Author Topic: Weekend  (Read 3352 times)

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
Weekend
« on: Saturday, October 28, 2006, 10:42:20 PM »
Whats everyone up to this Halloween?

We had a Halloween party on Friday, a good amount of people showed up and it was great. Many people left, and we decided to start drinking vodka at 2:30 am, after much beer. After the vodka, we decided to make a bonfire, and I almost killed myself in the process. We had a can of gas to light the fire, and the tip of it caught on fire when I was dousing the bonfire. I blew it out pretty nonchalantly, but I realized today how close to death I was. Anyways, we were up until about 4 am, and we got back up at 9 am to start tailgating. Drank a lot, then went to the game. We are #1 in the country right now at 1-AA, and we were facing our arch rival, so it was a huge game. We ended up stomping them to the ground, 40-7, and after much liquor in the game I went back to my place to drink with some people I haven't seen in about a year. Then, I went to another Halloween party, which was huge, and ended up drinking some more. So, I'm pretty exhausted right now. Going to sleep for a long time.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Weekend
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 28, 2006, 11:03:35 PM »
Only n00bs need gas to make a bonfire.

Uh, we're planning a trip for my aunts surprise 50th birthday party. So lots of preparing and packing for that. Got my haircut today so I'm dead sexy. Tomorrow We arent really sure what we're doing. If the weather is shitty we're going to go and move more stuff from the warehouse. If its good we might go to Anderson Gardens (japanese garden) since we havent gone all year and it closes by the end of this month. Yeah...down to the wire.

Either way, I imagine I'll be moving a lot of warehouse crap during the day and packing/preparing at night. We need to be out of the warehouse by Nov 1st, and we're leaving on the trip Nov 2nd. Halloween? Pfft...probably not doing anything except eat all the candy we buy since we never get any trick-or-treaters.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 28, 2006, 11:43:26 PM »
Just trying to finish up Okami before FFXII is released. Tomorrow I plan on driving to my mothers, we're going to see Saw III, shes a big horror movie watcher.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 12:40:16 AM »
Haha, your mom?  That's really funny.  My mom is the ultimate antithesis of a horror movie watcher.

Anyway, not much here.  Sy came over tonight, we did some painting.  I spent hours trying to get my fucking Battle Sister looking right, but I just can't seem to get her "finished".  I did at least decide on what my order is going to be called and came up with a pretty decent little logo/icon for them, which I'm planning to paint freehand on the shoulder of each model.  Took forever to get one I liked that was easy enough to reproduce with any degree of consistency, but I think this one works.  I'll post shots in the model thread later.

Tomorrow is my grandma's birthday, so I'll be spending the whole day there trying not to wish for death so as to escape the horrible boredom.  I love my grandma dearly, but these things turn into really weird family gatherings sometimes, and I just don't always feel like seeing my 8 billion family people.  I especially don't right now.  Oh well.

Not doing jack for Halloween.  Never really do.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 01:07:21 AM »
I was at a friend's place for a Halloween party.  It was good.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 01:34:50 AM »
Haha, your mom?  That's really funny.  My mom is the ultimate antithesis of a horror movie watcher.

Anyway, not much here.  Sy came over tonight, we did some painting.  I spent hours trying to get my fucking Battle Sister looking right, but I just can't seem to get her "finished".  I did at least decide on what my order is going to be called and came up with a pretty decent little logo/icon for them, which I'm planning to paint freehand on the shoulder of each model.  Took forever to get one I liked that was easy enough to reproduce with any degree of consistency, but I think this one works.  I'll post shots in the model thread later.

Heh, yea, she loves horror flicks. Actually my mom is the one that got me into the Alien movies and Wes Craven's The Thing, those are her favorites. Shes also a big fan of Hitchcock. Yes, my mom is awesome.

