  I was also hoping that I'd be able to play it on my notebook and Steam Cloud my save back to my PC but it doesn't look all that likely.

I looked around right before buying it and people were saying it was running great on lower hardware than mine (Core2duo E6750 @ 2.67 ATI 5770), so this could just be a specific problem for me or they maybe didn't venture past the first battle (which ran buttery smooth).  Just buyer beware a bit if you're skirting the specs. 

But now I want to play the game again.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 10:10:49 PM »
IGNORE THAT.

It's Vsync.  Vsync is broken.  Shit runs like a dream, just turn that off.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: Monday, December 01, 2014, 02:19:13 AM »
CAN'T PLAY IT.  I got like 10 hours in.  I loved it.  And then the anime got to me, man.  I really want to like the game so badly, but I just can't put up with the rest of it. 

Damn it