Author Topic: Destiny 2 - Update: Bungie & Acti-Blizzard split (Reply 32)  (Read 7552 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Last Edit: Friday, January 11, 2019, 04:55:47 AM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline PyroMenace

Re: Destiny 2 announced by Bungie.
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 07:16:32 PM »
Weird.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 10:40:18 PM »
Pretty sure the thought process went "Everyone and their mother plays Overwatch so they have bnet installed. Also then we dont have to give Valve a 30% cut." Still weird considering they just rebranded it to "Blizzard App".

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 03:23:19 AM »
Part of Destiny 2 being on the Blizzard app, is that you can buy it with account balance. Also, you can buy WoW Tokens with gold and apply them as account balance for $15 each. ~500,000 gold (at current US token prices) will get you the $60 to buy Destiny 2.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 02:47:13 PM »
VG247 - Info on Destiny 2's resolution support + framerates.

PC version supports 4K resolutions.
PC version can go uncapped, even up to 144 FPS (for those with 144Hz monitors + who have PC's that can handle high frame-rates).
Console versions (Xbox One + PS4) will be locked to 30FPS.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 28, 2017, 06:04:30 PM »
Blizzard - Destiny 2 PC Open Beta incoming.

PC Open Beta starts tomorrow on August 29th at 10AM PT.
Goes on until August 31st.
Destiny 2 PC Open Beta is a 16GB download over Blizzard Battle.Net.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Destiny 2 - Update: PC Open Beta starts August 29th at 10am PT.
« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 28, 2017, 09:41:01 PM »
I got in early. Someone hooked me up w/ an Early Access key to the Open Beta.

Tried out Destiny 2 PC Beta. Just got past the Homecoming level.

My God...this game looks great both technically & artistically (yes, I so love the art direction here); runs wonderful here; and the combat is absolutely outstanding here. Combat looks great, feels intense and is visceral as can be. At 1440p with most stuff on High here and V-Sync On: running often at 60 FPS; sometimes it took some hits down to 40FPS when a lot was happening on-screen. Turning V Sync off - boom, no more framerate drops & the game just sticks around 60FPS. Brilliant.

Story & character stuff don't seem to really be anything special here. Maybe it's too early for that, given it was only 2 levels or so here - but, I don't expect the moon for that stuff in this time of MMO-lit looter-shooter. But, My God...those cut-scenes videos also just look glorious.

This Beta is awesome.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 09:26:40 AM »
Thats what I was worried about. I kinda don't want to play the beta just because it'll likely make me want the final game, and I already have enough shooters to play haha

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 08:40:32 PM »
Thats what I was worried about. I kinda don't want to play the beta just because it'll likely make me want the final game, and I already have enough shooters to play haha
I'm worried I'll have the same issues as the first game:

• played the beta, loved it
  • bought the PS4 Guardian Edition of the game, which includes an expansion pass at $99
  • full game was disappointing and lacking content
  • realized I got my fix in the beta
  • discovered that the expansion pass I paid for only gets me 2 of the 4 expansions
  • stopped playing for a couple of months, came back to realize massive level gap between me and my friends, can't play together
  • discovered that I can't play any of the expanded campaigns online unless it is with friends (no matchmaking) and playing solo was repetitive, dull, and boring
  • another expansion pass is released for an additional $40 and only gets one expansion "The Taken King"
  • yet another expansion pass for "Rise of Iron" for an additional $25
  • the game price drops to $60 including all expansions, and $40 "Complete Collection" expansion pass gives access to all expansions for anyone who already owns the game
  • everyone who bought the game felt ripped off

Basically I spent $99 on something incomplete, that was later completed for an additional $65, then dropped to a total cost of only $60.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 03:24:19 PM »

Yeah, no crap.

I already have MGS5: Definitive, Far Cry 4, Borderlands 2 DLC's, Borderlands TPS, ME: Andromeda, and other games w/ shooting to play.
Still far behind on CoD, for SP campaigns - still on Ghosts.

