Author Topic: Assassin's Creed: Syndicate  (Read 6640 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 01:55:39 PM by MysterD »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Assassin's Creed: Victory -> next AC game in Victorian-era London
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 08:21:07 PM »
Will feature 50% fewer horrible skinless face-monsters!

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 09:56:52 PM »
Everyone is talking about this now on the AC boards.  Nicely played, Ubisoft--distract the crowd from all the Unity issues with a strategic leak of the next game's setting.

I do believe it is more than just a rumor too.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 02, 2014, 11:30:11 PM »
I've lost track of this franchise.  I have Revelations and III factory sealed and I am aware that there is a IV: Black Flag.  I don't know what's after that because there's a Unity and Rogue as well, I think?  I'm not sure how they fit into the timeline anymore.

In any event, it seems like the series is going downhill.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 05:04:56 AM »
Black Flag brought me back into the franchise after Revelations made me swear it off.  You should check out the AC4: BF thread.  I never touched 3, and still have no desire to.  Rogue I'll eventually buy on the strength of how much I loved BF, but it has to get cheaper first.  I can't see spending full price on last-gen games anymore.  (The same goes for the Borderlands Presequel.)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 05:41:18 AM by Cobra951 »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 05:55:33 PM »
Black Flag brought me back into the franchise after Revelations made me swear it off.  You should check out the AC4: BF thread.  I never touched 3, and still have no desire to.  Rogue I'll eventually buy on the strength of how much I loved BF, but it has to get cheaper first.  I can't see spending full price on last-gen games anymore.  (The same goes for the Borderlands Presequel.)

I still think AC3 gets crapped-on unfairly.

I had a lot of fun w/ the tree-parkouring + hunting mechanics; huge open-environments; and especially the Boston setting. These are the things that I think make AC3 shine. Sure, the story is ridiculous (especially w/ Connor involved in every major event in setting up American history + his one-dimensional revenge-based character) and it totally jumped the shark (especially in this game); and many of the characters are just nothing special (especially Connor). But, I had A LOT more fun w/ this game over AC: Rev.

Plus, from what I'm hearing - to play AC: Rogue, you really need to know your AC history. Skipping AC3 - or any of the AC1 to AC4 titles, for that matter - sounds like a mistake, if you're actually going to play AC: Rogue. Hopefully, I get AC4 one day; and when I get AC:R on the PC (once it comes here), I can speak on how true or false that is.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 14, 2014, 10:02:45 PM »
I still think AC3 gets crapped-on unfairly.

I had a lot of fun w/ the tree-parkouring + hunting mechanics; huge open-environments; and especially the Boston setting. These are the things that I think make AC3 shine. Sure, the story is ridiculous (especially w/ Connor involved in every major event in setting up American history + his one-dimensional revenge-based character) and it totally jumped the shark (especially in this game); and many of the characters are just nothing special (especially Connor). But, I had A LOT more fun w/ this game over AC: Rev.

Plus, from what I'm hearing - to play AC: Rogue, you really need to know your AC history. Skipping AC3 - or any of the AC1 to AC4 titles, for that matter - sounds like a mistake, if you're actually going to play AC: Rogue. Hopefully, I get AC4 one day; and when I get AC:R on the PC (once it comes here), I can speak on how true or false that is.

You know, for the sake of completion of the Kenway saga, I may just have to play 3.  But I'm going to be a bit burned out after so much AC over the past 6 months.  I'm thinking of taking a break after Unity.

[snip!  I forgot where I was.  I moved the Unity exposition to the correct place, here.]

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 04:00:33 PM »
AC: Victory got renamed to AC: Syndicate.

Anyways...
Youtube -> Pre-Alpha Footage of AC: Syndicate.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Assassin's Creed: Syndicate -> next AC game in Victorian-era London
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 12, 2015, 05:42:29 PM »
Polygon -> No Multiplayer planned currently for AC: Syndicate.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate, this year's main Assassin's Creed game, won't feature any multiplayer component, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot announced during an investor call today.

"This game will be single-player," said Guillemot. Asked to clarify his comments, he added, "You don't have a multiplayer mode on this iteration," referring to Syndicate, "because we want to spend all our time on making sure the single-player is excellent. And it's coming along extremely well."

Reached for comment, a Ubisoft representative confirmed to Polygon that Syndicate is "a single-player only game."

Guillemot hinted that Ubisoft does have plans for multiplayer Assassin's Creed in the future, but said the company isn't ready to reveal them.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 09:27:19 AM »
Good!  That one goes in the plus column.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 12:56:51 PM »
Yeah thats cool. Still kind of bitter about the online stuff in Black Flag that I can no longer do and so I can't unlock everything.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 05:21:36 PM »
Good!  That one goes in the plus column.

I have a funny feeling w/ the way things are worded, we might see a Multiplayer-Only and/or MMO AC game eventually.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, May 14, 2015, 09:15:34 PM »
Honestly, I think the co-op was the saving grace in AC Unity.

AC Unity in and of itself (single player and multiplayer) is decent, but certainly not the best of the AC games.

I do cherish the thought a single player focused game though. Back to AC roots!

