Author Topic: Gwent: The Witcher Card Game  (Read 4095 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game
« on: Saturday, May 27, 2017, 10:49:01 AM »
The Gwent Public Beta is available free to play!

You can grab it here or use the GOG Galaxy launcher to download and install it.

Awesome YouTube trailer:

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Gwent: The Witcher Card Game
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 27, 2017, 04:53:24 PM »
I've been playing the solo challenges and been having fun with it. Interesting strategic decisions.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Gwent: The Witcher Card Game
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 04, 2020, 01:35:57 PM »
I downloaded this once and never played it. We were talking about it the other day and how some folks just avoided playing it in Witcher 3, but I loved it there, and it got me started back on my Witcher 3 play through (130+ hours and counting ... I'm playing on Death March), and I decided to try Gwent in its standalone format.

I didn't realize some of the differences they made to it, like only 2 rows per side instead of 3, but it's a great game and I really enjoy it. Nice to see that despite being F2P, you can actually earn a lot of rewards just by playing, doesn't feel like the kind of thing you're forced to buy tons of stuff for.

Then I learned that Thronebreaker was actually originally planned to be a single-player component of Gwent, which I didn't realize, I thought it was just a sort of card RPG thing. But I guess they put so much in they decided to make it its own standalone product. I've played a bunch of that now as well and it's really been a lot of fun too.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野