Author Topic: Trump is now president  (Read 888 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Trump is now president
« Reply #80 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 08:38:05 AM »
This blew my mind coming from Fox News. Shep is straight upset: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fysSDYkhHlU

It seems we're getting to a point where people are congealing into distinct camps along lines we might not have expected. Either you're willing to buy into Trump's bullshit simply because you hate the other side THAT MUCH, or you're likely beginning to see the realities of this administration. I don't think any of this has to do with partisan politics at all anymore. I'm not upset with Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, whatever. I'm upset with a group of people unwilling to look at reality, so selfish that they would condemn anyone outside their circle just because someone gave them the option to. It's interesting how in some ways this whole thing HAS actually brought people together, those of us willing to actually look at fact and truth as a basis for making decisions, even if those decisions come out differently from one another. The dividing line I think is increasingly between THIS group, even where we differ ideologically, and those too angry, too undereducated, or too desirous of winning at all costs to give even the pretense of lip service to reason.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #81 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 09:10:38 AM »
The people you are talking about are acting like it's a football game.  "My team won. Your team lost. Get over it!"

It's sad that they don't see the error in this sort of position.  The implications of a football game are basically nil and any that might exist typically end a short time after the game is over.  But that's it.  It doesn't affect the lives of people worldwide like the U.S. Presidency does.

Go read the comments on a Fox News article sometime.  It's like reading the transcript of some middle school bullying.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 17, 2017, 09:42:28 AM by scottws »

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #82 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 12:27:16 PM »
For those interested here's a clip from the conference where Trump talks about the media.

« Last Edit: Friday, February 17, 2017, 01:28:11 PM by Cools! »