I would love to see Destiny 1 finally hit PC, in a Complete Edition form.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, October 26, 2017, 09:13:26 PM »
• SSSE3 Required: Destiny 2 will not run on processors without Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3 (SSSE3).
PLEASE NOTE: We’ve seen a number of reports of crashes on CPUs that fall below our stated minimum specs (E.G. AMD Phenom II series). We are investigating the issue and will attempt to fix the crash, but these CPUs are below minimum spec and are not officially supported.

This includes Phenom IIs. I have a Phenom II. The game crashes as soon as you get to gameplay, before even loading into the world. The character creation and opening cutscene work, but then CDT. The kicker is that the game ran on my Phenom II during beta, without issues. I used beta to decide if it would run on my system, and only bought the game because it did. It's been almost 3 days since launch, and I haven't been able to play at all.

I could try for a refund, but apparently refunds with Blizzard take 14 days?! So do I sit on a game I can't play, hoping that they patch it soon, or do I refund it, knowing it'll take 2 weeks to get the money back? (Which will be returned in Blizzard balance anyway, and I won't have anything to spend it on.)

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: Friday, October 27, 2017, 08:30:56 AM »
You said the beta ran, but not the official release.  I don't know what mileage you'll get out of that with Blizzard, but I would at least try to coax them into an actual refund, since you relied on your experience with the software.  (It's more than reasonable to expect the official release to behave the same as the beta or better.)  I don't know how much of a fight you're willing to put up here.  You were sold something you can't use, and a prompt refund is what you should get.

Failing that, it's really a matter of preference.  If you really like the game, and a fake refund (usable only at Blizzard) doesn't appeal to you, I guess waiting for a patch or hardware upgrade will have to do.  Sucks, though.

Did some quick searching.  (Google: destiny ii beta works official release crashes)

It’s a particularly strange issue considering that the problem wasn’t present in the PC beta, and you’d think a bug affecting an entire class of CPU wouldn’t be introduced in the transition from beta to full release.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/destiny-2/destiny-2-phenom-crash

Yeah, exactly.  You acted in good-faith reliance on the beta.  Maybe try to join forces with others who have been similarly screwed out there?

Edit:  Thinking on this a bit more . . .  If I was in on the coding of this, I'd be able to crank out a patch in an afternoon.  I know that the beta works and release does not.  Likely due to last-minute optimizations using more advanced instructions.  I can insert both sets of code into the program, detect Phenom IIs at game launch, and set the appropriate code path.  I can't imagine they won't patch this, given the uproar, and the relative simplicity of a fix.  Then again, I don't know the corporate hang ups at Blizzard.
« Last Edit: Friday, October 27, 2017, 08:56:02 AM by Cobra951 »

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #19 on: Friday, October 27, 2017, 06:03:47 PM »
I'm sort of leaning in the direction of just waiting for a patch. The refund will take 14 days, there really isn't anything else I'd want to spend the Blizzard balance on... and I also already own the game on Xbox. So I can play in the meantime, just not with my PC friends. In their list of issues, they say they'll attempt to patch it (I see no reason why they can't, since it worked in beta), so I'm assuming it will get fixed eventually.

There are other people experiencing crashes, but they're intermittent. This one is 100% of the time, it crashes before even trying to load you into the game world.

EDIT: They added a new bit to the note on this issue:
ADDED 10/27/17: Destiny 2 PC will receive a Hotfix next week to remove the SSSE3 processor requirement.
So I can play sometime next week I guess.
« Last Edit: Friday, October 27, 2017, 07:10:46 PM by W7RE »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, November 26, 2017, 07:55:28 AM »
YongYea on Youtube - Destiny 2 was lying to players about how much XP they were earning, once they hit Level 20 cap.