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 15, 2015, 08:42:05 AM »
Yeah thats cool. Still kind of bitter about the online stuff in Black Flag that I can no longer do and so I can't unlock everything.

They seem to have a systemic-incompetence issue when it comes to online stuff.  It can't possibly be that hard to set up a challenge schedule on an endless loop about a month long.  The whole Initiates fiasco is another symptom of a this company-wide disease.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 06:59:42 AM »
Escapist reviewed my version.  And she liked it.  Apparently performs well.  Nice writeup too.  I checked out Gamespot's (PS4) as well.  I'll be reading others.  Thanks for the info!  I know I'll be getting this at some point.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 07:01:17 AM »
Escapist reviewed my version.  And she liked it.  Nice writeup too.  I checked out Gamespot's (PS4) as well.  I'll be reading others.  Thanks for the info!  I know I'll be getting this at some point.

I'm already way behind.
I need to work on AC: Unity + Rogue still.

EDIT:
So far, looks like nobody's reviewed my version - i.e. PC version.
As usual, it's likely no reviewer has received early PC release code yet.
I'm hoping it's a decent PC port. My PC [since 4GB video card upgrade] seemed fine running AC: Unity, so I'd expect AC: Syndicate to run decent. Hopefully, there ain't weird glitches, bugs, and anything of that sort.

But likely, won't be a while until I buy + play AC:S, since I'm already so far behind here. Still have to play Unity + Rogue.

EDIT 2:
No wonder nobody got PC code yet; Nov 19th for the release date on PC.
I forgot, PC version is launching later.

« Last Edit: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 08:21:35 AM by MysterD »

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 07:04:30 AM »
Man, you're like always refreshing the page.  Or is there some notification system here that I don't know about?  There's no way to ninja-edit with you around.  :P

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 07:30:16 AM »
Man, you're like always refreshing the page.  Or is there some notification system here that I don't know about?  There's no way to ninja-edit with you around.  :P

I am keeping a tab open just for editing in more reviews constantly + saving it, yes.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 07:45:16 AM »
Looks like the game is generally very well received but everyone unanimously hated the end (final boss & ending).

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 07:46:50 AM »
Looks like the game is generally very well received but everyone unanimously hated the end (final boss & ending).

That's what I'm getting from this, as well.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 09:42:35 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they end up patching that, at least any unfair frustration in that fight.  Story DLC is inevitable as well.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 10:48:18 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they end up patching that, at least any unfair frustration in that fight.
Also wouldn't surprise me, either.

Story DLC is inevitable as well.
Season Pass was announced a bit ago, and some of it will be based around Jack The Ripper:
http://www.overwritten.net/forum/index.php?topic=9458.msg127514#msg127514

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, November 05, 2015, 04:55:42 PM »
AC: Syndicate PC requirements revealed.

MINIMUM

Supported OS
Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10(64bit versions)

Processor
Intel Core i5 2400s @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX 6350 @ 3.9 GHz

RAM
6GB or more for Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon R9 270 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0)

DirectX
DirectX June 2010 Redistributable

Sound
DirectX compatible sound card with latest drivers

RECOMMENDED

Supported OS
Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions only)

Processor
Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz

RAM
8GB

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (4GB) or the newer GTX 970 (4GB) or AMD Radeon R9 280X (3GB) or better

DirectX
DirectX June 2010 Redistributable

Sound
DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers

Hard Drive
50 GB available space

Technical note from the developer: For a recommended experience, the game requires a video card with at least 3GB of VRAM when playing at a full HD resolution. While we encourage you to fiddle with the advanced options to fully customize your gaming experience, please keep an eye out for the VRAM meter usage when you adjust these settings.

NVIDIA EXCLUSIVE FEATURES

TXAA
NVIDIA algorithm for Temporal Anti-Aliasing
Works only on NVIDIA hardware
HBAO+
NVIDIA algorithm for Ambient Occlusion
Works on both NVIDIA and AMD hardware

PCSS
NVIDIA algorithm for Soft Shadows
Works on both NVIDIA and AMD hardware

GeForce Experience
Player with GFE can have adjusted graphics options for smoother performance experience

G-Sync Support
Support of special monitor with NVIDIA G-Sync chip

HIGH-END PCS

MSAA
Multisample Anti-Aliasing
Standard anti-aliasing technology, which will be PC-specific
Comment: Mandatory for implementation in order to have TXAA on top of it
Multi-Monitor Support
AMD Eyefinity / NVIDIA Surround
Will support 3:1 configuration of monitors

Multi-GPU
AMD CrossFire / NVIDIA SLI
Performance will scale if two (or more) videocards are installed

Customize Controls
Customize the game controls for Mouse & Keyboard input

Controller Support
Supports Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PS4 controllers

Auto-Switch
Will switch all in-game UI (feedbacks and etc.) based on last active input between Mouse & Keyboard feedback, Xbox One feedback and PS4 feedback

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 06:19:47 PM »
Eurogamer / Digital Foundry -> Digital Foundry vs. AC Syndicate PC version.

