Author Topic: The CNN debate... Bernie Sanders vs Hilary Clinton.  (Read 3847 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
The CNN debate... Bernie Sanders vs Hilary Clinton.
« on: Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 06:18:49 AM »
Remarkable how normal these people seemed compared to the racist sexist Republicans.

Anyway, I loved it. I thought Bernie Sanders are awesome. Too awesome in fact. Awesome people don't usually win.
« Last Edit: Friday, October 16, 2015, 10:39:46 AM by Pugnate »

Offline ender

Re: The CNN debate... Bernie Sanders vs Hilary Clinton.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 08:07:30 AM »
Ideologically, I stand with Bernie. Though I think Hillary did a great job of coming across as a fine choice for a mainstream American politician. It was nice to see an adult, respectful, issues based debate rather than the childish antics of the GOP debates. We have real problems and calling people stupid or idiots is only going to make things worse. Let's have some sincerity and class.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 08:55:46 AM »
I've said before I think Clinton is a royal scumbag of a human being, though she does a great job convincing people she isn't. I think Sanders is the only useful potential candidate going into this election, which is a bummer since he's unlikely to win the nomination. Fingers crossed, though.

I didn't catch the debate, but it's good to hear it was better than the GOP side. Stands to reason, I guess, which is a shame.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 09:06:05 AM »
Remarkable how normal these people seemed compared to the racist sexist Republicans.

Anyway, I loved it. I though Bernie Sanders are awesome. Too awesome in fact. Awesome people don't usually win.
Now I feel bad.  A guy in Pakistan watched a preliminary debate between two potential United States of America Presidential candidates, and I, a U.S.A. citizen living in the U.S.A., didn't.

Offline ender

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 03:58:28 PM »
Now I feel bad.  A guy in Pakistan watched a preliminary debate between two potential United States of America Presidential candidates, and I, a U.S.A. citizen living in the U.S.A., didn't.

In fairness to you Scott, only 3% of the U.S. population watched the debate.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 04:32:34 PM »
I'd have major interest if I wasn't so disillusioned with politics and politicians in general.  I really try and refrain from being cynical about most stuff.  Cynicism is truly an incredibly lazy, disengaging, unproductive, and oftentimes pathetic way to view things.  But man, the state of US politics just saddens and disappoints me.  And I'm not real sure it can change for the better with the quickened pace it needs.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 04:51:46 PM »
Sometimes cynicism is the last option. I'm more or less with you, and have been for quite a while. Primarily because I just can't see how you change it through a system that perpetuates itself by refusing to change.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 06:57:42 PM »
Would a longterm successful thief beyond the reach of all law enforcement ever become honest?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 15, 2015, 01:13:51 AM »
haha Well Scottws, the 2/3 hour debate is up on YouTube. It is fascinating. And as a writer/jurno, it is not only interesting, but gives me things to write about.

I've been trying to figure out why I find American politics so fascinating and it is probably because America has such a massive footprint in the world. Also, your candidates are so much better than our idiots.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 15, 2015, 11:50:29 AM »
haha Well Scottws, the 2/3 hour debate is up on YouTube. It is fascinating. And as a writer/jurno, it is not only interesting, but gives me things to write about.

I've been trying to figure out why I find American politics so fascinating and it is probably because America has such a massive footprint in the world. Also, your candidates are so much better than our idiots.
As little as I care about politics in general, even I occasionally get drawn into American issues because of how much they actually affect us in the Middle-East.

It kinda sucks to feel like your fate is held in the hands of people who live so far away and couldn't give a rat's ass about you. I guess it could be worse if you had to live with them too.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #10 on: Friday, October 16, 2015, 12:45:57 AM »
We do. It sucks.