Author Topic: The Last Of Us Part II  (Read 5843 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 21, 2020, 06:55:25 PM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: The Last Of Us 2 Part II
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 04, 2020, 07:09:11 AM »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: The Last Of Us 2 Part II
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, June 21, 2020, 07:18:46 AM »
Youtube -> Dreamcast Guy - Review on TLOU2:

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: The Last Of Us Part II
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 10:31:30 PM »
That Forbes article is fucking trash. That is all.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 11:36:36 PM »
The Last of Us was a phenomenal game with great character development, pacing, and narrative. It was probably one of the best video games I have ever played thanks to the rich world, characters, and story.

It is very unlikely that I will play this sequel since I do not own a PS4 and will likely not purchase a PS5 when it comes out. However, from what I have read and seen about this sequel, it appears to have a forgettable characters and a plot/narrative that is poorly conceived and thought out, which is too bad considering how amazing the original was.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, July 04, 2020, 04:41:56 PM »
I just finished this game and enjoyed the heck out of it. The haters can suck it
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 09, 2020, 12:23:04 PM »
I have not played but feel fully qualified to give my opinion on it... No wait, I'm NOT a jackass. I have no opinion on TLOU2  ;D

It's actually banned here in the Middle East. I could get a disc copy somewhere but honestly I'm not that interested.

I played the first one and felt it was "meh" at best; amazing production quality, engaging story line, but just very "meh" gameplay. I generally love stealth games but TLOU1 was ok. So I wasn't all that interested in the sequel.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 09:55:57 AM »
I have not played but feel fully qualified to give my opinion on it... No wait, I'm NOT a jackass. I have no opinion on TLOU2  ;D

It's actually banned here in the Middle East. I could get a disc copy somewhere but honestly I'm not that interested.

I played the first one and felt it was "meh" at best; amazing production quality, engaging story line, but just very "meh" gameplay. I generally love stealth games but TLOU1 was ok. So I wasn't all that interested in the sequel.
What is the reasoning behind the ban?

You are the first person I've seen that thought TLOU was anything other than phenomenal. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and I'm not discounting yours, but it's one of the best games I have ever played. I loved every second.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, July 11, 2020, 08:18:29 PM »
I kind of agree with Xessive, I had a hard time getting into TLOU.  I can't remember the specifics of why but I got like half way or 3/4 and just dropped off.

I was thinking of giving the Remastered version I got through PS Plus though, as everyone else does seem to rave about it and maybe I just wasn't in the headspace for that game at the time.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, July 12, 2020, 07:00:11 AM »
I'm a sucker for a good story. Do you know why I liked Starcraft so much and didn't really get into Brood War? I was entralled by the story in the single player campaign of the original, and the expansion's story sucked. It seems crazy, loving an RTS game primarily because of the story. But those are the facts.

TLOU has a story that rivals some of the better movies I've seen. It is just... fantastic! The world and character building... the various subplots... they are so well done. I love it!

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, 07:39:11 PM »
I am also a sucker for a good story.  You just convinced me to give the first game another chance.  I kept hearing how the story was like the best ever but while playing it something just never clicked.

I'll check it out again.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, June 19, 2021, 12:03:22 PM »
This game got the PS5 performance upgrade recently and it also went on 50% sale on the PS Store, so I picked up this game and just finished it a few days ago.

It's a great game. The gameplay, world-building and attention to detail is incredible.

The narrative is flawed, but I did find it to be acceptable.

My biggest complaint about the game is pacing. Early on in the game you switch to play as Abby (who is introduced as the antagonist in the game) briefly and it fits the narrative in a cohesive manner, as it creates the conflict that drives the story and characters forward (i.e., Abby kills Joel). The game then switches back to Ellie's perspective and you play as Ellie for most of the first half of the game (i.e., Seattle Day 1, 2, and 3). The game's narrative reaches a climactic section, and then the perspective changes and you play as Abby and go back to Seattle Day 1, 2 and 3 and play from her perspective. It was actually quite jarring.

The end sequence was quite a visceral and powerful moment though.

Overall, I would highly recommend the game.