Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remake to be multiple-part series  (Read 5278 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 06, 2015, 08:01:32 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake to be multiple-part series
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 07, 2015, 05:32:32 PM »
More details on FF7 Remake.

Battle System:
Final Fantasy VII Remake also aims for, "a seamless active battle." Again with the lengthier answer, Nomura says, "Regarding the battle speed and tempo, for the sake of a stress-free battle, we want to do something on the level of Dissidia Final Fantasy. As far as the degree of action goes, it’s Dissidia Final Fantasy, then Kingdom Hearts, then Final Fantasy VII Remake. There won’t be any actions that require a technique. By using the new system, we want to do action battles while also being able to fight while thinking strategically."

The ATB gauge (and Limit Breaks) still exists despite this, but "with new ways to be used." You can see the gauge in the video and should pay attention to when it fills and turns red (Barret's attack at 1:22 in the trailer). There will still be three party members, but you can switch freely between them (or just play as one of them, which means AI will handle the others and you can do a Final Fantasy VII run through as just Yuffie).

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 15, 2019, 08:11:51 AM »
Eurogamer - Classic turn-based style combat mode will be in the FF7 Remake.

At 16m51s, they go into the game menu and enable the Classic style mode:

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 03:51:52 PM »
GameSpot review - 10 (out of 10).

Written Review:
https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/final-fantasy-7-remake-review-cloud-saves/1900-6417445/

Video Review on Youtube:

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 07, 2020, 03:52:31 PM »
IGN Review - 8 (out of 10):

Written Review:
https://www.ign.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-review

Video Review:

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 02:46:47 PM »
Reviewing well, I'm into it.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, April 08, 2020, 09:26:10 PM »
I will have to wait for its eventual release on PC, which will be a while. 

Offline Schlotzky5

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 14, 2020, 06:15:37 AM »
its good

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 03:13:07 PM »
Yeah, I've really been enjoying it.  Like, a lot

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, April 16, 2020, 11:48:41 AM »
After seeing all of the glowing reviews for FFXV and then playing it (it was one of the most boring, shallow, "press X to win" games I've played in a very long time), I'm just going to all around pass on this one. Can't play it as of now anyways.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #10 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 12:49:55 PM »
I can't play it either. I didn't really give a shit, as I don't have a ton of nostalgia for the first (I played it years after it came out .. and I did like it, but not the way some people do), but it's reviewed so well and the stuff I've seen has looked so good, it is on my radar now.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: Friday, April 17, 2020, 10:57:49 PM »
After seeing all of the glowing reviews for FFXV and then playing it (it was one of the most boring, shallow, "press X to win" games I've played in a very long time), I'm just going to all around pass on this one. Can't play it as of now anyways.

FFXV wasn't my jam at all and I agree with you completely.  I find this a lot more entertaining - I dropped off of FFXV after like two hours. 

If you don't have nostalgia like Que mentioned you'll miss out on some of what people are enthusiastically praising - Midgard was a cool environment to explore 20 years ago and being like "IN" it now is just pretty cool (them pulling that off well is a huge part of that), but there is a way better game here than FFXV as well.  I've heard the story gets dumb and goes sideways (I don't know, it's a JRPG...they all kind of do) but the progression, sight seeing, systems and combat will still keep me going most likely.

If you're sitting there five years down the road and you have a chance to check it out at a discount I definitely would.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, April 18, 2020, 11:52:26 AM »
I played FF 8 (and loved it), but yeah, I have no nostalgia for FF7 either. I've never even played it, I know all the plot twists, but never played it. I'm not saying the original or remake are bad, but it really means nothing to me.

FFXV was terrible, I got it for free, so I had no problem throwing it in the closet after only a handful of hours of playtime. I love a deep, ambitious game that sucks you in to the point where you don't want to leave the game world. If the remake can do that, I'm all in...but I have my guard up. I mean seriously, how the hell did FFXV get 9's across the board?

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 08:33:02 PM »
I think people wanted to like FFXV so they did.  I think Cobra was a fan so there's definitely an appeal there for people but it just wasn't for me - the driving from point a to point b and just taking in the scenery translated to me looking at my phone and wishing I was playing something else to be honest.  I also gave up pretty quickly.