Author Topic: Super Mario Run  (Read 1211 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Super Mario Run
« on: Thursday, March 23, 2017, 01:37:47 PM »
This came out a while back for iOS, but I don't have a recent enough iOS device to play it. Well good news it's finally out on Android!

This is a major move for Nintendo into the mobile space. If you forgot or didn't pay attention I shall describe. This is a side scrolling Mario runner game. It is not an infinite runner like most are on mobile. Super Mario Run has distinct levels that you complete. Mario automatically runs and when you tap the screen he jumps, hold and he jumps higher, and it looks like there are a few things to do with swipes when playing as different characters that I haven't unlocked.

Speaking of unlocking, thats in here. It isn't some insane spend infinite money thing, thank god. For free you get to play World 1 which is 3 levels and a boss level. $10 unlocks the rest of the game which I think is 5 more worlds. That's it, no other purchases in here.

And you know what? I think it might be worth it. It starts off simple but has some extra depth to it. Each level has 5 pink coins in them. Collect them all and it will unlock the same level with purple coins. The level has the same basic layout but a few things may be added or changed and the coins will be harder to get. Collect all the purple coins and you unlock the black coins which again will alter the level and will be the hardest coins to get. It makes the game quite replayable because the levels are fairly short (at least World 1 is) so I've been trying over and over to get all those coins in a single run.

There is also some kind of weird kingdom customization thing where you play levels "versus" someone to earn Toads which you then spend to unlock buildings which can grant you new characters to play as. If you link with your Nintendo account you also get to play as Toad and I guess he runs faster. I havent messed with that aspect of the game so much so can't really say too much about it.

But yeah, it's better than you'd think it'd be. I recommend checking it out. My player ID is 9866-2244-1621 if you want to add me as a friend in the game. I guess we can do that versus mode thing for funsies? No idea how it works since I don't have any friends on my list yet.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Super Mario Run
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 23, 2017, 04:21:44 PM »
Lot of people were disappointed in this, but I thought it was kinda cool. I've been waiting for Android because it didn't run well on my iPod Touch. Might give it another go now.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野