Community > Serious Topics

Trump is now president

(1/28) > >>

Pugnate:
Words I never though I'd type.

MysterD:
Simpsons predicted this/joked about it years ago:
http://kotaku.com/the-simpsons-predicted-president-trump-sixteen-years-ag-1788741528?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

It's a reality now.

Cobra951:

This is just as much about keeping Hilary out of power as it is about the rejection of politics as usual.  It is very similar to Brexit.  The other huge sore spot is Obamacare, the evil abortion of what should have been the birth of a European-style (and Canadian-style) single-payer healthcare system.

I've been saying for months, to family and friends, that there was no way to know what the results of yesterday would be, until yesterday had passed.  Polls mean nothing when non-confrontational people--including the so-called silent majority--are afraid to admit they're voting for Trump.  The division got that ugly, the fear of retribution that overpowering.  That fear does not carry into the anonymous voting booth.

We'll see what happens from here.  The first thing to do, I think, is to forget campaign rhetoric.  We should know by now how little that reflects on what happens afterward.  (Remember "yes, we can"?)  This is not the end of anyone's world, not anyone who isn't an outlaw anyway.

Quemaqua:
Was absolutely not a fan of either major candidate, but this is the worst possible outcome. A lunatic at the helm and total Republican control of the House, Senate, and Supreme Court. I'm horrified and disgusted.

Pugnate:
Anyone waking up feeling depressed?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version