Community > Entertainment

Bladerunner 2049

(1/6) > >>

PyroMenace:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haXvp8M9Cog

Not sure how I missed this. I honestly wouldn't have cared if Ridley Scott was heading this but it's actually going to be Denis Villeneuve, who has done some really impressive movies as of late. I'm pretty excited now.

Cools!:
I'm interested. Actually more so because of Villeneuve. Scott is a great director but I wasn't a huge fan of how Prometheus turned out.

Quemaqua:
I think it looks great. I don't know why everyone is so down on Promotheus. It was as good as the better Alien films (except the first, of course, which is the best by a landslide), and substantially better than the shitty ones. Ridley Scott is all right. Villeneuve is a more exciting choice, though, for sure, and I really loved this trailer. Was expecting to be down on it, but I might actually go see this.

Pugnate:
Because the characterization in Promotheus was really bad. I mean, it's fine if this was the 80s, but it felt really silly. Supposedly intelligent scientists acting like dumb fools throughout.

Cools!:
I liked the visual style and the general idea of exploration and discovery of the origins of the aliens, but the plot and characters (like Pugnate mentioned) were just horrible. I did like David though because I like the actor.

I hope the upcoming Alien: Covenant is a better "Alien" movie, but just looking at the recent trailer I can already see it's going to be more like Prometheus in it's approach. Not quite like Aliens, but definitely not the atmosphere of Alien.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version