Author Topic: Savarian... Sirean.. Leah or whatever your name is. You've taken things too far.  (Read 2908 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Savarian... Sirean.. Leah or whatever your name is. You've taken things too far.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, June 02, 2015, 11:29:03 AM »
“People have said it’s my fault because I put those pictures out there,” says Ruth. “And maybe it is. But aren’t those social media sites there so you can do that [post pictures]? Shouldn’t they make it so you can do that securely?”

That's so stunningly naive.  How can she not know that once someone can look at it on their screen, they can easily grab it?

Weird story, but so easy to do.  The hard part is the creativity involved in making the hoax last so long.  People post so much about themselves where everyone can get a hold of it.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Re: Savarian... Sirean.. Leah or whatever your name is. You've taken things too far.
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, June 02, 2015, 07:38:21 PM »
I stopped reading because I ran out of time - did they figure out who's pretending to be her?

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, June 02, 2015, 07:41:18 PM »
No.  I think a PI could solve it, since it seems to be someone with some ties to her, or her world.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 01:56:01 PM »
Interesting article. Not really "new" or anything, but I've never seen it done to quite that extent for sure. But yeah, it highlights for me all the reasons I got away from social media. Firstly, because you've got people like that on there. And secondly, because you've got people like who she was pretending to be. I have no desire to associate with either one.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, June 25, 2015, 08:10:54 AM »
hahahh