I also did some painting today on my orks. I got 2 more done, so Im up to 5 that are finished. Though I think I'm gonna redo the first one or at least try to alter him. Preferably I've been painting mine before assembling them and I really like doing it better than the other way around, they just end up looking much cleaner. Ive been trying to come up with some common marking to put on all of them but its more difficult because orks are just not all uniformed to look alike.

Cools

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 02:21:46 AM »
Club party, around 3,000 people. Took pics and video. Hurray!

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 06:45:50 AM »
got drunk. woke up late. couldn't face going into work, so didn't. probably now unemployed. whoops.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 08:13:55 AM »
I typed this up on IGN, but here goes.  Basically, I met this awesome girl from far away and was twice unsuccessful in losing my virginity, even though we both wanted to have sex.  Ugh.

Evening 1 scenario: Huge party, everyone is drunk, we leave and start walking around.

This girl and I were hanging out for the whole evening and she comes back to my room. This is definitely going all the way. Then all of a sudden, there is incessant pounding at the door. Of course, I ignore it for a long time, but eventually I have to get it. It is her best friend(one of my good friends) and she won't leave until the girl comes with her. Dammit.  So she had to leave.

The good news is that she is in town again tonight before leaving. One more shot!

Evening 2 scenario: We all meet up and watch Bring It On, which is fine because I was drunk for it. She, on the other hand, has consumed nothing.

Everyone falls asleep in the room, but we are still up in someone's bed, messing around. We were about to do it on the kitchen floor of her best friend's room, but then we would have been screwed if anyone left their beds(there were 2 other people in the room.. haha).  So we came up to my room. My roommate was gone. Great. I send him a text message and call him, leaving a message and telling him to stay out of the room. So what happens? He comes by like 20 minutes later(no kidding, RIGHT before i could have gotten rid of the virgin title) and barges in. Of course, hiding ensues. It was really late and he wanted a place to sleep.

So we had to put the clothes back on and get out of there. And there was nowhere else to go.

And what now? She left like 4 hours ago on a plane back home no Illinois, which is like forever away from here(Washington DC). Okay, the virginity part of this post was meant to be lighthearted.  Honestly, I am just going to miss her.  She was the only girl that I have a real connection to out here in college and she is going back to her school.  We stayed up for the rest of the night just talking about whatever..  It was great.  I haven't had that connection in so long.  But I will probably never see her again.

In conclusion, God hates me.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 09:00:44 AM »
Don't sweat the sex.  That shit is a great deal less important than it first feels when you get close to somebody, and it can be a complication, not to mention extra emotionally engaging.  You don't strike me as the kind of guy to just fuck and be done with it, and that's not how I am either, so sex was definitely something I had to think about before jumping into.  I'm one of those guys who falls in love hard, and if I was considering sex with anybody it was definitely because I had at least a pretty heavy emotional attachment to them already.  So for somebody that might be up and leaving... not necessarily the best idea.  Then again, maybe I'm wrong and you aren't as much of a pansy nice guy as I am.  Still, I say just enjoy the fact that you guys got to have a lot of fun together.  You're in a really great time of your life when it comes to that kind of thing.  Even the relationships that don't work out and the shorter ones that can't or won't go anywhere... you'll remember them for a long time.  And hey, just because she lives far away doesn't mean you won't ever see her again.  Really, if there's one thing I've learned in my adult life it's that America is a really small place if you put your mind to making it so.  Who knows what options will become available to you once you finish school?  I've been more places in America than I would have ever thought, and I have people I consider great friends in place I'd have never thought (hell, Pyro's on the opposite coast and he's been out to see us twice now... and we have tons of fun every time).

Anyhoo...

Pyro, get a fucking camera!  I want to see those damned Orks!  Glad you're enjoying painting them so much.  I'm a bit weirded out by everything right now because of my mistakes on the last sister.  I felt like I kinda' had her complete then decided I didn't like some stuff.  So I dunno' now.  Plus I've got this idea for doing the bases that sounds really awesome, but also sounds pretty hard and kind of intimidating for my level of ability.  But Sy's endless knowledge may help me in that area, so it may work yet.  We'll see!

