Author Topic: Street Fighter V  (Read 4583 times)

Offline PyroMenace

Street Fighter V
« on: Saturday, December 06, 2014, 06:17:51 PM »
It's been announced and here's the gameplay trailer.

It looks pretty for sure... but does anyone else think it looks only slightly better than SF4 and plays the exact same? I guess a new Street Fighter for next gen consoles is a fair reason to jump up to a new number but yup, its definitely more Street Fighter.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Street Fighter V
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 06, 2014, 07:10:24 PM »
They should be bringing Rival Schools back.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 06, 2014, 07:56:56 PM »
I'm not huge into fighting games but from what I see they can add a few characters and some mechanics and it will make it a whole new game to the die hard fans.  I don't mean that in a bad way, but the nature of the genre makes me think some small additions and refinements can make the game play completely differently at a high level.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 07, 2014, 07:22:45 AM »
Since nobody's mentioned this yet, I will....

SF5 is currently coming to PC + is also a console-exclusive to the PS4; and will support cross-play between the PC + PS4.

Sony partnered with Capcom for development of the game, and players will be able to play with each other across platforms on PS4 and PC.

Sony's Adam Boyes added that "PS4 will be the only console this game ever appears on."
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 07, 2014, 07:43:39 AM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 06:01:04 AM »
Kotaku -> Plans for SF5 from Capcom.

-> SF5 will often have Regular Updates
-> By playing the game you will earn Fight Money, which you can cash-in to buy Gameplay Related Content (i.e. probably New Character DLC's).
-> You can use real money to purchase Zenny, which is used to buy Gameplay Related Content and also Non-Gameplay related content (i.e. probably Costumes DLC's).

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Friday, August 03, 2018, 06:42:28 PM »
So, this is on a Free Weekend currently on Steam.

Been checking out the Arcade Mode. So, if you dug the way SF4 played - yeah, you'll probably like SF5. Plays very similar. Also, here's another game - like Tekken 7 - that both runs & looks great. 60fps at 1080 w/ everything maxed on my GTX 970. Runs very well.

So, Arcade Mode, in one way, is interesting. You'll be playing SF5 here, naturally - but the Fight Plan and characters you can pick from for each Arcade Modes here are different, depends on what you pick. For example, pick SF2 - you only have SF2 characters available to you to pick from. You also get each one's battle plan - basically, you fight the amount of opponents you would in the SF game mode you picked and the final boss will depend on which game you selected - pick SF2 Battle Mode, you fight 8 enemies w/ Bison at the end; pick SF3 and you have 6 battles here at the end you fight Gill.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, November 17, 2019, 09:02:13 PM »
SF V: Champion Edition announced: