Author Topic: Call of Duty: Black Ops III -> Update: SP Campaign Missions all unlocked  (Read 3229 times)

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 04:37:18 PM »
Maybe I should play the campaigns for Black Ops 1 and 2. I heard they were decent. I bought both at release, but only played multiplayer.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 05:37:48 PM »
PC Gamer -> PC requirements revealed for Black Ops III

Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit
    Processor: Intel Core i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom™ II X4 810 @ 2.60 GHz
    Memory: 6 GB RAM
    Graphics: GeForce GTX 470 @ 1GB / Radeon HD 6970 @ 1GB
    DirectX: Version 11
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

Eurogamer -> Black Ops III to also support 4K.
At the game's full reveal in Santa Monica, Black Ops 3 was shown running on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC - with the latter being shown off with full 4k support.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 06:00:32 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 05:45:34 PM »
Polygon -> Details on the co-op feature found in the game's Campaign mode.

And the game's campaign now supports up to four players in online co-op — local co-op for two players is supported in split-screen — and players can, for the first time, choose to play as a male or female protagonist.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 09:56:43 PM »
I remember Black Ops being thematically different than Modern Warfare... now after looking at the gameplay trailer, this and Advance Warfare are exactly the same.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 09:04:24 AM »
I always imagined that both series would eventually intersect.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 03:58:12 PM »
Like I said before, I never played the campaigns, but I got a distinct mercenary or hired guns feel from both games, with the first leaning toward 70s and 80s tech. But yeah, this looks so similar to Advanced Warfare. Didn't AW also have the whole theme of technology getting out of hand or someone else gaining control of it? Or was that Ghosts, and the backstory for why the country was supposed to be in such a bad state?

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: Re: Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III
« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 27, 2015, 07:56:43 PM »
Like I said before, I never played the campaigns, but I got a distinct mercenary or hired guns feel from both games, with the first leaning toward 70s and 80s tech. But yeah, this looks so similar to Advanced Warfare. Didn't AW also have the whole theme of technology getting out of hand or someone else gaining control of it? Or was that Ghosts, and the backstory for why the country was supposed to be in such a bad state?
You were right the first time. It was AW.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 02:30:14 AM »
Treyarch should just go all in on the Nazi Zombie thing and make the campaign about zombies too. I could be like Zombie Army Trilogy, but with less focus on sniping.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #9 on: Friday, August 07, 2015, 05:21:52 AM »
GameSpot -> Call of Duty: Black Ops III - PC Specific Features.

100% ranked dedicated servers
    2-Player split-screen
    Game controller support
    GPU scaling, SLI and crossfire optimizations, and 4K monitor support
    FOV slider
    Framerate cap slider
    Improved text Chat features available in-game and also now in lobbies.
    Steam trading cards
    Treyarch Anti-Cheat (TAC)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #10 on: Friday, August 07, 2015, 05:30:19 AM »
Split-screen on PC? I can see some people liking it, especially for PCs connected to a TV, but how critical was it to get that feature into the PC version?

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #11 on: Friday, August 07, 2015, 06:25:08 AM »
Split-screen on PC? I can see some people liking it, especially for PCs connected to a TV, but how critical was it to get that feature into the PC version?
Makes sense for those connecting PC to a HDTV. But, how many are going to do that, though?
Only way it might work w/ a PC monitor is if someone's gotta sit further away from their PC + play w/ a controller. But, how many are going to do that?

But, really though - most of the features Treyarch listed, these should be standard features in any PC game. Ded-servers on PC w/ MP should be an automatic option for MP-based portions of a game that FPS's like COD + BF dish out. FOV sliders (at a worthwhile amount) + Framerate capping isn't often seen in PC titles - yet, they should be. People can get sick, if the FOV ain't high enough for them to adjust to. Framerate capping, I have to use 3rd party programs most of the time to cap a framerate so it ain't always bouncing all over the place b/t 30 to 60 frames, especially if I want to crank-up to higher settings. Many PC games, these days, seem to dish out lazy and/or basic PC ports, w/out too much for PC features put in them.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #12 on: Friday, August 07, 2015, 06:43:22 AM »
Makes sense for those connecting PC to a HDTV. But, how many are going to do that, though?
Only way it might work w/ a PC monitor is if someone's gotta sit further away from their PC + play w/ a controller. But, how many are going to do that?

But, really though - most of the features Treyarch listed, these should be standard features in any PC game. Ded-servers on PC w/ MP should be an automatic option for MP-based portions of a game that FPS's like COD + BF dish out. FOV sliders (at a worthwhile amount) + Framerate capping isn't often seen in PC titles - yet, they should be. People can get sick, if the FOV ain't high enough for them to adjust to. Framerate capping, I have to use 3rd party programs most of the time to cap a framerate so it ain't always bouncing all over the place b/t 30 to 60 frames, especially if I want to crank-up to higher settings. Many PC games, these days, seem to dish out lazy and/or basic PC ports, w/out too much for PC features put in them.
Haha yeah, they may as well have added "Full keyboard and mouse support" as a special feature.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #13 on: Friday, August 07, 2015, 06:47:51 AM »
Haha yeah, they may as well have added "Full keyboard and mouse support" as a special feature.

LMAO! ;D

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 12, 2015, 07:10:42 PM »
PC Gamer -> Black Ops III will come w/ SP Campaign's Mission Selection entirely unlocked from the the start.

Instead, as Campaign Director Jason Blundell told Eurogamer, all campaign missions will be unlocked right from the start, so if you want to flip to the last page and see how it ends, so to speak, you can.

"The unlocking level system is an archaic mentality we've had since we did bedroom development back in the day—you do this, then go on to the next one," Blundell said. "Consumers and game players in general are far more mature these days. There are so many things vying for our interests today. It's about, how do they want to consume it? Maybe they put it down on level two, and then they're in work the next day, and some guy says, 'Dude, you've got to check out level four!' And he's like, 'Okay, I'll have a quick look.' That's totally fine. I think it's their choice."

As for concerns that impatient gamers will spoil themselves, Blundell believes that those who leap straight to the end will want to understand more about how the game reached that point, and will end up going back and playing the earlier levels anyway. "The way the story is constructed, it's more than just the end moment," he said. "I'm sure there are many films and other media types where you could read the last page, or see the last minutes, but really you've got to experience all of the other stuff to truly enjoy it."

For me:
First run-through, whenever that might be - I'm playing it in order, to get that typical COD Campaign + story experience.

Though, I think this All Chapters Unlocked idea for a linear-campaign here might make it very easy for gamers once they beat the game in order to just replay certain levels whenever and just jump around - in which if there's any kind of leaderboards locally and/or online or anything of that sort for the game, this Chapter Selection thing would make a hell of a lot of sense to me. Might make the game very replayable, if there is some kind of Leaderboards here.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 12, 2015, 07:37:25 PM by MysterD »