Oh, and The Thing was John Carpenter, not Wes Craven!  I fucking hate Wes Craven.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 09:14:29 AM »
Update: Anderson Gardens it is!

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 10:13:36 AM »
Only n00bs need gas to make a bonfire.

Yeah, it was raining  :P

Also, your post count is 666.  :-[

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 11:06:05 AM »
On Friday, our school had commencement for all the high school graduates for last year, so after that we hit up this party around midnight. So we have this drinking game where you take a swig at every subway stop. yay for blatant drinking in public. anyways,  it was the biggest house I had ever been in, looked like it was from a magazine. It was awesome. The house must have cost several million dollars. Anyways, we thought the subway stopped at 2, but it actually stopped at 1:24 so we had an almost 2 hour bus ride home. Near the end of the bus ride, there's this guy sleeping in the back and the bus driver yells to get him up. It turns out's he passed out and barely breathing. People are yelling at him and shaking him but nobody can get him up. So the bus driver stops the bus to call the police/ambulance, and I decide to walk the rest of the 20 minutes. Not that long but it was raining and almost 4am.

I don't think I've mentioned this here but I'm a pizza delivery guy as of about 3 weeks ago. So Saturday night I do that, and visit about 20 halloween parties. that was awesome, I've never been more popular. cops were out everywhere though. at one point I saw a fleet of over 10 cop cars roaming the streets together. Why they decided to go together I don't understand. my shift ends at 3am, and I was thinking I'd have to work an extra hour cuz of daylight savings, but I didn't. got home at 4 (actually 3 cuz of time change), woke up at 11, and am soon going out to watch the naked gun!

oh, and I discovered that our soccer team last year was 79th out of 79th in the province, we rock. but this year we seem to be winning everything, so that's cool. Indoor soccer is the most fun sport ever.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 11:13:41 AM »
I miss soccer.  When I walk home every day I see kids playing on the city teams and it makes me miss it.  I played for about 5 years when I was younger.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 02:25:58 PM »
I love you Que.  Seriously.  Thanks for that post.  I certainly know what you mean about falling hard, as I knew this girl for 3 days and I am going nuts over her.  I can't concentrate on anything and I have just been moping around all day.  It is even worse that she is REALLY into me too, because that means that there was a great shot of something magical happening.  And as a little added bonus, I could finally get over my ex.

I think you are right about the sex, though.  I might be in total shambles if I didn't get interrupted both of those times.

[/emo]

Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, October 29, 2006, 06:19:00 PM »
You poor guy.  Seriously, you sound exactly like me when I was dealing with my first love.  She lived in LA and we started meeting at shows and stuff... and I would fly down there every chance I could to see her.  Then when I had to come back I'd be all sad and lame for weeks.  Then she broke up with me a year down the road and I went through the most horrible time in my young life because of how hard I'd fallen for her (apparently it runs in the family - mom says that my grandpa was always the same way), and that's when I pretty much snapped and turned into the bitter psychopath you know and love.    :-[  But really... experiences like this help us grow.  As awful as that first hard rejection made me feel, I'm glad something finally pulled me out of my shell.  I really hated who I was then, even though I'd found someone to love, and being able to feel like I really respect who I am now is a much better thing in the end.  So don't worry about those hard times in love.  It's a magical and often painfully emotional thing, but it's one of those things that (in my experience, anyway) can really make you a better person if you let it.  My wife Julia is one of the best and worst things in my life.  She is the source of the ultimate struggles because of her condition and because of the sometimes insanely complicated emotional relationship we have (due to her struggles and my own frustrations, not to mention the combined battles we have to fight *together*), but she's also the source of the happiest and most amazing feelings.  She's taught me, even through times when I thought we were going to literally kill each other, that I have levels of patience and love hiding inside me that I didn't even think were possible.  And it makes those good times all the sweeter.