Basically, here's the story:
You earn XP regularly, until you hit Level 20 cap.
Once you hit the cap, XP gains now work towards filling XP Bar to get Bright Engrams (Loot Boxes in Destiny 2).
Of course, you can also buy Bright Engrams with Silver (i.e. Silver is the game's in-game Currency).
Game tells you how much # of XP was earned, but...the actual bar wasn't raising as much as it should be. Something was completely off.
Gamers used DIM (Destiny Item Manager app) and found out how much they actually really were earning.
Destiny dev's responded that they will be changing/fixing XP gaining system.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Destiny 2 - Update: Game lied about XP gains after Level 20 cap
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 04, 2018, 08:57:44 AM »
Yong Yea - Destiny 2 rebooted during its development cycle could be why it lacks content; & that Bungie asked Activision about creating the Eververse for MTX's to make the game $$.

This might explain the complaint of Destiny 2 lacking content that many have with the game.
Looks like Destiny 2 was rebooted during its development cycle and developed in 16 months.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Destiny 2
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, January 09, 2018, 05:47:20 AM »
That certainly explains a lot but there is a lot of speculation.

I still chuckle to myself when I think about the comment by the narrative lead Jason Harris:
I hope people complain about how much story we have at the end of this. That'd be the Reddit thread I'd like to read: Too much damn story!

People did indeed complain about how much story they have: not enough story. Even worse, what story there is kinda sucks.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #27 on: Friday, April 27, 2018, 02:38:50 PM »
I recently bought this Destiny 2 PC for $15 from NewEgg.
Finished it up last night.

Tons of thoughts here:
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/TGAEC/discussions/0/3288067088122877057/

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #28 on: Friday, May 04, 2018, 03:34:33 PM »
OMG, Destiny 2 PC (base-game) is the Unlock for the Humble Bundle Monthly for June.

If you don't own it yet, $12 for this game's campaign (8-20 hours) and who knows what you'll get out of the (severely lacking) End-game and who knows what other stuff Humble will kick over to you for the other games in the Monthlu - yeah, this is a steal.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #29 on: Friday, November 02, 2018, 07:36:32 PM »
Destiny 2 PC (Base-game) is now free on Battle.Net to add to your B-Net Account for...forever.
Get onto B-Net, sign into your account, and go get it!!!

This freebie offer ends on Nov. 18th - so, go get it now!

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Destiny 2 -- Update: D2 PC is now free on BNet; go get it!
« Reply #30 on: Friday, November 02, 2018, 09:55:03 PM »
Grabbed it, but dunno when I'll get around to installing it. Its 80GB. Yikes.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Destiny 2 -- Update: D2 PC is now free on BNet; go get it!
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, November 03, 2018, 02:05:36 PM »
@Idol

Glad you grabbed it.
Hope you like the base-game.

It's easily worth the price of...ZERO. :)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, January 10, 2019, 04:11:23 PM »
Kotaku - Big Bungie/Activision news:
https://kotaku.com/bungie-splits-with-activision-1831651740

- Bungie has split away from Activision.
- Bungie retains Destiny IP rights and publishing.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Destiny 2 - Update: Bungie & Acti-Blizzard split (Reply 32)
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 05:19:44 PM »
Gonna be awkward having it on Battlenet then.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, January 12, 2019, 05:32:44 PM »
Gonna be awkward having it on Battlenet then.

It's gonna be staying there, for now...

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #35 on: Friday, June 07, 2019, 02:21:11 PM »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, June 08, 2019, 06:47:50 AM »
Apparently Destiny 2 is coming to Steam!

Whodathunk?!

With them now no longer in bed w/ Activision, this was probably bound to happen.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #37 on: Monday, June 17, 2019, 04:16:03 PM »
VG24/7 - Destiny 2 is leaving Battle.Net and moving over to Steam:
https://www.vg247.com/2019/06/17/destiny-2-battle-net-steam-account-keep/

- You'll be able to move your content over from Battle.Net to Steam
- This content you can move includes content owned (DLC's/Expansions)
- This content also includes characters, loot, gear, stats & collections.
- This one-time content transfer will occur sometime soon to September 17th (when Shadowkeep launches).
- Even though this is going to Steam, Bungie plans to also sell it on as many platforms as possible.