Author Topic: Trump is now president  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Trump is now president
« Reply #80 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 08:38:05 AM »
This blew my mind coming from Fox News. Shep is straight upset: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fysSDYkhHlU

It seems we're getting to a point where people are congealing into distinct camps along lines we might not have expected. Either you're willing to buy into Trump's bullshit simply because you hate the other side THAT MUCH, or you're likely beginning to see the realities of this administration. I don't think any of this has to do with partisan politics at all anymore. I'm not upset with Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, whatever. I'm upset with a group of people unwilling to look at reality, so selfish that they would condemn anyone outside their circle just because someone gave them the option to. It's interesting how in some ways this whole thing HAS actually brought people together, those of us willing to actually look at fact and truth as a basis for making decisions, even if those decisions come out differently from one another. The dividing line I think is increasingly between THIS group, even where we differ ideologically, and those too angry, too undereducated, or too desirous of winning at all costs to give even the pretense of lip service to reason.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #81 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 09:10:38 AM »
The people you are talking about are acting like it's a football game.  "My team won. Your team lost. Get over it!"

It's sad that they don't see the error in this sort of position.  The implications of a football game are basically nil and any that might exist typically end a short time after the game is over.  But that's it.  It doesn't affect the lives of people worldwide like the U.S. Presidency does.

Go read the comments on a Fox News article sometime.  It's like reading the transcript of some middle school bullying.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 17, 2017, 09:42:28 AM by scottws »

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #82 on: Friday, February 17, 2017, 12:27:16 PM »
For those interested here's a clip from the conference where Trump talks about the media.

« Last Edit: Friday, February 17, 2017, 01:28:11 PM by Cools! »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #83 on: Friday, February 24, 2017, 01:14:41 PM »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #84 on: Friday, February 24, 2017, 04:11:11 PM »
Not a classic fascist move at all. Not the kind of thing that happens in dictatorships across the world, and has for centuries. Nope.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, February 25, 2017, 11:34:57 AM »
Oh geez...

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 01:50:09 PM »
I'm a bit late on this one, but let me explain my experience with this election: I live in a town called Nokesville, its a rural town in Virginia, but close enough to go to places like Manassas, Alexandria, Fredericksburg, D.C., etc. I live in the sticks, but we're not completely cut off from civilization. However, I'm surrounded by republicans, I usually bite my tongue around them (I'm very political, but I actually read the news and can produce facts), but since Trump has been elected I've found that harder to do.

I wanted a Trump sign, I figured no way this idiot would win. I wanted a sign so I could show my kids that this idiot was the GOP's nominee and we could have all have a good laugh about it in 20 years. I wanted Bernie, but I figured Clinton was more than qualified over him. I even took the  next day off so I could stay up late, drink and watch the election. I figured it would over by 11pm like the last two, but by 11pm I knew it was over. I told my friends this and they thought I was being negative. When I woke up at 5am and saw they results, I went on a hard bender.

I hung out with the guy who lives above me, hardcore Trump supporter, eventually the conversation turned to politics. This guy was talking gibberish (he was drunk), but when I didn't agree with me he called me a Muslim. I'm not, I'm actually not religous at all, but it shouldn't matter. Trump supporters have a very aggressive "us vs. them" mentality...and them is basically everyone.

I used to respect my boss, but I can't do it anymore. We argue politics everyday, but I've backed off. Every fact that I use is "fake news" or every stupid thing Trump does is "apart of his plan". How do you debate with someone who doesn't recognize clear facts? I know its only been a couple of months, but Trump hasn't shown me anything that would make me believe he is capable of being president. I don't understand why republicans keep voting for morons. I always thought that you would want your leader to be more intelligent than yourself, not as smart or dumber than you are.

I'm drunk, just thinking about this makes me drink. I hope Trump is able to do everything he aims to do, maybe people then will finally see what they voted for. As I said, its only been two months and they buyer's remorse is strong with this one.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #87 on: Monday, March 13, 2017, 09:18:55 AM »
Trump likes the new jobs numbers, even though all previous jobs numbers under Obama were false before. Now they are magically real because... Trumpworld, I guess?

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-monthly-jobs-numbers-sean-spicer-235936

What a joke.