Anyway, I'm rambling.  Case in point... you're a nice, honest guy with a good future, or at least that's what you sound like here in internet land.  You'll find someone right, and if you manage to stay honest in this fucking messed up world, then you should have the pleasure of being able to just let things happen naturally.

Offline shock

• Poster Child
« Reply #16 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 05:03:20 PM »
I meant to post on this last night.  Que, once again, you really helped me calm down and get in the mood to get work done.  Once again, it is very much appreciated.

I am feeling better today, although still a bit somber.  I just talked to her on the phone, though, and there is good news: My Christmas break starts in late December and goes until late January, while hers starts at the beginning of December and goes until the beginning of January.  I live in Colorado and go to school in DC, and she goes to school in Northwestern.  So that is literally right on the way.  So she was thinking that I could stop by for a few days before heading back to my school in DC!

It really is a small world.  I am not by any means thinking that this is going to become any serious long term relationship, but I do really want to just see her again.  And I am so flattered that she would think of something like this!  She really is just as crazy as I am.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: Monday, October 30, 2006, 05:24:56 PM »
aww someone's  :-*

all the best to you. Loving someone and knowing you can't have them or talk to them to let them know is tough but life goes on..  :-[

the weekend was spent planning a party for someone dear and then overseeing some construction.

There's another party coming up tomorrow and another one the day after that.  And for some reason, i'm helping plan those too! The second one i will most likely host here at my place.

Taken.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 09:37:41 AM »
I typed this up on IGN, but here goes.  Basically, I met this awesome girl from far away and was twice unsuccessful in losing my virginity, even though we both wanted to have sex.  Ugh.

Evening 1 scenario: Huge party, everyone is drunk, we leave and start walking around.

This girl and I were hanging out for the whole evening and she comes back to my room. This is definitely going all the way. Then all of a sudden, there is incessant pounding at the door. Of course, I ignore it for a long time, but eventually I have to get it. It is her best friend(one of my good friends) and she won't leave until the girl comes with her. Dammit.  So she had to leave.

The good news is that she is in town again tonight before leaving. One more shot!

Evening 2 scenario: We all meet up and watch Bring It On, which is fine because I was drunk for it. She, on the other hand, has consumed nothing.

Everyone falls asleep in the room, but we are still up in someone's bed, messing around. We were about to do it on the kitchen floor of her best friend's room, but then we would have been screwed if anyone left their beds(there were 2 other people in the room.. haha).  So we came up to my room. My roommate was gone. Great. I send him a text message and call him, leaving a message and telling him to stay out of the room. So what happens? He comes by like 20 minutes later(no kidding, RIGHT before i could have gotten rid of the virgin title) and barges in. Of course, hiding ensues. It was really late and he wanted a place to sleep.

So we had to put the clothes back on and get out of there. And there was nowhere else to go.

Haha.  I've experienced both scenarios in college, and yes, with the same girl (who in the end, I never got to have sex with).  The first time, we went into a friend's bedroom, later her roommates came pounding at the door, and my friend actually started to open it with his key (the miserable, spineless dolt), against all my protests.  I had to physically jump the door and hold it shut.  The second scenario happened in the living area of my "apartment".  It was a college place which anyone else would have thought was a dorm, but actually was run by an outside company.  2 bedrooms, 2 people to each, with a living room and bathroom in between.  My roommate at the time was asleep in his bed, so we stayed out in the living room, where nature was quickly about to take its course.  Then of course, one of the guys from the other side barged in.  He must have had Houdini key skillz, because that door flew open a millisecond after I heard the door rustle.  Dammit.  That's where alcohol gets you in trouble.  Not enough common sense to do something like move the easily detachable couch bottom into the big bathroom, which can be locked, and no one is going to try to unlock it.  (You can't know how many times I mulled over that simple, missed move in my head, over the years.  Grrr.)  After that, I imagine she thought I was cursed, because she wanted no part of me ever again.