Author Topic: Battlefield 1 (i.e. Battlefield: World War 1)  (Read 2422 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 07:29:26 AM by MysterD »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Battlefield 1 (i.e. Battlefield: World War 1) announced; Trailer released
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 07, 2016, 10:44:51 AM »
Looks potentially interesting. I'm curious how they're going to Make WW1 era fun as a shooter. WW1 has usually been within the territory of strategy games.

I'll wait to see some gameplay and perhaps even for its release. As of now I already think the name is kinda dumb. Why not go with the old naming scheme like "Battlefield 1911" or something. "Battlefield 1" just sounds weird. Though I imagine Dice's explanation will be something like "Oh, it's not World War 1, it's Battlefield 1, get it?"

Also, for the record, if this one is going to be stuck on that piece garbage Battlelog, I'm out from now.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 08, 2016, 06:39:03 PM »
I had no idea that they were still using Battlelog.  They need to give that up.

In either case, I'm REALLY interested in this.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 02:20:38 AM »
Also, for the record, if this one is going to be stuck on that piece garbage Battlelog, I'm out from now.

People really like Battlelog. I don't understand why, because I still think it's shit. I used it for BF3, BF4, and the Hardline beta, and never had a smooth experience. I mostly play on console though, so I get to avoid it. I own BF3 and BF4 on PC as well becasue I have one guys that gets a Battlefield itch once in a while, and to this day trying to group up and get into a game is a fucking nightmare.

Battlefront didn't use Battlelog, or even have a server browser. Not sure why. Even the console versions of Battlefield games have server browsers.

And yeah, the name is really stupid. I've liked all the recent Battlefield games, so unless they really mess this one up somehow, I'll probably be getting it.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 11:09:32 AM »
People really like Battlelog. I don't understand why, because I still think it's shit. I used it for BF3, BF4, and the Hardline beta, and never had a smooth experience. I mostly play on console though, so I get to avoid it. I own BF3 and BF4 on PC as well becasue I have one guys that gets a Battlefield itch once in a while, and to this day trying to group up and get into a game is a fucking nightmare.

Battlefront didn't use Battlelog, or even have a server browser. Not sure why. Even the console versions of Battlefield games have server browsers.

And yeah, the name is really stupid. I've liked all the recent Battlefield games, so unless they really mess this one up somehow, I'll probably be getting it.
I do not understand the appeal of Battlelog. If they want to keep it around, fine, just make it optional. They did that for Medal of Honor: Warfighter. I just used the in-game server browser and never had to touch Battlelog.

Battlelog should not be more than an online community and stats website. I shouldn't be forced to use it to play the game. It really was a horrible experience that we put up with just to play the games we like. Surprise, surprise we stopped playing the games because it became too much of a hassle.

I think the people who like Battlelog are really just a very vocal minority. Out of 12 people I know who played BF games, and dealt with Battlelog, only one guy said he liked it. Ironically, that one guy is a bit of a social pariah. Incidentally, he also thoroughly enjoys hacking games and cheating in order to mess with other players. So I've come to associate "liking Battlelog" with sadism.

Admittedly, with Battlefield 1 (stupid name) I am curious about the gameplay and overall fun factor. But seriously, Battlelog would be a deal breaker for me.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 01:30:21 AM »
Battlefield always has some of the best game glitches around and BF1 is no exception.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 05:32:44 AM »
For whoever else only gets the same page and thumbnails back when they click on the image.  (I had to manually create this link.)

http://i.imgur.com/r9lKoVQ.gif

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 24, 2016, 04:00:37 PM »
Haha, wow. That's something else.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Battlefield 1 (i.e. Battlefield: World War 1)
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, March 04, 2017, 08:53:46 AM »
I played some of the Multiplayer last night, during its Free Weekend that's going on currently over on Origin.

It's awesome. Nothing short of it.

Graphics are nothing short of outstanding, also - as you'd expect w/ a DICE Game. 1440p resolution with everything on High + around 40-50FPS here on my PC.
My PC has i7 950 Bloomfield, 16 GB RAM DDR3, W7 64-bit, and GTX 970 equipped inside.

I did some Conquest + TDM (Team Death Match).

TDM is typical Team-style Deathmatch. BF styles maps are bigger + more open than COD, but with more players here - there's still plenty of non-stop action on the map.

Conquest is awesome. You have a bunch of points to contend, hold, and/or flip-over to your team. It's an on-going battle, until one team hits the max score. Hit max score, your team win. Max of 64 players allowed.
RIDICULOUSLY Huge Maps. Airplanes, jeeps, horses, tanks - all able for anyone to use; and they're all over the map.
It's pure Battlefield + pure chaos all over these huge maps. It's an absolute freaking blast.

BF1's MP really puts IW's MP to shame.

I'm going to eventually have to get this game; the MP's outstanding.