Author Topic: The Savarian Syan story...  (Read 5780 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
The Savarian Syan story...
« on: Saturday, July 02, 2016, 01:57:01 PM »
I think this would be a great story to tell. Maybe we can do this at IGN. It sounds like a giant cliche but it happened, and it was impressive of Sirean to keep it up, but I also feel for him. At one point it stopped being this prank and he was in too deep or something. I'd have to get some quotes from you guys too. What do you think, story worth?

I also think an interesting graphic novel could come out of the story. Would royalties go to Sirean? ;)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: The Savarian Syan story...
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 02, 2016, 03:43:08 PM »
It would be entirely up to sy, I think.

"The names have been changed to protect the innocent."

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 02, 2016, 04:06:56 PM »
I remember thinking I had been duped in public.  That passed, but it did piss me off at the time.  Now with all the tranny stuff so in the public eye, I wonder how a story like that could fly without such sensibilities intruding.  We know it had nothing to do with gender bending, but would most readers?

Yeah, Sy should have some say in this.  I assume names would be changed regardless.

Offline Ace_O_Spades

• Poster Child
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 02, 2016, 06:28:53 PM »
I remember the reveal, thinking, "Ok, that was a bit shitty." Then I thought about the times I fucked with guys online in chatrooms pretending to be a girl as a teenager, and I thought, "Holy shit, now I'm just kinda impressed that he went all-in."
The CONtrast
...Is the conTRAST
to THE contrast...

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, July 03, 2016, 10:25:14 AM »
In my mind this is still what Sav looks like:

*Gaz from Invader Zim

Offline ender

« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 04, 2016, 10:29:45 AM »
Xessive, same here. For me Sy really was that avatar.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 04, 2016, 08:06:52 PM »
Yeah, that's...wait, what story?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 05, 2016, 02:16:37 PM »
I think a narrative style story looking at the psychology of it would be interesting. It wouldn't be possible without Sirean's input though. It was probably the most insane thing that happened at OW.

Regardless....

I wish Sirean would post more. Many of us over reacted after the Sav thing but anyway... the worse loss from it all is the loss of Sirean. He's just hasn't seemed as active here anymore nor has been the same, I guess. I think the word is withdrawn.

So Sirean, if you are reading this... tell us what's happening with your life. :)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 05, 2016, 02:20:02 PM »
I remember the reveal, thinking, "Ok, that was a bit shitty." Then I thought about the times I fucked with guys online in chatrooms pretending to be a girl as a teenager, and I thought, "Holy shit, now I'm just kinda impressed that he went all-in."

Yup. I imagine he felt stuck. He was invested in these relationships so it was tough to pull out. At least with a chatroom it ends.

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, July 10, 2016, 11:34:12 AM »
I remember thinking I had been duped in public.  That passed, but it did piss me off at the time.  Now with all the tranny stuff so in the public eye, I wonder how a story like that could fly without such sensibilities intruding.  We know it had nothing to do with gender bending, but would most readers?

Yeah, Sy should have some say in this.  I assume names would be changed regardless.

My thoughts are along these lines. All of you have always just been genderless, faceless people on the internet to me. The fact that someone said they were one thing and then said they were another seems like such a non-story. If anything, I'm sure everyone portrays a slightly different part of themselves that may not be true to who they are in the real world when they're online and this doesn't seem any different to that.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: Friday, July 15, 2016, 04:54:26 PM »
My reaction was that of surprise, but I wasn't really offended or hurt in any way. Maybe I just don't interact as closely as some of you guys do. I did think it was insane how long he kept it up, and was kind of impressed.