Author Topic: Overwatch: new IP from Blizzard  (Read 24687 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Overwatch: new IP from Blizzard
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, April 16, 2017, 06:31:32 PM »
I had a scary moment when trying to launch the game it kept telling me "no compatible graphics hardware found", thought a quick reinstall of my graphics drivers fixed it. I need my loot boxes, yo.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 07:27:49 PM »
That would terrify me until I realized I still had Rocket League installed.

But in all seriousness, I need to play some more. I need to write a thing for Pug. I am flailing so much right now. My life is an overwhelming sea of things to do and hours that seem to disappear before my eyes.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #162 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 10:24:50 AM »
I actually appreciated this

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #163 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 11:25:49 AM »
Thats some next level play.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #164 on: Monday, April 24, 2017, 07:26:42 PM »
That is amazing.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #166 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 11:17:05 AM »
Thats cool, and will be during the anniversary event.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 10:58:01 PM »
Anniversary event is live!

Want those Genji and D.va skins for sure.

There isn't really any new game mode for this event, but they did make some updates to the arena (1v1 and 3v3). First off they added 3 new maps so you're no longer stuck on boring Antarctica all the time. In addition they have adjusted how the modes play out. 1v1 used to have both players spawn as the same randomly chosen hero. Now a random selection of 3 heroes is presented to both players (each player sees the same 3 options) and then you choose who to play from those. This makes for some interesting rounds as you have to decide how good you are with each hero and how well it plays against potentially any of the others.

3v3 is now running "lockout", which is also cool. Same general setup, two teams of 3 select whatever heroes they want and kill each other. But now the team that wins a round will have those 3 heroes locked out for the rest of the game. This forces teams to be a bit more well rounded as you can't rely on a killer Widowmaker or Roadhog player to stomp the whole game. Soon as you win a round with those characters you have to switch, and since the losing team doesn't have that same restriction it gives you at least a little information for the next round. Oh they won one with Widowmaker, now we don't have to worry about her potentially sniping us in the next round.

I don't normally play those modes because I feel like I'm not good enough for them, but I did play them today to get loot boxes. Winning the 1v1 was thrilling.

I got lucky on my Hanzo rounds, but I'll take it.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #168 on: Friday, September 07, 2018, 05:25:39 PM »
Overwatch is the lead game/early unlock for the October Humble Bundle Monthly for $12, in case anyone doesn't have this yet.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, November 10, 2018, 06:22:45 AM »
Eurogamer - Overwatch on all platforms will force a full-blown redownload/reinstall w/ its next patch/update:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-10-the-next-big-overwatch-patch-forces-a-full-reinstall

Overwatch (PC/consoles) is getting a major overhaul on the back-end for client revamping & load time fixing.
Substantial changes & update incoming, so they aren't patching over the old files.
Expect a 30GB re-download at the very least.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #170 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 01:43:19 AM »
I went from really enjoying the hell out of this game to never wanting to ever play it again in a pretty short span of time. I think it's a great game with a lot going for it, and it also left a bad taste in my mouth after like 350 hours or something and I don't think I'll ever so much as look at it again. Sure got my money's worth, though.

Bummer about major redownload, but also means they probably changed stuff that's actually worth fixing and redownloading for. Good that they're taking care of the game, even if redownloads are real shitty in a world with data caps.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #171 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 07:21:07 PM »
Good thing I just redownloaded the game like 3 days ago. sigh....

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #172 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 08:19:03 PM »
I went from really enjoying the hell out of this game to never wanting to ever play it again in a pretty short span of time. I think it's a great game with a lot going for it, and it also left a bad taste in my mouth after like 350 hours or something and I don't think I'll ever so much as look at it again. Sure got my money's worth, though.

Bummer about major redownload, but also means they probably changed stuff that's actually worth fixing and redownloading for. Good that they're taking care of the game, even if redownloads are real shitty in a world with data caps.

Yeah, but we played the hell out of that game.  It was kind of destined to go this way as it got more competitive, etc. 

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #173 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 11:51:53 PM »
Yeah, for sure. But we really did have some great times for a good while there.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 05:02:48 PM »
I got this recently in one of those HB Monthlies. Played it almost every time it had Free Weekend, until I got it in the HBM.

Awesome TF2-like shooter.

Runs great here on my PC, too - at 155fps or so w/ G-Sync on my monitor. Incredible.