Author Topic: John Wick  (Read 6166 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
John Wick
« on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 02:09:42 PM »
Holy fuck is this movie badass. Keanu Reeves hasn't had many interesting roles since The Matrix, but this movie is so amazing. The action is beautifully choreographed and the self-aware humor is just great.

Go watch it guys. Full recommendation.

Offline PyroMenace

Re: John Wick
« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 02:26:41 PM »
Haven't seen it yet, however the plot seems to run in line with a theme of 2 other movies with Denzel Washington, and Liam Neeson. John Wick looks to be the best of all of those though.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 02:41:13 PM »
Haven't even heard of this one. Haven't seen Keanu Reeves in quite some time now, started to wonder what happened to him.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 03:02:30 PM »
Halfway through the film I was wondering if it was based on some graphic novel. It is a typical revenge tale but they do as much as they can to spice it up. For example, everyone in this film knows that assassins exist and they all are like some club. They have their own hotel and even the neighborhood cops know who they are. Funny enough, but they are accepted almost like handymen.

Anyway, yeah it seems like The Equalizer or Taken, but I'd definitely watch this rather than those two. The action choreography is fantastic.

Que, he also directed a martial arts film which wasn't bad (Man of Tai Chi). Was also in a film called 47 Ronin. I think you would like 47 Ronin since you are interested in Japanese culture and it has some nice visualization of Japanese fantasy stuff. But yeah, watch this first.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 04:02:48 PM »
Man of Tai Chi has actually been on my Netflix list for a while now, just out of curiosity. I didn't realize it was more recent. There was some other weird-ass artsy flick he was in, but I don't remember when that came out ... or apparently the name of it either, heh.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 10:39:47 PM »
Yeah you are right, he has done some artsy flick as well.

I was stunned to learn that he is over 50. He looks ten years younger. I guess physical fitness really helps at that age.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 07:13:32 AM »
Damn, is he really? That's impressive. He definitely doesn't look it.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 01, 2014, 06:09:44 AM »
Yeah you are right, he has done some artsy flick as well.

I was stunned to learn that he is over 50. He looks ten years younger. I guess physical fitness really helps at that age.

My brother was commenting on Thanksgiving that he saw a picture of him that was too close up, and he wasn't trying to be ready for a photo op--so he looked more his age, including this hairy mole on his neck.  :D

Hollywood people spend fortunes on keeping their younger looks.  Part of that is personal trainers, who are worth more than all the plastic surgeons on Earth, in longterm benefits.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 01, 2014, 07:22:10 AM »
haha that's true enough.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 01, 2014, 07:29:32 AM »
That is true, though I think most of them look closer to their age than he does. I'd say he dresses up better on the stage than most.