Author Topic: So I'm moving back to California.  (Read 4560 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
So I'm moving back to California.
« on: Sunday, March 08, 2015, 03:37:48 PM »
Long story, but I'm headed back to the left coast. I posted a bit about it in some other thread, but I don't remember where. Regardless, it's going to be ... interesting. More than likely I won't have any reliable internet access for a couple months, so as of tomorrow when I head down to meet some of the dudes for the Meet, I'll be more or less off the air. Especially since my phone's email stuff just stopped dead a while back. You can still try to send an email, but a message here would probably be even better since my email accounts are likely to become spamfests in my absence.

Wish me luck. It's gonna be a long drive.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: So I'm moving back to California.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 08, 2015, 05:17:55 PM »
Best luck, man.  I hope you find what you're looking for.  Stay in touch however you can.  :)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 10:23:39 PM »
I completely missed this for some reason (4 day drinking related blackout).   Best of luck with the move, my man.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 06:16:48 AM »
I was in LA last year.... didn't have much time to look anyone up :(
Taken.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 12:34:27 PM »
Take care Michael.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 02:53:53 PM »
I'm here! New house! Stuff and things!

It's not terribly exciting, but man does it feel good to not be camping out in someone else's house. I mean I technically still am because I don't own this house, but you know what I mean.

I feel weird a lot of the time. My life has been such a bizarre collection of things in the last 5 or 6 years. But I feel good ... ready to take on new challenges. And maybe actually become a proper adult at some point.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 05:13:15 PM »

I feel weird a lot of the time.

Dehydration - you guys don't have a lot of water there.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 03:58:46 AM »
I'm here! New house! Stuff and things!

It's not terribly exciting, but man does it feel good to not be camping out in someone else's house. I mean I technically still am because I don't own this house, but you know what I mean.

I feel weird a lot of the time. My life has been such a bizarre collection of things in the last 5 or 6 years. But I feel good ... ready to take on new challenges. And maybe actually become a proper adult at some point.

It's good to have you back, man.  You've been missed.  Glad you got to where you wanted to be, with everything getting set up and working.

I know very well about feeling weird and possibly disconnected.  Coping with a mad swirl of changing circumstances can take a lot out of you.  I hope things all stabilize for you, and let you get your life on a forward track.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #8 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 08:52:49 AM »
Thanks, Cobra, I appreciate that. I hope so too.

It's been a strangely instructive time for me. Even with the "noise" of staying at my mom's place temporarily while things got worked out here, I was able to take a lot of time for self-reflection and to both think about my situation and all its implications, and to stop thinking about my situation and all its implications. I feel like I've learned a lot about myself in that short time, and hopefully will continue to here. Hitting the gym three times a week (at least was before, and will be again when I'm done getting the house mostly set up), working on clearing my head and focusing on my spiritual health, and hopefully going to make a hardcore push at downsizing my junk collection again. I've actually got a little side workshop room here that'll basically be an eBay assembly line, and someone in town here offers better than average prices for used movies, so I'll be dumping a huge load of lesser films on her. Books ... well, I'm still working on learning to part with those, but I dumped about 10 or 12 paper bags of stuff on Half Price Books in Texas before I moved back, so hopefully I can continue the trend and let go of some more. Especially since I have so little time to read.

Anyway, it's great to be back. I haven't really "missed the internet", but at the same time, it's nice to finally get to catch up on some news, both just games-wise and with you guys. I've been so out of the loop!

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, June 25, 2015, 08:09:16 AM »
Yay! Post pics of your new place!

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 12:32:02 PM »
Best of luck with the move Que! Yeah, post pics!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 09:35:36 PM »
May be a while for that. I don't know where my camera is, and I can't be arsed to deal with posting stuff from my phone at present. Just imagine an old place with way too much wood paneling but great views of the now nearly-nonexistent lake and lots of trees.

Offline Cool_Gamer1

• Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 01:53:12 AM »
Socal or Norcal?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, August 30, 2015, 01:11:13 PM »
North. Like an hour and change north of Sacramento.