Author Topic: I hate to beg, but ... I guess I'm begging.  (Read 3611 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
I hate to beg, but ... I guess I'm begging.
« on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 10:55:56 PM »
Not for me. For my girlfriend.

Things have been really hard for her lately, and she's in such a dark place right now. The phone call I had with her tonight was just awful. She sounded dead, no life in her voice. There was complete exhaustion, which is the usual, but also just a horrible depression which has been consuming her for the last several weeks.

The situation is obviously sort of big and complicated and hard to just get down in a brief thing, but she's a school teacher, which is often a thankless job on the best of days, and works for one of the worst ISDs in the country. She teaches 7th graders at an extremely poor middle school, one with a lot of gang and drug problems, amongst other things. She loves her kids and goes to bat for them like you wouldn't believe, but the system itself is eating the teachers alive, and things are real bad as far as the administration, legislative changes, and of course salaries.

Add it all up, and one of the worst things weighing on her most right now is Hoffen, her dog, who needs surgery that neither of us can afford. I gave her all the money I have both so she could eat and to get him some x-rays at a couple points, but I'm totally tapped now. I can't even go to the gym this week because I can't afford to use the gas to drive down there. I haven't had a clue how to help her at all with the way things have been going since I came back home to California, and I happened to get an email from Indiegogo today talking about their new site, Generosity.com. I thought ... well, what do I have to lose? It's better than doing nothing, and there's really nothing else left that I can do.

I don't expect anyone here to contribute. My main hope was that you guys might just throw this out to your social networks and help me put it out there. I don't do Facebook anymore, and virtually no one looks at my Twitter account (with the exception of Heather, heh), so I'm sort of relying on friends and family to spread this around.

Anyway, I won't go on and on. But a sincere thank you to anyone who will share this. I appreciate it, guys, and Heather would too if she knew I was doing it.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: I hate to beg, but ... I guess I'm begging.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 05:56:34 AM »
I gave you a little something and will post on social media. I wish I could do more.  Good luck!

Let us know how else we can help.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 09:58:04 AM »
Thank you so much, scott. You've already done a ton, I am immensely grateful. I wish I had a larger network to share this on and was better with social media. I'm considering reinstating my old Facebook profile just for the duration of this, though I'm real out of touch with all that so not sure how much more exposure it would bring.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 06:08:37 PM »
I'll only waste this money on drugs and getting drunk enough to want drugs.  I'll transfer you over a little something something either later tonight or tomorrow.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 07:05:47 PM »
Wow, thanks man. Like I said, I was really just hoping you guys could help share the link, that alone makes me happy. All else is above and beyond. Thank you.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 06:06:25 PM »
No worries at all, my man!