Hopes of a similarly ambitious PC outing for Syndicate were dashed during our testing, but in some ways, that is for the best. The new game runs more smoothly on less capable PCs, you don't need three or four gigs or VRAM on your graphics card any more, and of course, there are still resolution, frame-rate and visual enhancements to enjoy compared to the console versions. We just wish that Ubisoft could ramp up scalability to match something like Grand Theft Auto 5 on PC - we know the engine is capable of it. Last year's Unity proved it.

While the technological scope of Syndicate may feel like a backward step compared to last year's offering, there's a really strong argument that the new game is a lot more fun. Ubisoft scaled back on technical ambition but crucially, it doubled down on compelling gameplay mechanics, an improved script and retooled, more entertaining side-missions. It paid dividends on the console versions - and it's just as effective on PC.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 07:42:14 PM »
My thoughts on AC: Syndicate, so far...
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TGAEC/discussions/0/451851477868149993/

Let's face it: AC: Unity is a beautiful-looking game if your PC can handle it - but, it feels too much like Assassin's Creed 2; AC: Brotherhood; and AC: Revelations.

Now enter AC: Syndicate.

AC: Syndicate runs better than AC: Unity (improved engine); can look better than Unity (if you have the PC to handle); and has way so more going on here in the gameplay department.

In AC: Syndicate, you can switch b/t the male or female assassin when roaming around the game-world, where each of which who do have a few of their own skills - Jacob is more action-y & straight-forward, while Evie is more sly + stealthy. Their interaction with each other is great, as its often funny, witty, humorous, and very entertaining. Easily, we've found the best lead character(s) in a AC game since Ezio in AC2 + AC:B.

For traversal, you now can hijack stage-coaches and also use those to traverse the game-world, instead of just constantly platforming and running around on foot. Not only this, you can do Progress far enough into the game (and it isn't that far into the game either), you can even use a rope-launcher/zipline combo item to traverse across building in a straight-line across and can shoot upwards to zipline you up a building real fast - which feels like a mix b/t the Batman: Arkham games' rope-launcher + zipline to zip around the game-world.

Speaking of Batman, now the combat system feels even more so like that of the Batman: Arkham games. Hand-to-hand combat has always been about timing & counters in AC games, but now it's much-much easier to attack multiple enemies; combat's paced being much faster & visceral; and the player can string lots of crazy combos together just like one would in the Arkham games. Throw this on top of all the old AC systems (which are still here) of assassinations. blending in environments, firing off-hand guns; and whatnot - you've found the best combat system that we've had in a AC game.

If you conquer an area from doing quests in a territory - then you can recruit NPC's from your gang (The Rooks) to help you out - they can give you items; join you in battle; and whatnot. This feels like an evolution of the AC: Brotherhood mechanic of recruiting + calling assassins to help you out, when needed. Your headquarters + base (once you earn it) is not stationary either; it's a train, which is constantly moving around the game-world!

Now, since the game has a leveling-system - you also should go into certain areas only when you're ready and doing a mission or side-quest within its level (the game will tell you what missions and even NPC's are what-level, depending on your skills)...unless you you want to be way out-leveled and want a heck of a challenge.

AC: Syn feels like it has evolved majorly, with all of the enhancements graphically (technically + artistically) & gameplay-wise that we've been waiting for in a traditional type of AC game since AC:B - and if it keeps up, this will be the best AC game easily since AC4: Black Flag.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #28 on: Friday, January 22, 2016, 10:03:46 PM »
I'm gonna have to disagree about the visuals. Syndicate at its best looks worse than Unity. The character detail is lower on NPCs, the hair rendering is not as detailed and has less volume, and the fabric physics are locked at 30 fps (the clothes animate noticeably slower than the character's movement and it looks awful compared to Unity's fabric physics).

That said, Syndicate runs better, has less texture and polygon pop-in, and more varied environment/weather effects. It's optimized way more efficiently than Unity and it is overall the better game.

Here's a video comparison between Unity & Syndicate (console and PC versions):

The combat is pretty much the same as Unity but they've added the double/triple/quadruple kills combos.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #29 on: Monday, February 08, 2016, 01:56:41 PM »
After 37 hours total approx., AC: Syndicate is finished (finished it last night) and in the books - and it was great!
Best one since AC4: Black Flag, IMHO.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #30 on: Monday, February 08, 2016, 02:03:41 PM »
I've finished it too, except for a few collectibles.  Very enjoyable and fairly polished, but doesn't come close to Black Flag for me.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #31 on: Monday, February 08, 2016, 02:41:52 PM »
I've finished it too, except for a few collectibles.  Very enjoyable and fairly polished, but doesn't come close to Black Flag for me.

For me, I think it looks something like this right now:
AC2 = AC:B > AC4: Black Flag > AC: Syndicate > AC3 > AC: Rev > AC1

I need to finish AC: Unity, before I decide where it goes.
I don't think it'll be in front of AC:S, though - as so far, I don't love AC:U, but I don't hate it either. I basically dropped it for now, b/c I benchmarked AC:S...but wound-up so impressed, I stuck with AC:S.
I think AC:U could wind-up at least right behind AC:Syn.

I have not started AC: Rogue, so I won't touch on that one at all.