Author Topic: Video games footage used make news seem real  (Read 4304 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Video games footage used make news seem real
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 05, 2017, 08:09:21 AM »
I read about Bethesda's Russian hacking yesterday.  Too funny.  I remember a couple of the others you mentioned.  Is it laziness, ignorance, both?  Part of it is the lack of real journalism.  The people reading the news don't qualify as journalists half the time.  It may also touch on the practice of using stock footage to spice up the news, rather than sticking to images or video from the reported events.

Remember the story of an airliner crash where newsreaders were reporting the pilots' names as Wi Too Lo, Ding Bang Ow and such?  I can't help snickering now, but that was a real disgrace.  Talk about not checking your sources.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 05, 2017, 11:57:40 AM »
OMG, I remember that incident with the Asiana Airlines pilots' names.  How in the world did the newscaster not realize she was being had before she read off even the second name, much less all the four that the she did read and embarrass herself with?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 05, 2017, 08:26:06 PM »
It really does make you question where people are willing to pull footage from. I haven't watched the news in years, apparently I'm not missing anything.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野