Author Topic: Join Quake Champions this week for free  (Read 1639 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Join Quake Champions this week for free
« on: Sunday, June 10, 2018, 10:03:27 PM »
Steam
For this week you can get in the F2P version of QC. You keep it even after the week is over so you can keep playing. You will have the Ranger hero and I believe they've recently made it so if you complete the tutorial you will unlock a 2nd hero, as well as a weekly free hero to play with. Other changes include bots, the ability to unlock heroes with in-game currency, daily login stuff...its cool. Its Quake.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Join Quake Champions this week for free
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 10, 2018, 11:17:06 PM »
Man. You know, if you guys want to do some Quake, I could definitely be down for some Quake. I haven't played this in forever, wouldn't mind getting back to it and seeing how it's coming along.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Join Quake Champions this week for free
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, September 01, 2018, 09:37:33 PM »
Okay, so I dove back into this and I'm having a really awesome time. I love it. They've fixed things up nicely and it feels good, the characters are fun, and it still feels like classic Quake just with some modernization. The free to play thing isn't bad either. I have all the characters since I bought in early, but I feel like just playing you get a lot of rewards, and the loot boxes aren't stingy. I really wanted the gun models from past games, and I've already got the original rocket launcher, the original lightning gun, and the Quake 2 railgun. All that in like ... I don't know, 10 or 15 hours of play maybe? And the other stuff doesn't feel important, so it's cool to just kinda let it trickle in and see what you get.

Anyway, if you're a Quake fan, definitely give this a whirl. It's now free, has bot support in case you want to practice (including a real players versus bots mode), and generally just seems great!

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野