Author Topic: Guardians of the Galaxy  (Read 5506 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Guardians of the Galaxy
« on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 02:02:39 PM »
So I just realized there was no there here on the film. Shocking! This was a fabulous film. Loved it! It seems right up OW's alley. How many of you have seen it?

Offline PyroMenace

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy
« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 02:24:22 PM »
I saw it in theaters, and it comes out on bluray pretty soon... I can't say I have been so excited to watch a movie again in a long time.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 03:03:26 PM »
I just love the soundtrack. We have it running in the house a lot when the wife is painting. :D

It is probably the best Marvel film.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 03:44:59 PM »
I need to watch this again.  Everyone talks about how great it was, and I thought it was quite entertaining, but wasn't so awestruck by it.  Maybe I was distracted.  I've been going through a lot of that lately.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 10:43:19 PM »
Cobra I enjoyed it and thought it was really great, but some reviewers exaggerated and said it was like watching A New Hope when it debuted. It was very good but I don't think it was nearly as good as *that*.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 30, 2014, 09:18:50 AM »
I still need to see it.

The WatchMojo channel on YouTube had this rated the #3 sci-fi movie of the 2010's  Granted, it's only been five years, but that's some pretty strong praise as there have been quite a few great sci-fi movies lately.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, November 30, 2014, 11:40:55 AM »
You should watch it. The soundtrack is also quite memorable, especially for our generation since that music probably holds more meaning for us.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, November 30, 2014, 03:30:56 PM »
I need to watch this again.  Everyone talks about how great it was, and I thought it was quite entertaining, but wasn't so awestruck by it.  Maybe I was distracted.  I've been going through a lot of that lately.
I feel exactly the same way.   I saw it a week ago and thought it was a good movie and definitely one of the best Marvel movies but everything I've heard about it kind of made it out to be more.    I'll give it another go when I'm not with the girlfriend